PDA

View Full Version : BOY!!! It's Cold !!

cherokee
29-Dec-09, 17:57
Don't think there's ever been a "Festive Season" as cold as this one !!

The owld ganseys just dinna cut hid at all !!
I don't have access to a thermometer, but I'd hate to think of the below zero's that it may register, especially tonight........??

Anyone else on here putting on the extra jumpers and turning their heating up full-blast before their teeth start chattering.... ?:eek:

andrew.bowles30
29-Dec-09, 18:00
hi yes even down hear it it below 0 now we expecting some more snow but not as much as we used to get in lybster when i live there verry cold:eek:

joxville
29-Dec-09, 18:01
At least the nights are getting longer again. :)

BTW, I'm the second part of your sig. :)

bettedaviseyes
29-Dec-09, 18:11
here in fife its blooming cold outside in fact FREEZING:~( toke my dog out for a walk was so glad to get back home...

http://www.todayscacher.com/2004/dec/img/Frozen_person.gif

Stefan
29-Dec-09, 18:15
At least the nights are getting longer again.

Longer?
I thought they were getting shorter and the days are getting longer... are they NOT ??? :eek:

It IS my first winter in caithness but I thought even up here simple daylight rules applied, although the days are shorter in winter and longer in summer compared to down south.

I presume you meant the daylight stays longer at night, well, I sure hope you did or else I am in for a VERY big surprise...lol.;)

BTW, cold ?
Didn't think it was that cold here. -3 isn't rally that cold. Spoke to my grandma in Germany the other day and she told me the weather forecast had just predicted -26 for the night.....

joxville
29-Dec-09, 18:24
Longer?
I thought they were getting shorter and the days are getting longer... are they NOT ??? :eek:

Boy, you're quick! I had hoped it would be a while before someone spotted my deliberate mistake. :roll: :)

Iffy
29-Dec-09, 18:26
Think that Joxville meant "shorter" nights there, Stefan !!

A wee slip o' the tongue is allowed now and then..eh? :eek:

Well, really glad that its much warmer in Germany, but, just a wee problem there, when on Caithness.Org....

We Don't Live In Germany !!!!!!!

joxville
29-Dec-09, 18:28
<coat, skulks out the door> [para]

:)

bettedaviseyes
29-Dec-09, 18:53
Longer?

It IS my first winter in caithness but I thought even up here simple daylight rules applied, although the days are shorter in winter and longer in summer compared to down south.

I presume you meant the daylight stays longer at night, well, I sure hope you did or else I am in for a VERY big surprise...lol.;)

BTW, cold ?
Didn't think it was that cold here. -3 isn't rally that cold. Spoke to my grandma in Germany the other day and she told me the weather forecast had just predicted -26 for the night.....

-26 blooming hell and we have the cheek to moan about -3 :lol:

ShelleyCowie
29-Dec-09, 19:03
I dont mind the cold to be honest, yes i will have a wee moan about it (im a woman remember) but i mainly moan because i cant get athrun out with me. So if i have to go anywhere then i have to make sure my OH is here.

Cold nights like this are ok, get a blanket, put the heating on, get some snacks and put some movies on to watch with the kids. :cool:

rs 2k
29-Dec-09, 19:28
Can't believe how cold it is

Had fire on 2days running and still feeling it cold, feet r freezing just can't get warmed up at all

We have had 5 power cuts in the last 2 days, lucky they r only lasting seconds [lol]

Early to bed tonight i think and try and get warmed up :)

Hoida
29-Dec-09, 19:40
Can't remember it being as cold as this for so long and doesn't look as tho'there is any let up on the way :mad:

Vistravi
29-Dec-09, 20:11
I dont mind the cold to be honest, yes i will have a wee moan about it (im a woman remember) but i mainly moan because i cant get athrun out with me. So if i have to go anywhere then i have to make sure my OH is here.

Cold nights like this are ok, get a blanket, put the heating on, get some snacks and put some movies on to watch with the kids. :cool:

Wrap him up warm and he'll be fine. Pram just needs snow wheels ;)

oldmarine
29-Dec-09, 21:01

I don't have access to a thermometer, but I'd hate to think of the below zero's that it may register, especially tonight........??

Anyone else on here putting on the extra jumpers and turning their heating up full-blast before their teeth start chattering.... ?:eek:

What happened to the global warming I have been reading. The temps are supposed to be going up - not down like in COLD.

Kevin Milkins
29-Dec-09, 21:32
What happened to the global warming I have been reading. The temps are supposed to be going up - not down like in COLD.

All global warming has been cancelled until further notice.;)

Kodiak
29-Dec-09, 21:52

Nope, Global Warming is caused by an excess of CO2. This in turn forms a Barrier and reflects the heat from the sun and if it keeps increasing it can and will cause an Ice Age.

So Global Warming does not warm up the planet it will actually make it colder.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Dec-09, 22:02
<coat, skulks out the door> [para]

Oh before you Jox can I quickly finish knitting a wee something that I have been making to keep your extremities warm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/jesdmill/new/thermal032.jpg

Cant have you feeling the cold now can I. ;)

crayola
29-Dec-09, 22:03
Nope, Global Warming is caused by an excess of CO2. This in turn forms a Barrier and reflects the heat from the sun and if it keeps increasing it can and will cause an Ice Age.

So Global Warming does not warm up the planet it will actually make it colder.
Cracking post Kodiak, I nominate it for Jan Matejko post of the year. :)

Stargazer
29-Dec-09, 22:18
Minus 10.5 a little while ago in Halkirk. Brrrr. :cool:

balto
29-Dec-09, 22:22
oh i love it, watching the snow fall, then playing in it great fun for kids of all ages lol.

ShelleyCowie
29-Dec-09, 23:05
Wrap him up warm and he'll be fine. Pram just needs snow wheels ;)

och he is always wrapped up, roastin hot lyin there in his pram with a half dozen blankets round him and his cosy toes. Its me on e outside that is the worry. Im a clumsy person and if i fall am scared that the pram will come with me :eek:

unicorn
29-Dec-09, 23:31
-6 now brrrrrrrr

joxville
29-Dec-09, 23:34
Oh before you Jox can I quickly finish knitting a wee something that I have been making to keep your extremities warm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/jesdmill/new/thermal032.jpg

Cant have you feeling the cold now can I. ;)

Can you make it larger please? ;)

rumpelstiltskin
29-Dec-09, 23:53
Yes,his bald head is quite large.

shazzy
29-Dec-09, 23:55
Yes,his bald head is quite large.
v.good!!:lol:

Angel
30-Dec-09, 00:23
Just left my friend in Halkirk and driving back the temperature reached -12 between the village and the level crossing... now that is the coldest I have seen on the guage... bbrrrrr....

Angel...

Tom Cornwall
30-Dec-09, 11:43

cherokee, you must be just a young person...I remember when....but, don't start me down that road, I'd never get done:)

cherokee
30-Dec-09, 17:34
Hi Tom,

Well I like to think I'm just a wee bairn yet, though being nearly in my middle forties tells a different story !;)

But I do mind, as a bairn, tonnes o' the white stuff falling! I was brought up in the country and mind fine trudging through drifts of snow up to my middle (though I was only about two foot nothing then :lol: !!)

And theres a cracker o' a photo of me standing outside an "igloo" my Dad had built for us in the back garden, you can see from the surrounding snow how deep in must have been !