PDA

View Full Version : Not a mention - Are we all too traumatised?

veekay
03-Jan-10, 18:03
There has been no mention of the best programme on television all Christmas - Dr. Who.
Was it not brill.?
Was it not so sad?
Won't it be a hard job for the newbie to follow such a brilliant actor as David Tennant.
Roll on spring so that we can see what he is made of.

Cinderella's Shoe
03-Jan-10, 18:06
It was very good. I recorded it and watched it yesterday - and was warned about the need for a hankie at the end. However the most moving part for me was the Master saving the Doctor's life. David Tennant is very good, but I think John Simm is better!

Tugmistress
03-Jan-10, 18:15
Last time i watched Dr Who, John Pertwee was the Dr [lol]

ShelleyCowie
03-Jan-10, 18:18
im not a Dr Who fan but my sister is, she cudna stop greetin! Even when she was tellin me about it e other day she started cryin again at the thot o it.

I do like David Tennant though...very handsom! :D

cuddlepop
03-Jan-10, 18:24

That was like me until I watched an episode with the lovely David Tennant and was hooked again and I know I'm older than you.:lol:

John Simm was an added bonus,brilliant but I did feel they milked the ending for all it was worth.

northener
03-Jan-10, 18:28
Doktor Wooo...Dok-Doktor Wooo...Dok

Brilliant. Must agree with CS's comment about The Master 'sticking it up them' - brilliant turn. John Simm is excellent as The Master.

Family TV at its best, pacey, hard hitting and not cheesy 'good guys win' claptrap.

Green_not_greed
03-Jan-10, 18:32
Agreed - brilliant and CS has it right!

I'm afraid to admit that I remember William Hartnell as the Doctor!

GNG

tonkatojo
03-Jan-10, 19:29
What was the name of the first and second doctor who's ?? pls.

joxville
03-Jan-10, 20:27
What was the name of the first and second doctor who's ?? pls.

William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton.

I enjoyed 'The End Of Time', hopefully the new guy is as good as David Tennant.

Kevin Milkins
03-Jan-10, 21:43

It was Tom Baker for me.:confused

Vistravi
03-Jan-10, 22:04
I'm not a doctor who fan at all but my step dad, mum and two of my brothers are and my step dad recorded it as we don't tend to watch tv at christmas just record what we like that is on.

brandy
03-Jan-10, 23:00
*laughs* even sam and ben were watching it! just wondering was the woman the dr's mum by any chance?

purplelady
04-Jan-10, 00:02
it was by far the best thing on tv over xmas I love Dr who hope new one is as good x

macbreeza
04-Jan-10, 16:41
Have never been a fan of the doctor no matter who he was, think it's more for kids than anyone but saying that even when i was little i didn't watch it! Thought the telly was utter rubbish over the festive period if i am honest. This is the first time in my life i have had 2 weeks off over xmas and new year as i am usually working non stop so maybe it's a case of me never noticing how rubbish it was before because i was too busy? Seriously how many times are we to be expected to watch Mary Poppins and the Wizard of Oz??!

rockyrider
04-Jan-10, 17:45
love it,david tennant will be a hard act to follow,and the new writer of dr who will have to be even better.

porshiepoo
04-Jan-10, 19:51
Come on you guys, it was rubbish!!!!
I for one have been too embarrassed to admit that I watched it.
The graphics were naff and a tad insulting but then again they were slightly better than the obviously wobbling sets and the Darlek tracks of the ones that we used to find oh so frightening. :lol:

David Tennant was a good doctor though and I admit I've not looked forward to the new guy but when I saw his first appearance the other day my first thought was 'yes, he'll make a good Doctor'. Sprised meself there.

Anyway bring back Tom Baker - scarf and all.

achingale
04-Jan-10, 20:29
I also thought the Master saving the Doctor was the most moving moment, and I admit it - I was in tears at that point. But not when the Doctor regenerated. I was determined not to cry and did not. I think Matt Smith will be a good one so it goodbye 'Allons y' and hello 'Geronimo.' Got to go - the Tardis is materialising ;)

Whitewater
05-Jan-10, 00:05
I've been a Dr Who fan for many years, been great fun since it started many years ago, but I think David Tennant has been the best Dr so far, but I always thought the new one was better than the last. I'm looking forward to the new series.

Even got a present of a TARDIS from Mrs Whitewater a few years ago, it does look bigger on the inside, but as yet I've not been able to figure out how to get into it.

redeyedtreefrog
05-Jan-10, 01:16
Was the old woman Donna in old age?

I thought it was good, with the cacti becoming my new favourites :D

Fluff
05-Jan-10, 09:11
I think the old woman was the Doctor's mother

Max
05-Jan-10, 13:52
Come on you guys, it was rubbish!!!!
I for one have been too embarrassed to admit that I watched it.
The graphics were naff and a tad insulting but then again they were slightly better than the obviously wobbling sets and the Darlek tracks of the ones that we used to find oh so frightening. :lol:

Dalek not Darlek - lol

Sorry - felt a bit traumatised when I read that!!

Liz
09-Jan-10, 19:12
Well I just watched the last 2 episodes of David Tennant as Dr Who and thought it was absolutely brilliant!!!

Goodbye to the best Dr ever but have high hopes for Matt Smith.