PDA

View Full Version : Who in Caithness should have the mbe/obe

Fran
02-Jan-10, 02:51
after reading the new years honours list,I was thinking of all the Caithness people I felt should hAVE been given an MBE/OBE. Does anyone send off for the form and fill it in. I know of a few people who should receive an award.

joxville
02-Jan-10, 03:07
I don't think you're allowed to nominate yourself. ;)

Metalattakk
02-Jan-10, 03:29
I don't think you're allowed to nominate yourself. ;)
I'm not sure you're allowed to have two?

Amy-Winehouse
02-Jan-10, 09:42
Andrew Bremner skipper of the Boy Andrew or his father Norrie for services to the fishing industry- Im know they worked hard their whole lives to get where they are , a wee bit recognition for their efforts

peter macdonald
02-Jan-10, 10:47
Aye Amy thats the kind of folk that should get awards.. Norman has helped a lot of fishermen from all over Scotland and from Europe and continues to do so. He has been almost 70 years directly involved in the industry.

There is also a wee woman in the Salvation Army in Wick who does a terrific amount of good around the town as she has done for many years in a very quiet way who deserves recognition, although she would be the last to seek it.
PM

northener
02-Jan-10, 10:49
OBE with Smiley badge, Bar and Scab for Bill Fernie for providing an online opportunity for all the numpties in Caithness to make a complete arse of theirselves in public..:Razz

Stig
02-Jan-10, 10:52
Recognition should go to Doupy Dan who kept Thurso free of fag ends for years.

bekisman
02-Jan-10, 10:57
If you really would like to nominate someone, this can be done here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Honoursawardsandmedals/TheUKHonourssystem/index.htm (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Honoursawardsandmedals/TheUKHonourssystem/index.htm)

Phill
02-Jan-10, 11:08
Does anyone send off for the form and fill it in.

Brown envelope, pound notes (lots of large denomination ones) and hey presto the Knighthoods in the post.

Kirdon
02-Jan-10, 11:55
OBE with Smiley badge, Bar and Scab for Bill Fernie for providing an online opportunity for all the numpties in Caithness to make a complete arse of theirselves in public..:Razz

Yourself included in this statement I hope?.

northener
02-Jan-10, 12:16
Yourself included in this statement I hope?.

Absolutely, old chap. I'll do anything for a medal......

BINBOB
02-Jan-10, 13:31
Brown envelope, pound notes (lots of large denomination ones) and hey presto the Knighthoods in the post.

Thanx for the tip/s....off to do it now!!!!;)

joxville
02-Jan-10, 13:41
Douglas Johnston for providing the best pies and bridies in Scotland. :)

weeksider
02-Jan-10, 15:15
EX policeman Charlie Simpson for his years of involvement in the Highland Games Circuit as competitor , Judge ,organiser and Cheiftains of many games in the North ,esp the MEY GAMES
A Well Known Cheery Person

horseman
02-Jan-10, 18:21

No idea-but you made me burst out laughing, an the wife wanted to know why!
Said she would not understand! Hope you will understand:lol:

bonami
02-Jan-10, 22:07
Always have a glance at the papers every year to see if maybe Norrie was lucky . But never comes up . I would say he has earned it for services to the fishing industry.

2little2late
03-Jan-10, 00:28
Everyone in Caithness who have managed so well in these wintry conditions due to lack of gritting by the Highland Council

Mr P Cannop
03-Jan-10, 00:36
John Thurso

Blarney
03-Jan-10, 01:13
John Thurso

Why!!??!

Although he does a fairly good job as an MP I would question whether he needed more privileges than his current position already affords him. There are plenty of ordinary folk who do a power of good in the community without any payment or recognition and it is them who deserve an official pat on the back.

buggyracer
03-Jan-10, 01:33
Andrew Bremner skipper of the Boy Andrew or his father Norrie for services to the fishing industry- Im know they worked hard their whole lives to get where they are , a wee bit recognition for their efforts

agreed, the top seine net fisherman in the uk for the last 20 odd years and his father , Norrie before him.!!

golach
03-Jan-10, 01:42
I would nominate Billy Farquhar, the former Gold Medal winning Coxn of the Thurso Lifeboat, for all the rescues he and his crew took part in

XxRUGBYMADxX
03-Jan-10, 17:54
i'll 2nd that:D:D

Thumper
03-Jan-10, 19:36
You can nominate anyone who you think deserves one,it takes up to eighteen months for it to go through though!Go on the goverment website and it tells you how to go about it,so why not nominate a deserving caithnessian!x

zarapopet
04-Jan-10, 13:39
i think Gaye Gun should get the mbe due to all the fundraising she has done for the childrens hospice and also the money raised for deprived children in forgone countries she goes out there once a year provides clothes and toys ect helps build shower and toilet blocks and schools for these deprived children. its a pity that some of our children couldnt go out there and see what they have to live in compared to what ours do it may make them think how much better of they are and not just to expect these large gifts ie computors , wii's , ect for xmas . they could earn pocket money to pay for such luxuarys instead we are a nation getting ourselves in more debt due to the expectations of our children.
oh befor anyone goes on about spelling i'm dislexxic and spell way sounds.

so come on caithness lets get our pens and parper out and
raw up a list of worthy people in our county who should have a tittle

Fran
04-Sep-10, 22:54
Its getting near the time...has anyone nominated a local person for the MBE or OBE?

sids
05-Sep-10, 08:26
i think Gaye Gun should get the mbe due to all the fundraising she has done for the childrens hospice and also the money raised for deprived children in forgone countries she goes out there once a year provides clothes and toys ect helps build shower and toilet blocks and schools for these deprived children. its a pity that some of our children couldnt go out there and see what they have to live in compared to what ours do it may make them think how much better of they are and not just to expect these large gifts ie computors , wii's , ect for xmas . they could earn pocket money to pay for such luxuarys instead we are a nation getting ourselves in more debt due to the expectations of our children.
oh befor anyone goes on about spelling i'm dislexxic and spell way sounds.

so come on caithness lets get our pens and parper out and
raw up a list of worthy people in our county who should have a tittle

You're not wrong, but my parper isn't coming out today.

Thursolass
06-Sep-10, 06:05
My mam for making the pie shells and doughnuts in Johnston's for more than 20 years! She still volunteers in the cancer shop as well!

cherokee
06-Sep-10, 15:27
I would love to nominate a fantastic woman who hails from Thurso.... she has turned around my Dad's life, and inadvertantly; mine !!!!

How would I go about recommending her for a medal? ;)