PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cat in Hill of Forss Area

Katy
31-Dec-09, 23:04
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if you can help. Our lovely cat has been missing for 2 nights, he is a tortleshell tom cat, under a year old but quite a big boy. Very friendly.

We live at Hill of Forss outside Thurso, I would be so grateful if everyone in the area and outskirts and even Thurso to check there sheds etc to see if they can find our lovely boy.

He is missed dearly by us and our 2 wee girls. He usually goes out at night and does some hunting then always back first thing in the morning for his breakfast and his cosy bed but been no sign of him the last 2 mornings.

I have phoned the vets but no sign there (which is hopefully a good thing!) did leave messages with Cats Protection and Balmore but never heard back from them but i'm sure they will be on hols now and just in doing the animals.

If anyone has seen him or thinks it was him please do get in touch via here or 01847 896581, many thank in advance.

Katy x

purplelady
01-Jan-10, 01:43
any news on your cat katy do not give up hope i had one missing once f0r 6 week was convinced she had been killed or something but she just turned up one day a little thinner but fine non the less x

Katy
01-Jan-10, 10:45
No sign yet :(

Was hoping to wake up this morning to a new year and he be there.

That is assuring after hearing that Purplelady, I just wish I knew where he was and if he was ok.

Katy xxx

Allsorts
01-Jan-10, 11:16
Hope he comes home soon, one of ours went missing for a week or so and came back as if she had just been out for a wee while. Hugsxx

highlander
01-Jan-10, 11:53
Sent you a PM katy

Katy
01-Jan-10, 13:30
We went around some of the neighbours further up the road and one person thinks they may have seen him yesterday outside there house....makes me feel slightly better in knowing that he is ok.

Fingers crossed he comes home soon for some food and his cosy bed for lots of sleep after his adventure!

Kxx

Liz
01-Jan-10, 13:40
Glad there has been a spotting Katy and hope this puts your mind to rest.

Like Allsorts I had a cat who went missing for a week and then came back at 3am one morning as if he had never been away and then had the cheek to want back out again!:lol:

skinnydog
01-Jan-10, 14:54
I will have a look out for him when I am out with the dog - he can spot a cat at 200 yards!! Certainly have not seen him over the last couple of days, sorry. Hope he turns up safe.

Katy
01-Jan-10, 15:10
I will have a look out for him when I am out with the dog - he can spot a cat at 200 yards!! Certainly have not seen him over the last couple of days, sorry. Hope he turns up safe.

Thanks Skinnydog, i'll keep my fingers crossed you spot him. Been a few possible spottings of him up the road - but might not even be him but i'm thinking positive and he'll turn up! Fingers crossed!
Kxxx

BINBOB
01-Jan-10, 16:12
Alll fingers,paws and fins crossed here.;)

horsegirl
02-Jan-10, 18:28
Any luck yet Katy. Poor thing will b cold on a nite like this. HE must be somewhere warm delighted with himsel not realising you are worried bout him. My cat never came in for two days but he was at the door first thing this morning so dont give up hope.

Katy
02-Jan-10, 18:49
No luck yet :( I am hoping he is somewhere cosy warm none the wiser. Just wondering with all this snow if he has lost his way home or are cats way to cleaver for that?! I'm sure someone once told me cats work on smell to keep there bearings but maybe that is all wrong......

Kx

Liz
02-Jan-10, 19:44
It could just be that with the awful snow and ice he has found somewhere to shelter until he can get back home to you.

Cats are amazing animals Katy so don't give up hope of him coming home.

Katy
02-Jan-10, 19:52
Thanks Liz, I am certainly not giving up hope and will keep shouting just in case he is near by and hears us shouting on him.

So worried with this cold weather and him being outside :(

Katy xx

Liz
02-Jan-10, 19:58
I am sure he won't be outside Katy.

Cats are brilliant at finding a cosy spot.:D

We have quite a few stray cats who come every night to be fed and even on days of rain they have turned up bone dry!:lol:

I totally understand how worried you must be as it has happened to me on quite a few occasions.

Did anything out of the ordinary happen before he left? Such as people coming to the house, noise etc?

The reason I ask is one of my cats went missing when I took in some orphaned kittens to look after for a week. He obviously didn't like this and disappeared only to turn up in the early hours of the morning on the very day they went home!lol

Katy
02-Jan-10, 20:02
Fingers crossed he is somewhere nice and cosy then and comes home for food and his cosy bed soon.

Nothing unusual no just the usual kids running around but he is well used to that :L He hadn't been out for a few days cause the weather so maybe he is just making up for those nights he didn't get out!!

Katy xx

Liz
02-Jan-10, 20:06
Yes he certainly could be making up for his confinement!lol

Hope with all my heart for good news soon. xxx

Katy
02-Jan-10, 20:35
Thanks Liz, really appriecate your kind words and I really hope I can share good news with you all soon.

Kxxx

Allsorts
02-Jan-10, 21:00
I am sure your wee kitty is cosy somewhere under a shed or something all nice and warm. Cats are amazing creatures for looking after themselves. Hopefully he will be home soon as if nothing has happened.

Katy
02-Jan-10, 21:44
I am sooooooooooo glad to say he's back!!!! I don't think he knew what hit him when my hubby came in and I just grabbed him and gave him the biggest hug EVER!!! I really did get the shock of my life when he came in with him in my arms!

Maybe he doesn't like the christmas fuss Liz....as that is all the decs down and tree out and he is back :/ lol.

Thank you all for all your help I am so grateful for everyone's help and kind words.

Katy xx

Allsorts
02-Jan-10, 21:55
That is fab news and so pleased he is home safe and sound, no doubt wondering what all the fuss is about. Enjoy having him home xx

Katy
02-Jan-10, 21:58
Thanks Allsorts, he's not getting out over the door until he's been to the vets.....I won't be in his good books after that tho :( but might stop him from feeling the urge to wander....don't think I have ever felt this relieved lol

Kxx

Allsorts
02-Jan-10, 22:23
I know its an amazing feeling when they come home with that look of what's the problem mum xx

highlander
02-Jan-10, 22:30
Katy that is brilliant news im so pleased hes FINALLY come home, hecks that has now made my night, just wish they could talk to tell of their travels lol guess its litter tray for next few days lol

Katy
02-Jan-10, 22:38
I am so relived too Highlander, even having a dram to celebrate his arrival back home! Thanks for all your help too.

He has a smell of oil or something so not sure if he has found a old car/van etc, nothing on his coat just a wiff of him!! Big hugs from us all and lots of purring from him lol.

kxxx

teenybash
03-Jan-10, 00:00
Been watching and hoping the wanderer would return to you........so happy for you....................:)

Bobbin
03-Jan-10, 00:10
Yay, brilliant news. I dont know what I'd do if one of mine went missing. Glad he's back.

Liz
03-Jan-10, 00:15
Yay that's the news I've been waiting for! Whoop whoop!:lol:

Sounds like he may have been shut in a garage or maybe sheltering under a car.

Aye sounds like he might not like Christmas Katy!lol

Good idea to get him 'done' though.

So chuffed for you Katy. xxx

purplelady
03-Jan-10, 00:26
am so pleased katy told you not to give up hope did'nt i is he ok after his little adventure xxxxx

Katy
03-Jan-10, 11:40
Thanks all for your lovely messages.

Yeah he is fine just rather hungry!! and loving all the attention now he's back! Think he may have actually missed us too ha ha!

We were trying to think if there was a old car or that lying around here that he may have been taking shelter in, little monkey he is!

Katy xx

BINBOB
03-Jan-10, 11:42
HAPPY,HAPPY to hear he is home!!!:D

horsegirl
03-Jan-10, 23:08
Fantastic news Katy. They are worse than kids, miss behave, give you stress and go off for hours at a time and you get no thanks for it, Then when they come home they expect food and cuddles.

Would not be without them though:lol: lol

Lavenderblue2
04-Jan-10, 16:34
I've only just seen this post Katy, we are very pleased to hear that you have your puss back safely.
After A had been to our house looking for him, we opened the garage door and left it open for half a day, just in case he was in there and too timid to come out when we were around. We don't have any oily machinery in our garage, there is so much junk there's little room for even a mouse!! :lol: