PDA

View Full Version : Can't read my replies on Private Messages ?

cherokee
29-Dec-09, 20:04
How do I read any private messages that I've sent?

I've tried the obvious, on "read" in my Private Message, but it just comes up as "0 messages sent" (I know how to send a Private Message, and have sent quite a few since I've joined - have had replies back from same )!!

Anyone help me here, please ?

Bobinovich
29-Dec-09, 22:12
In the User CP go to Edit Options then, at the bottom of the Messaging & Notification section there's an option to 'Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default' - this should be ticked if you want to keep a copy of them.

dx100uk
30-Dec-09, 00:16
or
user cp
list messages
edit folders
click on sent items
or
under jump folders
down arrow
select sent messages

dx

shazzap
30-Dec-09, 00:28
Whilst on the subject of private messages i was receiving email notification of them, but now am not.

Is anyone else not getting email notification?
My settings are all correct so i can't understand why this is happening.

Bobinovich
30-Dec-09, 02:28
I think that particular problem is still a residual from the changeover to new server (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=93015). It did work for a while since then but has stopped working again.

cherokee
30-Dec-09, 10:47
Thanks for the help guys!

Its sorted now. :D

bekisman
23-Jan-10, 15:56
How do I read any private messages that I've sent?

I've tried the obvious, on "read" in my Private Message, but it just comes up as "0 messages sent" (I know how to send a Private Message, and have sent quite a few since I've joined - have had replies back from same )!!

Anyone help me here, please ?

yes think blagh blah

cherokee
23-Jan-10, 17:59
yes think blagh blah

I'm sorry, have I missed something here .............:roll::roll::roll:

shazzap
23-Jan-10, 18:06
Has any one else still got an issue with email notification.

dx100uk
24-Jan-10, 02:57
yep not had any in a few weeks now

dx

Niall Fernie
24-Jan-10, 06:09
We're still having problems with AOL and Tiscali who refuse to accept any e-mails from our server there may well be others but those 2 ISPs are generating so much bounced mail that I've stopped reading it.

dx100uk
24-Jan-10, 11:43
ok well your msg came through to btyahoo ok
so something has changed as ai wasn;t getting the ones from the tech spt thread i was on.

welldone
dx

shazzap
24-Jan-10, 13:02
We're still having problems with AOL and Tiscali who refuse to accept any e-mails from our server there may well be others but those 2 ISPs are generating so much bounced mail that I've stopped reading it.

Mines Plus Net.