PDA

View Full Version : Fax message

Mil
03-Jan-10, 11:32
I want to send a fax from my computer to a fax machine . Can someone tell me if this is possible and do I need special software.

dx100uk
03-Jan-10, 12:12
try any search engine....

http://www.freefax.com/ff_snd.html

i have used this one before

dx

Bobinovich
03-Jan-10, 13:27
As it's only something I very rarely need to do (IMO fax is dead but some companies still will not accept a PDF'd e-mail attachment - crazy!) I just use the software built into Windows XP.

if it's not installed go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > put a tick in Fax Services and then click OK.

To send a fax you simply print it to the Fax Printer, type in a fax number to send it to and away you go.

Kevin Milkins
03-Jan-10, 15:33
As it's only something I very rarely need to do (IMO fax is dead but some companies still will not accept a PDF'd e-mail attachment - crazy!) I just use the software built into Windows XP.

if it's not installed go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > put a tick in Fax Services and then click OK.

To send a fax you simply print it to the Fax Printer, type in a fax number to send it to and away you go.

Thats interesting, I knew it could be done but never bothered with it.

I still have a phone fax answer machine that, (although outdated) has got me out of a corner on more than one occasion.

Phill
04-Jan-10, 00:15
If you want to use online fax services that you can send attachments etc.
The free trial from efax.com is OK if you may need to send stuff regularly, I went for the 30 day free trial and they each time I tried to cancel they gave me another month. I had 3 months and it didn't cost me a bean and still cancelled anyway!