PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritans

Liz
01-Jan-10, 19:51
In light of Leanne's post re the sickening attack on her other half I thought it would be good to celebrate the good that people do like Colin and Andrew who have already been mentioned for their kindess to others.

So let's hear from those of you who have stories of people who have done good deeds.

I would like to start it off by thanking our very own Kevin Milkins and his wife Dawn.
They are a couple who are the salt of the earth and have helped me on a few occasions this year.

So thanks Kevin and Dawn!:D

Leanne
01-Jan-10, 19:54
I'll give Andrew a post to himself. Thankyou Andrew :)

upolian
01-Jan-10, 19:56
id like to thank the idiots who laughed when i slipped on my rear end! thanks for nothing:mad:

Leanne
01-Jan-10, 20:03
I'd also like to thank the organisers of the street party in Wick and the Christmas lights :) And the kind people who donated their time and stuff to put the lovely lights up round the trees in the hospital :)

Angela
01-Jan-10, 20:07
Thank you to the young man -a total stranger - who helped me as I was struggling to negotiate crossing an icy road with several bags of food shopping the other day.

He offered me his arm and helped carry my bags all the way to my front door (out of his way) and when I thanked him, said it was "no bother!" :)

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-10, 20:20
I would like to thank my mum. This christmas and new year has been the best i have ever had. She put on the best dinners, always asked us back the next day for more. Spoilt the kids rotten. Also ran at our feet, even when we offered to help she refused it and said to go spend time with our kids. :)

My mum is awsome and i love her loads! Thanks mum :Razz

Fran
02-Jan-10, 02:45
In light of Leanne's post re the sickening attack on her other half I thought it would be good to celebrate the good that people do like Colin and Andrew who have already been mentioned for their kindess to others.

So let's hear from those of you who have stories of people who have done good deeds.

I would like to start it off by thanking our very own Kevin Milkins and his wife Dawn.
They are a couple who are the salt of the earth and have helped me on a few occasions this year.

So thanks Kevin and Dawn!:D
I agree with Liz, they have helped me a lot and i will always be grateful, they are a wonderful couple.

Fran
02-Jan-10, 02:46
I would like to mention Patricia in wick who looks after peoples dogs, takes in stray cats and cares for them and takes in abandoned dogs till homes are found for them. She spends so much on all her pets and has so much love to give to each and every one of them. Dont know where these lovely animals would be without her.

BRIE
02-Jan-10, 13:32
I would like to say how proud i am of my son who spent alot of his Hogmanay in the hospital making sure one of his friends was ok after being found unconcious on the street, the poor lad was out with another group of his friends who just left him!My son just happened to walk past as the ambulance was there & realised it was someone he knew! also a big thank you to the man who but the lad in the recovery position & rang the ambulance.

BINBOB
02-Jan-10, 13:38
I always find that the best good samaritans are those who seek no glory.......anywhere.Hats off to them everywhere.:D

young_fishin_neep
02-Jan-10, 15:05
id like to thank the idiots who laughed when i slipped on my rear end! thanks for nothing:mad:

wish i had seen :Razz:lol:

x

upolian
02-Jan-10, 15:08
wish i had seen :Razz:lol:

x

i bet:P

the back pains are not funny though:(

horseman
02-Jan-10, 18:31
We will not know who should be up for a shiny medal,as we are not all local,obviously of course.But good strength to your arm for putting the ?:)

Liz
02-Jan-10, 19:35
We will not know who should be up for a shiny medal,as we are not all local,obviously of course.But good strength to your arm for putting the ?:)

No names needed to given and doesn't need to be local.I just wanted stories which show there are many good people out there as it is usually the bad ones we hear of.

So lets hear of random acts of kindess etc.:D

Ricco
03-Jan-10, 11:24
Christmas Eve, while I was waiting for my wife to travel 7 miles from work (took 6 hours!), I joined 4 lads who had walked 1 mile up the road in pushing cars that had got stuck. Nice to know that not ALL young lads are thugs. In fact, I think that it is purely the ease of availability of booze that causes most of our problems. We should be getting the plethora of these dens of alcholinity closed down.

golach
03-Jan-10, 11:31
In fact, I think that it is purely the ease of availability of booze that causes most of our problems. We should be getting the plethora of these dens of alcholinity closed down.

I totally agree Ricco, in our young days the availability to buy alcohol was restricted, the odd Off License, or a pub for a carry out. Now here in Edinburgh there are shops with a License on every corner.
I think the Canadian method of buy liquor is good, you can only buy alcohol in prescribed outlets, and ID is needed at all times I believe. No doubt our Canuck Orgers will tell me if I am wrong.

Liz
03-Jan-10, 14:35
Nice to know that not ALL young lads are thugs. In fact, I think that it is purely the ease of availability of booze that causes most of our problems. We should be getting the plethora of these dens of alcholinity closed down.

I totally agree Ricco, in our young days the availability to buy alcohol was restricted, the odd Off License, or a pub for a carry out. Now here in Edinburgh there are shops with a License on every corner.
I think the Canadian method of buy liquor is good, you can only buy alcohol in prescribed outlets, and ID is needed at all times I believe. No doubt our Canuck Orgers will tell me if I am wrong.

Definitely agree with you both but sadly it is not just alcohol we have to worry about nowadays but drugs and often a combination of both!:(

Ricco
03-Jan-10, 16:42
Two young lasses got off the train and there was a young lad waiting to pelt them with snowballs. They came and took shelter behind the five of us, so he simply stood there trying to get a brain cell to fire. Then I saw a car stuck on his side of the road and suggested that he go and give them a hand. Couldn't make the synapse connection and wandered off home. :lol: