PDA

View Full Version : Schools go back??

floyed
02-Jan-10, 20:09
I have lost the bit of paper telling me when the bairns go back to school. Can anyone tell me please.

Thank you in advance:D

brandy
02-Jan-10, 20:09
not until the 11th im afraid! still to far away!

floyed
02-Jan-10, 20:36
Thank you Brandy, for some reason i thought it was this week coming.

brandy
02-Jan-10, 21:10
iwish ! the boys are bored out of their minds and are ready to go back! theres only so much playing in the house they can do!

BINBOB
02-Jan-10, 21:36
Can not believe the long hols they get these days...........why???Anyone know??? ;)

alanatkie
02-Jan-10, 23:41
term dates can be found here - http://www.highland.gov.uk/learninghere/schools/schooltermdates/?wbc_purpose=Basic

changilass
02-Jan-10, 23:54
They should have finished earlier and then they could have gone back earlier. Didn't have chance to do much with the wee man afore christmas and he is bored now lol.

South schools go back on monday.

floyed
03-Jan-10, 11:51
term dates can be found here - http://www.highland.gov.uk/learninghere/schools/schooltermdates/?wbc_purpose=Basic

Thanks for that have bookmarked it:D

windness
03-Jan-10, 19:18
iwish ! the boys are bored out of their minds and are ready to go back! theres only so much playing in the house they can do!
Bored already, it is only the 3rd Jan - thats sad.

ShelleyCowie
03-Jan-10, 19:22
i like that the kids have another week off yet. My OH gets his kids different days of the week so we get to enjoy staying up late eating popcorn and watching movies for just a bit longer.

Not too hard to entertain them either. Play doh, baking, painting, playing games...not bothered we are stuck indoors. Also plenty brews til keep us warm :Razz

alanatkie
03-Jan-10, 20:10
Kids are quite enjoying it really they get more time to enjoy all there new things they got for Christmas. I'm not sure i will be so keen by end of this week tho but at the moment it's all good.

ballinleish
03-Jan-10, 21:48
I loved having my children at home ,loved not having a routine and doing things with the kids,visiting friends sledging etc they grow up far to quickly so now enjoying the grandchildren.glad they are not back at school .Enjoy them when you can,they are precious.

brandy
03-Jan-10, 22:57
sorry , nope i have an autistic child that thrives at school. he just started this year and misses it badly.
love having my kids with me.. its why ive finished my work to be home with them.
however, when i have a child at home crying that he misses school, then yes im really really ready for school to start back.
saying that, i am loving the all day jammie days.

Venture
04-Jan-10, 10:49
Perhaps it's just as well they're not back at school with the weather the way it is. At least everyone won't have to walk or drive to school. With such low temperatures and very icy pavements etc. it's better we all stay at home.;)

floyed
04-Jan-10, 10:56
I love having my son at home playing, watching films ect. But i miss the routen that i am in when he is at school, it goes out the window when he is at home i just go into hybernation mode lol:D

Venture
04-Jan-10, 11:02
I love having my son at home playing, watching films ect. But i miss the routen that i am in when he is at school, it goes out the window when he is at home i just go into hybernation mode lol:D

Best mode to be in in this weather. ;)

floyed
04-Jan-10, 11:14
Very true Venture:D

brandy
04-Jan-10, 11:18
fingers crossed we will be able to take the dogs out today! depends on how slippery the paths are!

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-10, 11:40
fingers crossed we will be able to take the dogs out today! depends on how slippery the paths are!

Watching my cats come in today was like Bambi on ice. They were all over the place :confused

So be careful if you do venture out. :D

Bazeye
04-Jan-10, 21:35
Back tomorrow here, which is a bit unfair as I had to go back to work today.:(

Venture
08-Jan-10, 10:31
http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1551885

It seems HRC are pulling out all the stops to ensure that kids will be able to return to schools on Monday.;)

Stefan
08-Jan-10, 11:28
sorry , nope i have an autistic child that thrives at school. he just started this year and misses it badly.
love having my kids with me.. its why ive finished my work to be home with them.
however, when i have a child at home crying that he misses school, then yes im really really ready for school to start back.
saying that, i am loving the all day jammie days.

Same here,
autistic children really don't like being off school, do they...