PDA

View Full Version : Prescriptions/Riverbank

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-10, 20:23
Just wondering if people know when Riverbank is open again, my OH really needs a prescription that i forgot to order before the festive period. He is having to ration his prescription which he shudnt b doing.

Or is there any other way i can get the prescription? :confused

jings00
01-Jan-10, 20:32
In an emergency, you may be able to get your medicine from a pharmacist. You must have been prescribed the medicine before. Other conditions also apply to this service. For example, the pharmacist:

•will usually need to see you face-to-face,
•must agree that you need the medicine immediately, and
•can supply your medicine for up to 30 days.
Supplying medicine in an emergency is a private service, not funded by the NHS, and pharmacists are entitled to charge for it. The charge will vary, depending on the medicine you need and the policy of the pharmacist.
this is taken from: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1011.aspx?CategoryID=73&SubCategoryID=105
I hope it helps......

The macs
01-Jan-10, 20:43
All surgeries are open again on Tuesday. Contact NHS24 if you need medication as there is always an on call pharmacist available in emergencies.

marlyn
01-Jan-10, 20:45
It would be worth giving NHS 24 a ring - I had to do this when I went on holiday and forgot my prescription meds, I was able to go to a pharmacy close by to where I was staying and collect it - they inform your practice that they have given you more meds, suppose just so that they are kept informed.

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-10, 23:05
Thanks everyone. Will get something sorted for him :Razz

poppett
01-Jan-10, 23:48
Have had emergency medication via NHS24 from pharmacy whilst away, but also from Dunbar Hospital through NHS24 on a Bank holiday weekend when pharmacies were closed. They were even delivered in a taxi as my OH was too ill to be left whilst I collected them.

I always have calendar marked to re-order the week before the repeat medications are required just so we never run out.

If you get prescriptions regularly from the same Chemist and he can see on the computer they are due/overdue they may dispense them early and sort out the script after as pharmacists can now write scripts themselves.