PDA

View Full Version : Wick hogmany / Street Party Still On / Cam / Thanks

Leanne
31-Dec-09, 17:16
I believe there is a street party tonight - does anyone have any more information? I can't find anything in What's On...

dirdyweeker
31-Dec-09, 17:25
It is in todays Groat Leanne

Leanne
31-Dec-09, 17:40
It is in todays Groat Leanne

Not left the house yet due to the cold :( Was hoping to get info on the net ;)

celtic88chick
31-Dec-09, 18:47
There are a few rumours going about just now that the wick street party has been cancelled, can anyone tell me if it has been cancelled or it is just rumours.

Ashlie
31-Dec-09, 19:00
Hi everyone

Just to let you all know that Wick Street Party is still going ahead, my Mum is on the committee and assures me everything is going as planned

Ashlie

celtic88chick
31-Dec-09, 19:02
Thank you :)

Kevin Milkins
31-Dec-09, 19:04
What does it take to make a party?

A load of people in a good mood, a few drinks, and a special occasion, so unless the first of January has been cancelled, I would suspect there will be loads of partying and good will about tonight.:Razz

Happy new year everyone.:D

Mr P Cannop
31-Dec-09, 19:10
will there be a live web cam ??

cat
31-Dec-09, 19:11
hi.sounds like its starting at 10.30 with the chicken pickers(young band playing country music mostly)very good,my son plays in it so i would say that!think the harvey boys are on(be some quite lively pipe playing)and then the chicken pickers are on again after the bells.always great atmosphere in wick,wrap up warm and BYOB!!in plastic bottles of course:D

Caithness Lass
31-Dec-09, 19:11
Good point Kevin Milkins!

Happy New Year everyone on the Org!:)

nm1988
31-Dec-09, 19:26
There will be a webcam this year which refreshes every few seconds, there will also be a DVD on sale afterwards.

Mr P Cannop
31-Dec-09, 19:36
what time does this all start ??

mrjolly
31-Dec-09, 19:58
wet feet standing in the freezin cold, foke slevering drunk wishing u a happy new year that dont speak to u the rest of the year. paying to make yourself ill for the next few days and all captured on webcam. have a good new year:eek:

Liz
31-Dec-09, 20:19
wet feet standing in the freezin cold, foke slevering drunk wishing u a happy new year that dont speak to u the rest of the year. paying to make yourself ill for the next few days and all captured on webcam. have a good new year:eek:

Certainly living up to your username there!lol

Are you related the Rev I M?:lol:

macbreeza
31-Dec-09, 20:23
I will be going to the street party - it's the first time in the last 5 years i have been home in Wick for hogmany and i am really looking forward to it. People will be drunk but i don't think many will be slevering drunk. I have been to the street party in the past and everyone was well behaved and merry just the way they should be. I will probably wish people i don't know happy new year that's what it's all about. I wished people I didn't know a merry christmas in the same way.

I love the fact a little toon like Wick has a street party its fab :D just like it's galas.

Kevin Milkins
31-Dec-09, 20:34
I will be going to the street party - it's the first time in the last 5 years i have been home in Wick for hogmany and i am really looking forward to it. People will be drunk but i don't think many will be slevering drunk. I have been to the street party in the past and everyone was well behaved and merry just the way they should be. I will probably wish people i don't know happy new year that's what it's all about. I wished people I didn't know a merry christmas in the same way.

I love the fact a little toon like Wick has a street party its fab :D just like it's galas.

That's the cheery sort of optimism that I like to hear, well done macbreeza, I will look forward to shaking your hand in the square tonight .:Razz (particularly if you have a few Bacardi breezers under your coat for when the bar shuts):lol:

octane
31-Dec-09, 20:47
Mods plz sticky this one as the others have members into believing wick party's cancelled.

Thats me just home from setting up, the band is there sorting there gear out and it will be kicking off 10.30 as its always been planned.

Music will probally be bouncing before hand so everyone come down and enjoy the party. Weather is superb for time of year :lol:

Tinkerbell09
31-Dec-09, 21:56
I am glad the street party is on! Been looking forward to this for a while now! So, due to me not being here till' tomorrow at some point, All the best for 2010!! :)

Bill Fernie
31-Dec-09, 21:58
There will be a webcam this year which refreshes every few seconds, there will also be a DVD on sale afterwards.

No one has been in touch this year re a web cam link. If anyone kow the link let me know.

shazzap
31-Dec-09, 22:33
What do we go on to watch the Wick webcam please.

Thank you in anticipation of answers.:)

attidude9464
31-Dec-09, 22:41
Try www.blueivy.co.uk/newyear/

Bill Fernie
31-Dec-09, 22:42
Webcam link tracked - same as last year - http://www.blueivy.co.uk/newyear/

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-10, 00:21
Cant see a bloomin thing because o that big blue light on it :(

shazzap
01-Jan-10, 00:25
Cant see a bloomin thing because o that big blue light on it :(

I thought the same Shelly, but is the light from the tree?

shazzap
01-Jan-10, 00:30
Thats better thank you.

cat
01-Jan-10, 13:12
another great street party! thanks to all who organised and give their time to make it such a success.its a great family night out.even the rain didnt stop the wickers coming out to fill the market square to take in the bells:D

achingale
01-Jan-10, 14:24
It was a great night. Thanks to everyone involved in organising it.

Mr P Cannop
01-Jan-10, 14:28
was the pipe band there ??

Kirdon
02-Jan-10, 11:28
was the pipe band there ??

No, but the Harvey brothers were great.

Mr P Cannop
02-Jan-10, 13:28
did any one get any video ??

katarina
02-Jan-10, 13:36
are there any more photos? I only get the one and it doesn't refresh at all.

Camra
02-Jan-10, 14:50
Big thanks to all involved for keeping the event running in demanding weather conditions, especially the guys who came to reset the electrics ( which plagued us all night ) and Alec Martin for helping out with equipment truck / stage before and after the party. It made life that bit easier. Lots of unsung heroes behind the scenes too. It wouldnt happen at all without the HAPPY committee & Stevens Transport support. You all deserve a large pat on the back.

katarina
04-Jan-10, 17:10
I'm still only getting the one picture. any one else have this problem?

Bobinovich
04-Jan-10, 18:54
LOL it was live on the night - what you're seeing on that link now is probably the last picture which was broadcast at just before 2am.

If anyone recorded video of the event then I'm sure Bill or Niall can upload it if you want to get hold of them.