PDA

View Full Version : Refuse Collections

wickscorrie
29-Dec-09, 23:28
Hi there seems to be some confusion with the Refuse collection dates.Some people are thinking the days are changing this week.The only change this week is Friday 1st Jan which goes to next monday 4th Jan.Next week your collection day will be one day after your normal collection day.

purplelady
30-Dec-09, 00:18
hehehehe i missed my bin day thought it was late this week ho well will have to wait till next week now xxxxx

balto
30-Dec-09, 00:20
hehehehe i missed my bin day thought it was late this week ho well will have to wait till next week now xxxxx
good job i read this as i thought it was a day late this week lol, bin wouldnt have been out unto tomorrow night.

Boozeburglar
30-Dec-09, 00:21
I am not going to refuse collections, no matter when they turn up.

rosie
06-Jan-10, 13:14
I take it you mean the normal rubbish bins are emptied a day later than normal this week? Is there any change to the recycling bin uplifts, or are they still on the 'normal' days? Thanks

johnlc
06-Jan-10, 17:16
mines usually gets picked up on wed morning but this week its 2moro instead then back to normal week after

Cattach
06-Jan-10, 17:51
Hi there seems to be some confusion with the Refuse collection dates.Some people are thinking the days are changing this week.The only change this week is Friday 1st Jan which goes to next monday 4th Jan.Next week your collection day will be one day after your normal collection day.

Not true. Monday collection in Thurso is on Tuesday!

Billy Boy
06-Jan-10, 18:12
Not true. Monday collection in Thurso is on Tuesday!

I think you need to read wickscorrie's post again!

katarina
07-Jan-10, 20:00
this is the second week my bin has not been lifted at all. what's going on?

Stack Rock
07-Jan-10, 20:31
this is the second week my bin has not been lifted at all. what's going on?

I presume its weather related - the refuse lorry wont go down slippery roads or streets. If it has an accident then its off the road and no-one gets their bins collected

Phill
07-Jan-10, 23:24
I presume its weather related - the refuse lorry wont go down slippery roads or streets. If it has an accident then its off the road and no-one gets their bins collected

We've bin' wivout a refuse collection since 18th December, but the recycling peeps turned up.

Postman Pat has made it everyday! Gawd bless 'em.

NLP
07-Jan-10, 23:59
Put ours out on monday they didn't come until tuesday, yet it stated in the JOG it would be monday.

sistevens
08-Jan-10, 00:17
It doesnt matter even if you know what day your bin is meant to be collected as they still dont come and collect them!!! Our bin was meant to be collected on monday but of course it wasnt collected including our recyling bin guessing its due to the terrible weather on our roads oooohhh no that cant be it as the road was clear !!! The postman and other delivery vans manage it down the road. We live on a council road which hasnt been gritted once since the bad weather started so they cant use the road being bad as the excuse as the gritter should have been down it !!!! What do we pay our council tax for as we have no street lights the gritter doesnt do our road and now our bins dont get collected its a JOKE !!! [evil][evil][evil]

Foxy
08-Jan-10, 01:23
Our bin hadn't been lifted since the 15th December, but i'm delighted to say this morning first to arrive was the recycling lorry a day late followed 15 mins by the dustbin lorry. :) I live on a road that has no street lights and dosen't often see a gritter, what did folk do before there was a bin lorry? I think folk are a bit over the top about these things nowadays, the police say don't travel if you don't have to so why would the bin men risk there lives for a bunch of folk that sit behind there computer and whinge!!!!

Kevin Milkins
08-Jan-10, 01:38
Our bin was not collected today either,(mind you, there was not much in it, as we burned most of it all to keep warm:lol:).

I may be wrong, but I would think the council only have enough lorry drivers and staff to drive a certain amount of vehicles. If they are out clearing and gritting the roads they can't be collecting rubbish at the same time.:confused

Give the boys a break, I'm sure they are doing the best they can under very testing circumstances.