PDA

View Full Version : dead seal on Scrabster beach

dragonfly
03-Jan-10, 19:27
:~( its lying just at the bottom of the slipway down to the beach, its neck has been cut by something (my intial thoughts were by a boats propeller or something) as it goes all around the neck/head

Does anyone know who you report these things to as I don't want it lying there for yonks going off and having to keep the dogs away from it :(

Thumper
03-Jan-10, 19:31
Call enviromental health and they will pick it up and dispose of it,I belive there are actually two dead seals on the beach,I got a call about them earlier on x

rainbow
03-Jan-10, 20:01
Think that bad - you should see the dead cow on Dunnet Beach. Not a pretty sight.

skinnydog
03-Jan-10, 20:12
Saw it today - the seal is quite "fresh" and the other dead thing that is much further up the beach is well rotten, it looks like a dolphin or something. Thank god I don't have a dog that rolls in dead things. He is far too much of a gentleman for that sort of caper!!

doyle
03-Jan-10, 20:19
Think that bad - you should see the dead cow on Dunnet Beach. Not a pretty sight.

Where about on dunnet beach is this so I can try to avoid it? One of my dogs just loves to roll in dead things - the smellier, the better. Yuck!!

dragonfly
03-Jan-10, 20:48
2 of mine love to gorge themselves on things like this! Had them at Thurso East yesterday and Brodie filled his stomach on something disgusting! think it was a rotting seal, it was big and he had lots of it............all spewed up this morning of course :roll:

mind you he didn't like getting his face washed with dettol (not neat!) and sent to his basket for the rest of the day!