PDA

View Full Version : Steam Generated irons....

Katy
29-Dec-09, 18:35
Does anyone have any recommendations or what steam generated irons to avoid?!

There are so many on the market just not sure what is the best one to go for!

All help gratefully received!

Katy x

overthewallandfaraway
29-Dec-09, 19:10
Don't you mean steam generating irons?:eek:
Surely a steam generated iron would require boiler and heat source to make it work?

Ricco
29-Dec-09, 21:49
Does anyone have any recommendations or what steam generated irons to avoid?!

There are so many on the market just not sure what is the best one to go for!

All help gratefully received!

Katy x

If you mean straight forward steam irons I will NOT buy another Bosch. The tank leaks out of the handle and one day is going to short out. Good job I have RCBs fitted!

Make sure you get one with a polished stainless steel sole plate and a clip-on plate for delicates. :)

Katy
29-Dec-09, 22:25
If you mean straight forward steam irons I will NOT buy another Bosch. The tank leaks out of the handle and one day is going to short out. Good job I have RCBs fitted!

Make sure you get one with a polished stainless steel sole plate and a clip-on plate for delicates. :)

Thanks Ricco, knew someone would give a sensible reply! I'm meaning one of those big steam ones with the base?!

Is this the same as yours? There are so many available i'm getting confused about which one is best to get!

Kxx

Liz
30-Dec-09, 15:42
This might help Katy.http://www.reevoo.com/search?q=steam+generated+irons

I know how confusing it can be to choose any kind of product! There are so many to choose from and you want to make sure they are worth the money.

Good luck!:D

Katy
30-Dec-09, 18:24
Thank you very much Liz, I ended up just going for it today, couldn't manage another day without a iron lol.

Got a good bargain from Argos and soooooooo wish I bought on of those generator irons before now, saves so much time and work!!

Thanks again

Katy xx