PDA

View Full Version : Ministers may take control of Hospital Charity Cash !

Alice in Blunderland
29-Dec-09, 21:09
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6969955.ece?&EMC-Bltn=QKYGW1F

Would you be willing to donate to hospital charities if you thought the Government was going to be having a say about it ?

The change in the way these donations are set out in hospital accounts is due to come into place this April.

Is this a way of cutting money from hospitals who receive large charitable donations? :(

Kevin Milkins
29-Dec-09, 21:14
I think I would rather give Garry Glitter a baby sitting licence.:eek:

tonkatojo
29-Dec-09, 21:15
Probably Alice, what better time to muscle in with the pretence of budget cuts from Westminster.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Dec-09, 21:37
Probably Alice, what better time to muscle in with the pretence of budget cuts from Westminster.

Thieving gits honestly........... they want money, money, money and will take, take, take

Imagine some poor old dear dies and leaves all their cash to the local hospital for taking good care of them. In come the Government pen pushers with their calculators ...........oh goody thats x amount less for that hospital next year. [disgust]

Hope some of them who voted for this fall and nearly drown in their own moat and are yanked into a good ol NHS hospital for some nice doctor to have his revenge on them. :lol:

pat
29-Dec-09, 22:03
Scotlands NHS money is Scotlands and decisions are made by our MSPs - so we will have to watch this one. Is Nicola Sturgeon still the Health MSP?

Let us hope our lot of MSPs do not follow suit - Scotlands NHS do not have to go on what happens in England.

We had free personal care and free prescriptions long before England - let them keep their tight fisted, money grabbing ideas to themselves.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Dec-09, 22:06
Scotlands NHS money is Scotlands and decisions are made by our MSPs - so we will have to watch this one. Is Nicola Sturgeon still the Health MSP?

Let us hope our lot of MSPs do not follow suit - Scotlands NHS do not have to go on what happens in England.

We had free personal care and free prescriptions long before England - let them keep their tight fisted, money grabbing ideas to themselves.

The money for Scotland's hospitals isn't going far enough and the cuts are only starting. This may give them ideas. :eek:

Stavro
30-Dec-09, 00:50
I think I would rather give Garry Glitter a baby sitting licence.:eek:

[lol] Putting a fox in charge of the hen-house! [lol]

cuddlepop
30-Dec-09, 17:24
Isnt that harking back to the days when the"rich" gave to the hospital in charitable donations just so the "poor" could be treated.:confused

Next they'll be putting in lottery applications for kidney machines.....:mad:

Somebody somewhere has to stop this madness.