PDA

View Full Version : Chain Mails

Invisible
03-Jan-10, 22:45
I want to have a wee rant here. Chain mail. GRRRRRRRRR. I have seen to many of these on Facebook and emailed to me over the years, i've lost friends over them.

"Say your name 5 times" done
"Say your crushes name 5 times" which one?
"Clap your hands, tap your head and your crush will appear" she didn't appear!

Another one that gets my goat more than anything is a story about someone who had something bad happen to them, and the author has the cheek to say, if you don't pass this story onto 10 other people someone close to you will die of cancer. I think this is most disrespectful as my mother died of cancer 5 years ago, and i had it when i was 2 so understandably it's a touchy subject with me.

Rant over. I am calm now

shazzap
03-Jan-10, 22:48
I want to have a wee rant here. Chain mail. GRRRRRRRRR. I have seen to many of these on Facebook and emailed to me over the years, i've lost friends over them.

"Say your name 5 times" done
"Say your crushes name 5 times" which one?
"Clap your hands, tap your head and your crush will appear" she didn't appear!

Another one that gets my goat more than anything is a story about someone who had something bad happen to them, and the author has the cheek to say, if you don't pass this story onto 10 other people someone close to you will die of cancer. I think this is most disrespectful as my mother died of cancer 5 years ago, and i had it when i was 2 so understandably it's a touchy subject with me.

Rant over. I am calm now
These get on my nerves also infact now i just delete them.[lol]

Mik.M.
03-Jan-10, 22:59
Make sure you send them back to whoever sent them to you then delete them.Simples.

joxville
03-Jan-10, 23:02
I know what you mean about that faceache crap, I got a link sent by 4 friends to join a group called 'We Hate Chain Mail'! I thought, doesn't that defeat the object? :confused

Invisible
03-Jan-10, 23:06
I know what you mean about that faceache crap, I got a link sent by 4 friends to join a group called 'We Hate Chain Mail'! I thought, doesn't that defeat the object? :confused

oops I may have sent you one of those, I was trying to promote this group! But there wasn't any made up consequences should you not join.

Vistravi
03-Jan-10, 23:15

Thats what i do. I ignore them on facebook expecilly when it is rubbish that says your true love/crush will ask you out or something in which why would a daft chain mail message have any effect on. Some people i know do believe them and have to comply with what they say and it makes me laugh at their gulliabilty.