PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a sledge in Thurso?

Kiwi
29-Dec-09, 17:35
I have tried CLB, Serendipity, Temptations, Harpers Fishing Shop, Whatsits, 99p store - couldn't try WD Ross hardware because it's closed.

Any more ideas?

joxville
29-Dec-09, 17:38
Try a car bonnet.

Kiwi
29-Dec-09, 17:41
Do you mean I should try sliding down the car bonnet when it is still attached to the car, or that I should remove the car bonnet and sit on it to slide down the hill? :lol:

joxville
29-Dec-09, 17:55
Do you mean I should try sliding down the car bonnet when it is still attached to the car, or that I should remove the car bonnet and sit on it to slide down the hill?

The second one. Use the neighbours though, no point damaging your own car. :D

Get thick cardboard, you must hae some from xmas, and wrap it in polythene, et voila...you have yourself a sledge. :)

Neccessity is the mother of invention. :cool:

Max
29-Dec-09, 19:54
W & D Ross open 11am -3pm (bottom shop). They have sledges.

Blarney
29-Dec-09, 20:05
I have tried CLB, Serendipity, Temptations, Harpers Fishing Shop, Whatsits, 99p store - couldn't try WD Ross hardware because it's closed.

Any more ideas?

Tried today too and even tried in Wick but no joy. It's amazing how you can amuse a couple of adults and three bairns with some thick poly bags and a snow covered slope though. Excuse me now while I go rub some liniment on my nether regions.:roll:

webmannie
29-Dec-09, 21:12
Bought a shiny pink one this afternoon at WD Ross (Bottom shop) for the bairn, £9.50. Blinking rapid it is, she is chuffed with it.

Kiwi
29-Dec-09, 21:35
Excellent - I will be at WD Ross tomorrow morning - thanks for the replies.

joxville
29-Dec-09, 21:37
Excellent - I will be at WD Ross tomorrow morning - thanks for the replies.

Have fun......just don't come running to me if you break your legs. ;)