PDA

View Full Version : Bin Collection - Thursday?

Kiwi
31-Dec-09, 13:25
Does anybody know if the bin lorries are operating as usual today? According to the council website they are, but ours hasn't been emptied - have tried phoning but the office is closed until Monday.

skinnydog
31-Dec-09, 13:28
should be as normal my bin was collocted this morning.

Kiwi
31-Dec-09, 13:31
Oh well, maybe they are just late - or maybe they came really, really early, but I think I would have heard them.

Loafer
31-Dec-09, 14:05
Aye, mine was picked up and both bins left about 10 feet away from where I carefully set them, blocking a public footpath....as per usual.

The Loafer

weeksider
31-Dec-09, 14:45
Bin men have a hard job in snow /ice condition just now with pulling the bins out on frost/snow rds/paths, going down side streets where no gritted ,lorries somtimes get stuck out in country roads in the snow/ice for ages ,bin men falling on ice putting bins back, people complain about no bins lifted in there areas in towns /villages it happens as it is to dangerous to get lorry down street and turned in icy carparks

To ALL BIN MEN IN CAITHNESS HAPPY NEW YEAR [lol]

sam
31-Dec-09, 14:52
I totally agree with you 100% weeksider, Their job is hard enough in this weather, as is the postmen / women's jobs, yet there will always be those who complain from the warmth of their house that they are not happy about something, I would like to see them out in this weather trying to do the jobs [disgust]

TO ALL THE BIN MEN & POSTAL WORKERS YOU DO A GREAT JOB
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL:D

Loafer
31-Dec-09, 14:56
Calm doon for goads sake.....All I ask is that the bin men refrain from blocking a busy path that is used by lot's of families with prams meaning they have to go on to slippy grass or a busy road. To move the bins a few feet wouldn't harm them surely?

And I was not in the comfort of my own home, I personally started work OUTSIDE in the cold at 6am this morning ;-)

The Loafer

sam
31-Dec-09, 15:17
Actually I have nothing to calm down about lol, I am totally calm, i just pointed out that some folk are not happy unless they are complaining about something, If my memory serves me rightly it wasn't so long ago that you were complaining about the council grass cutters leaving a mess on your path, so as i said some folk are never happy lol ;):lol:

Loafer
31-Dec-09, 16:31
Some memory Sam, some memory.....

The Loafer