PDA

View Full Version : Taj Mahal in Halkirk

Bobinovich
03-Jan-10, 19:47
After a prolonged absence I revisited here on Saturday night with the kids and was, as always, treated to a tastebud sensation, as well as great service. Although the restaurant was quiet there were a good number of takeways being collected and delivered.

Good news for other Taj regulars is that, with luck, the Castletown restaurant & takeaway should be reopening in due course - hopefully in the first quarter of this year :D

changilass
03-Jan-10, 20:11
Oooooooooh can't wait hope the standard will still be as good.

stiggy
03-Jan-10, 23:51
Good news for other Taj regulars is that, with luck, the Castletown restaurant & takeaway should be reopening in due course - hopefully in the first quarter of this year :D

Hope so I will even break the diet for a good night out there

froal
05-Jan-10, 17:47
i hope the one in castletown reopens as it's a bit of an eye sore now ! :confused
the last time we had an indian was there sunday thing once in halkirk since they left castletown so they probably have lost a bit of buisness...!!

Caithness Girl
12-Feb-10, 10:20
Does anyone know if the meals here are still as good as they were. Fancying a wee Valentine's takeaway but haven't heard any reports on it lately.

Thanks x

newpark
12-Feb-10, 11:45
We had a Indian take away from Halkirk on Monday and it was lovely, even my kids ate it which is un heard of as they are very fussy eaters.

Scarybiscuits03
13-Feb-10, 16:21
Had an Indian from the Taj Mahal last night. It arrived an hour after they said it would be here, the mint sauce was hot because it had been packaged in with the food and the curry didn't taste how it was supposed to, it was edible but lacking in flavour. I'll be sticking with the Thurso Indian in future.

On the other hand if you like kebabs, both the donner meat and the chicken tikka were very tasty (but they forgot to add salad!)

froal
13-Feb-10, 17:53
I love there donner kebabs could live off them if i had the chance....!!:roll:
but my tummy would have other ideas and would end up mainly in the loo.....!!!:roll::D