PDA

View Full Version : my hot waters not!

dragonfly
31-Dec-09, 15:51
is anyone else having problems with getting their water hot while the temperatures are so low?

I usually have piping hot water from my central heating which is only on for a couple of hours a day for water but just now its barely lukewarm

So is it just me or has anyone else found their hot waters not so hot???

margaret
31-Dec-09, 16:40
If you have a combi boiler, run the tap slower as the boiler will be working a lot harder.Thats what i have to do for my bath.

BINBOB
31-Dec-09, 19:56
is anyone else having problems with getting their water hot while the temperatures are so low?

I usually have piping hot water from my central heating which is only on for a couple of hours a day for water but just now its barely lukewarm

So is it just me or has anyone else found their hot waters not so hot???

Yes....I have found that too............

poppett
31-Dec-09, 20:16
During the winter I turn the thermostat on top of the hot water tank to 70 degrees and two hours in the morning covers hot water for my bath two or three loads of washing and whatever water is run off at the sinks during the day. In the summer a 60 degree setting does the same thing.

This wouldn`t be safe to do in a house with young children or vulnerable adults who do not understand how hot water can be, but for a house of sensible adults it would be worth a try.

The water is heated by gas back boiler.