PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with CCWS just lately?

2little2late
27-Apr-06, 23:45
Is there a glitch with Caithness.org? Over the last two or three days, whenever I try to get onto CCWS or the message board there seems to be a problem loading the page. I have to leave it for a while and then try again later. Anyone else having problems or is it just me?

kas
27-Apr-06, 23:49
No its not just you, I havent been able to get into the site at all, for the last hour.:confused: This has been happening on and off for the last few day, But we are back in now.:)

ice box
27-Apr-06, 23:59
Only started happening when that goggle advert started showing when your not logged in wonder thats got something to do with it Grrrrr

krieve
28-Apr-06, 00:54
I hope it stay on now i get :( :mad: lol when i canna get my fix of the org fingers crossed it stays on now.

DW
28-Apr-06, 08:36
Maybe the problems are caused because Godmin is o v e r s t r e t c h e d.

I was bad-repped by Godmin because I posted a sarcastic comment expressing my dislike for a thread. What really shocked me was that I realised Godmin isn't perfect, the Supreme Being makes grammatical errors like the rest of us.

I have no idea if Godmin has access to our mortal 'Private' messages but what the deity maybe didn't realise was that my post stimulated an interesting debate, by PM, between myself and the originator of the thread.

Personally I think Godmin should stick to making sure the world runs smoothly; after all the Omnipresent Being can have revenge when we all shuffle off this mortal coil. [lol] :eek:

golach
28-Apr-06, 08:51

I was bad-repped by Godmin because I posted a sarcastic comment expressing my dislike for a thread. What really shocked me was that I realised Godmin isn't perfect, the Supreme Being makes grammatical errors like the rest of us.

I have no idea if Godmin has access to our mortal 'Private' messages but what the deity maybe didn't realise was that my post stimulated an interesting debate, by PM, between myself and the originator of the thread.

Personally I think Godmin should stick to making sure the world runs smoothly; after all the Omnipresent Being can have revenge when we all shuffle off this mortal coil. [lol] :eek:
Sorry DW I am bored with your ranting, you will never be jjc, fred, JAWS or Gleber2, they can be clever and interesting, you are a pale shadow of them

fred
28-Apr-06, 09:31
Only started happening when that goggle advert started showing when your not logged in wonder thats got something to do with it Grrrrr

No that isn't anything to do with it, I keep checking to see where the holdup is when I get timeouts.

Caithness.org rents server space of one company which in turn rents servers off another company which I think is part of a telecommunications company called Kingston Communications and it's as the messages reach their computers that the holdups always start.

If you open a DOS prompt and type tracert caithness.org you will be able to see all the different computers your messages go through on their way to the forum and where the holdup is.

Niall Fernie
28-Apr-06, 09:50
Yes the server setup we currently have is rubbish and we are looking for a new one. Dont ever use Architec or Rackspace (the two we're stuck with at the moment)

I agree golach hes not very good is he, previous members have manged to wind me up into a hairy fit, but DW just provides a topic to have a wee laugh at during dinner. Is he going to go for the big "thats it I'm off please tell me you love me and want me to stay" thread? Theres pretty good odds being given in our house. We really hope he does so we can add it to the collection. Since he's had a recent change of boss, he's possibly going to wait until the evening to get started on that one.

DW, if you want to have stimulating debate in private you could use e-mail, what was wrong with having a stimulating debate in public?

DW
28-Apr-06, 11:27
DW, if you want to have stimulating debate in private you could use e-mail, what was wrong with having a stimulating debate in public?
Here is a copy of the last PM I sent to Lasher

No, I haven't. I have no reason to disbelieve what you are saying; I just feel that for many of the workers they may have ended up there because of other unfortunate circumstances.
I wonder how many of them would keep doing it if they had the chance of a different job which paid the same money?
I am not some religious nut either incase you were wondering .
BTW I received neg rep from N. Fernie and a very sly little comment implying that I was just making a snide remark; whereas in fact, we are managing to indulge in a reasonable debate which I would quite happily have conducted through the thread.
DW

So, I was keen to open it up but the mysoginist refused.
[smirk]

Niall Fernie
28-Apr-06, 12:01
I'll ask the question again as it didn't seem to register first time round.

What was wrong with having a stimulating debate in public?

JAWS
28-Apr-06, 13:03
I'll ask the question again as it didn't seem to register first time round.

What was wrong with having a stimulating debate in public?
I think You've confused him there, Niall. :D

2little2late
28-Apr-06, 13:34

Typical example of not keeping to the thread.
Thanks for your help Niall. Much appreciated. Let's hope it's not too long before you get a decent server.
Thread is now closed.