PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Close Down Internet

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 14:48
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/obama-shut-down-internet-legislation,7478.html

As it says on the tin, the worlds most powerful leader is planning to close down the internet.

Freedom of free speech & freedom of information are at great risk here.

Thoughts/Views?

Scorp

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 14:56
Thoughts/Views?

Someone's talking pish.

(For a start, he can't control every web server in the world, nor the traffic routes to and from them. Therefore the internet will survive regardless.)

Rheghead
28-Dec-09, 14:56

Thoughts/Views?

Scorp

I've no problem with free speech and freedom of expression but surely there is no place for giving folk freedom to express hatred, disinformation, lies and perversion?

Cinderella's Shoe
28-Dec-09, 15:04
I doubt its true or could be achieved.

But if it was, some people would actually have to get a life!

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 15:09
Someone's talking pish.

(For a start, he can't control every web server in the world, nor the traffic routes to and from them. Therefore the internet will survive regardless.)

Through time, & after billions are invested in to this project, anything is possible. If Obama wants the internet banned, it WILL happen. There's so much information available to the public, information certain people don't want us knowing, hence why actions are been taken now.

I've no problem with free speech and freedom of expression but surely there is no place for giving folk freedom to express hatred, disinformation, lies and perversion?

Yes Rheg you're right, goes without saying...

3of8
28-Dec-09, 15:13

Give it a rest Rheg. You've no problem? That's magnanimous of you.

Wherever people congregate for whatever reason they will express hatred, disinformation, lies and perversion. Look at the Ku Klux Klan, Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party and the Catholic Church. All around before the internet!

Connor.
28-Dec-09, 15:15
There is also the fact that he'd only be able to shut down American only websites. Which wouldn't happen in the first place.

Someones trying to pull a fast one.

3of8
28-Dec-09, 15:16

As it says on the tin, the worlds most powerful leader is planning to close down the internet.

Thoughts/Views?

Scorp

Old news. Look at the date on the article. Besides, if Obama wants to isolate himself and his country then let him. He can't control the world and the world won't let him.

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 15:18
If Obama wants the internet banned, it WILL happen.

No it won't. I won't allow it. And there are millions more like me.

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 15:20
He can't control the world and the world won't let him.

This I'm afraid is incorrect. The plan is World Control, & when any of the Rockefeller's are involved, the amount of money involved is limitless.

Bobinovich
28-Dec-09, 15:21
Never gonna happen - I did double check to see if it was April 1st just in case...

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 15:23
This I'm afraid is incorrect. The plan is World Control, & when any of the Rockefeller's are involved, the amount of money involved is limitless.

Ground Control to Major Scorp: "You've lost it, mate."

upolian
28-Dec-09, 15:24
the big question is what would we all do without the ORG

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 15:26
No it won't. I won't allow it. And there are millions more like me.

& I'm one of those people! If people can look at this as corruption, rather than law, then maybe, just maybe, it'll encourage people to express themselves freely. & also, people will be able to judge for themselves that the law is a hinderance to us rather than being beneficial...

3of8
28-Dec-09, 15:28

Yeah, right. I'm afraid I have to disappoint you and inform you of eventual world domination by the Chinese. The USA will be their lapdogs.

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 15:28
Ground Control to Major Scorp: "You've lost it, mate."

Oh min I pity ye...Come out of yer bubble & look at eh bigger picture bae...

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 15:31
Who are we to say what he can and can not do? I bet that nobody would have thought the internet would even exist years ago.

There is a vast amount of information available on the internet, some of which im sure Obama would not like to be there. So its an easy start, try and stop so much info on government information being available to the public.

As Scorp said, its just another way of them controling us. Its all they want to do. :confused

Bobinovich
28-Dec-09, 15:35

Your business advertising model would be well down the tubes [lol]

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 15:36

Oh my goodness! We will all become insane, run around a campfire naked until they bring it back...on ye's go...i'll meet ya there! :lol:

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 15:38
Oh min I pity ye...Come out of yer bubble & look at eh bigger picture bae...

Yes! Your words have convinced me! Thank you so much!

Oh, wait...no. Someone's definitely talking pish.

bcsman
28-Dec-09, 15:40
dont believe everything you read

joxville
28-Dec-09, 15:42
Oh my goodness! We will all become insane, run around a campfire naked until they bring it back...on ye's go...i'll meet ya there! :lol:

That's already part of my fitness routine. :)

joxville
28-Dec-09, 15:46
Through time, & after billions are invested in to this project, anything is possible. If Obama wants the internet banned, it WILL happen. There's so much information available to the public, information certain people don't want us knowing, hence why actions are been taken now.

Americans worship the dollar and there is no way they would let it happen because of the financial implications. Money is more important to them than the right to free speech.

jibertos
28-Dec-09, 15:46
the internet cannot be switched off. one of the great things about it is it bares no physical presence. the internet is data that isnt controlled in one set place.

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 15:49
Yes! Your words have convinced me! Thank you so much!

Oh, wait...no. Someone's definitely talking pish.

So who's talking pish lek? Me?[evil]

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 15:53
Americans worship the dollar and there is no way they would let it happen because of the financial implications. Money is more important to them than the right to free speech.

Yes the American's focus their energy in all the wrong places. But yet when they focus their energy in all the right places they still cause trouble. Look at Afghanistan, why are they determined to take control of this country? Maybe it's got something to do with the Afghan's producing more than 90% of the world's heroin supply...

bekisman
28-Dec-09, 15:53
I put in Google; 'Obama To Close Down Internet hoax'
this lot came up dated November 2009:

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-352217.96.html

I like Nairaland, people gradually deviate from the main topic and start talking something else different. Can someone please tell me what Obama's presidency has got to do with this. Even those who did not have the ability to vote would sit on their backside looking for ways to discredit President Obama. Obviously people have said he was selected, some say he was chose, absolute rubbish, the rest of the discourse irrelevant. Everyone knew what happened, and that's why congress moved to act swiftly to prevent such occurrence.I have a question for people who talk without research; Was it Obama that introduced that bill to the house? Answer NO. Also, looking at this act, can someone please tell me where it says explicitly gives the right to shut down the internet, and don't worry rather than Goggling it, I have the link directly from the Library of Congress online. In addition, we carry news, but no one ever raised that Obama hasn't signed this bill, it was just introduced as a Reco, it hasn't even gone to either houses for vote which obviously, however Obama does have an cycbersecurity advisory panel.

Here is the link for Library of Congress and the name of the bill is Cyber security Act of 2009, No, S.773

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm (http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm)

joxville
28-Dec-09, 16:10
Yes the American's focus their energy in all the wrong places. But yet when they focus their energy in all the right places they still cause trouble. Look at Afghanistan, why are they determined to take control of this country? Maybe it's got something to do with the Afghan's producing more than 90% of the world's heroin supply...

Ah ha! So that was Bush's plan then? He wanted to take control of the heroin supply himself? That perhaps explains the following: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we".
- US President George W. Bush (August 5, 2004)

;)

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 16:21
Ah ha! So that was Bush's plan then? He wanted to take control of the heroin supply himself? That perhaps explains the following: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we".
- US President George W. Bush (August 5, 2004)

;)

Proves my points, there's always a game plan...

Anybody interested on the Afghan's profits from Heroin in 2007? - $4 Billion.

There total income as an economy in the same year? - $7.5 Billion.

& the Afghans also represent around half of the Pakistani economy. Big money, big profits.

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 16:26
So who's talking pish lek? Me?[evil]
I do apologise if you have correctly inferred from my posts that you are 'talking pish lek'.

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 16:30
I do apologise if you have correctly inferred from my posts that you are 'talking pish lek'.

So just who is talking pish then? The Media? The Government?

If you've only come to realise this, then you should put your trainers on in order to catch up...

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 16:31
face/palm

:D

joxville
28-Dec-09, 16:33
& the Afghans also represent around half of the Pakistani economy. Big money, big profits.

Tell that to Mr Tan, my local Pakistani shopkeeper. His van is 14 years old so he must be doing something wrong! :eek:

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 16:50
Tell that to Mr Tan, my local Pakistani shopkeeper. His van is 14 years old so he must be doing something wrong! :eek:

The only thing he's doing wrong is not being organic;)

joxville
28-Dec-09, 17:05
The only thing he's doing wrong is not being organic;)

His Bombay Mix is quite delectable....and so's his wife! ;)

Scorpio12thNov
28-Dec-09, 17:28
Here's another article I came across.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/04/07/bill-lets-obama-turn-off-the-internet

In short, the President could shut down much of the Internet if he thought necessary.

Just remember this, whether we like it or not, we're merely puppets in this game, & it's people like Obama who play with the strings. If he truely wanted to, he could do anything he wanted, including selecting the information of which we read.

riggerboy
28-Dec-09, 17:43

that wont be in thurso then even with a campfire chipalata springs to mind for us men lol

joxville
28-Dec-09, 18:14
that wont be in thurso then even with a campfire chipalata springs to mind for us men lol
Speak for yourself. ;)

Phill
28-Dec-09, 18:20
If he truely wanted to, he could do anything he wanted, including selecting the information of which we read.

Like it isn't happening already!

northener
28-Dec-09, 18:33
Dontcha just love 'world domination' paranoia.

joxville
28-Dec-09, 18:36

Who's paranoid? Not me. [para]

Phill
28-Dec-09, 18:41
Whatever you do don't mention Project Echelon!!

Did you know that if you mention President & Bomb in the same sent........

who's that kicking me door in without a warrant........

northener
28-Dec-09, 18:43
Who's paranoid? Not me. [para]

I'm watching you, matey.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepoison/files/2009/07/blofeld1.jpg

crayola
28-Dec-09, 18:44
He's not paranoid, he's a plant. We Scorpios are planning to take over the world before 'they' do.

joxville
28-Dec-09, 18:45
I'm watching you, matey.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepoison/files/2009/07/blofeld1.jpg

Good grief, that's how I might look in a few years time. :eek:

joxville
28-Dec-09, 18:46
He's not paranoid, he's a plant. We Scorpios are planning to take over the world before 'they' do.
I knew there would be a sting in the tale. :eek:

;)

sandyr1
28-Dec-09, 18:55
Some years ago, 15+., whilst Ocean Sailing off Bermuda, the system prior to GPS which was then called Sat Nav, stopped working..Of course then one must use a Sextant to place your position (to the uninitiated...A Sextant is not a Sex Toy-Sorry)
Later it was ascertained that the United States had scrambled the Satelite System, as one of their ships had been hit..perhaps the USS Cole...am not sure.
I personally know this///I was on the boat! The Sat Nav came back to life approx 30 hours later/ so they can do what they wish...as many governments can.

crayola
28-Dec-09, 18:56
I knew there would be a sting in the tale. :eek:

;)
It's my pedipalps you have to watch out for. ;)

Metalattakk
28-Dec-09, 19:04
It's my pedipalps you have to watch out for. ;)
Trust you to get all touchy-feelery.

Phill
28-Dec-09, 19:13
The Sat Nav came back to life approx 30 hours later/ so they can do what they wish...as many governments can.

There is regular GPS jamming / shifting up here, normally off the West coast.
But then when Wifey gets the Sat Nav all bets are off anyway.

Sextant! I have heard of such a thing, a tool of the Devil surely!!!

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 19:42

You scorpios are bloomin deadly, but then again more fun!! ;) :lol:

sandyr1
28-Dec-09, 20:03
I see u r from Libster/ fine place.....

Moira
29-Dec-09, 00:45
What a load of tosh you are all talking.

The truth is that the main Broadband/Caithness dot Org cable passes through Bill Fernie's house. If Bill decides to unplug the cable on a Sunday night in order to plug in the kettle and make himself and the family a cup of tea, I think this is acceptable. The folk who are regularly booted out of the Quizroom may not agree however.

Similarly, if Bill, inadvertently, trips over the cable on his way to the kettle and decides the hassle of having the cable there is not worth it and disconnects it permanently, again I would find this acceptable.

Btw, who is this Obama guy? ;)

joxville
29-Dec-09, 00:55
What a load of tosh you are all talking.;)

May I take the 5th Amendment? :eek:

[lol]

Phill
29-Dec-09, 00:59
Well it doesn't matter anyway. I have the power to stop the internet at my disposal.

In my possession I have a device called a router, and when I switch this off the internet stops!!!
[evil][evil][evil]

Ha ha!! World Domination is mine!!!!

what........not all of it....just my internet connection.......!

flash
29-Dec-09, 10:22
All hail Phill, the true leader with total control of the internet

Scorpio12thNov
31-Dec-09, 19:43

Ahem...What do you mean, planning?;)

JAWS
01-Jan-10, 09:33
Obama wouldn't dare close down the internet. If he tried he would fall foul of it's inventor, Al Gore, and he would make a film ranting that doing it would mean the end of all life on Earth.

Leanne
01-Jan-10, 14:41
Obama wouldn't dare close down the internet. If he tried he would fall foul of it's inventor, Al Gore, and he would make a film ranting that doing it would mean the end of all life on Earth.

Why do people think Al Gore invented the internet?

cesare
01-Jan-10, 20:08
Aint anyone able to pull the plug and control all the millions and billions of networks availible...he is livin a fantasy land dream....nice nice get publics vote then Control them
So Glad i have not one bit of respect for any of them =) they aint gonna control me i aint part of a herd i got a voice and love using it and will continue to do so.....this is our world not his lol :lol:

northener
02-Jan-10, 00:16

Aye, it's cobblers. Like most of his written work. People think he invented homosexuality, too.

Uh...yer don't mean Gore Vidal, then?

Hat, coat, door.

Bruce
10-Jan-10, 04:09

Thoughts/Views?

Scorpget a grip of your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAWS
14-Jan-10, 07:51
Why do people think Al Gore invented the internet?Because he said he did and as everybody knows everything Al Gore says is the Gospel Truth. It has to be because he keeps telling us it is.

In 1998 Gore made a claim that he invented the internet. When challenged about it he used the usual politicians lie of claiming, despite the fact there was proof otherwise, that his comment had been taken out of context and what he meant to say was that he had been instrumental attempting to popularise the internet since he entered Congress in 1975. The fact that there was no such thing as the "internet" in 1975 seems to have passed him by. At that time the nearest thing to what became the internet was a very basic set of computer links between a very small handful of Universities in America. Even by the 1980s there were still only around 200 servers in the whole world.

When Al Gore claims he was inventing the internet there was no such thing as a PC as we know it, certainly not for home use. The first affordable home computer was made be Clive Sinclair only came out in 1978, and was only of use for playing very, very basic games or for spending hours and hours trying to type in very basic programs which usually drove you mad trying to find the mistake you had made so they didn't work. Had anybody suggested the could be connected via phonelines to other similar machines would have been an invitation for the men in white coats arriving to drag you off in a straight jacket to a place where the public would be safe from you.

Even in the early 1980s the only computers which could communicate with one another using phonelines were large mainframe computers which were housed in their own rooms or, in some cases their own buildings. They were certainly not something who would have lying round in you house.

The nicest thing I can say about Al Gore and his assertions is that he has a very inventive and imaginative mind, very inventive and imaginative indeed.

horseman
14-Jan-10, 13:14
What a load of tripe-With the amount of money an there for muscle that man has-everything is possible.An as for shutting down the internet-The usa mannie could shut down the world-Perish the thought but I can't see past it,no I can not explain that,in rational terms, but I am as entitled as anyone else to my flights of fancy!

sevenfortyseven
14-Jan-10, 17:27
What a load of rubbish the internet would never be closed down theres too much resting upon it. Just an excuse for some people to have a pointless arguement.

RecQuery
14-Jan-10, 17:29
The fact it was proposed on the 1st of April is perhaps a clue here I'd say the two senators were trying to make a joke... the Internet was designed to survive a nuclear attack and mass infrastructure collapse. Its pretty difficult to shut it down at this point.

Also it wasn't proposed by Obama but by two members of the Senate, theres a lot of odd bills that get proposed on a daily basis

Much as I hate Gore he never actually said he invented the Internet he was quoted/taken out of context.

George Brims
14-Jan-10, 18:34
It's a prime example of the "Big Lie" technique, as currently practiced by the US media and the Republican Party. At some point when he was running for President, Gore mentioned how he had been one of the sponsors of a bill that provided a lot of the early funding for the internet. His opposition decided to twist this into him saying he invented it, and by extension that Gore was a habitual liar.

Turquoise
14-Jan-10, 23:16
Well I hope you're all proud of yourselves...you've all contributed to this hot thread being brought to Obama's personal attention and it looks he's shut down Scorpio's internet.

Poor Scorpio... :~(

northener
14-Jan-10, 23:29
Well I hope you're all proud of yourselves...you've all contributed to this hot thread being brought to Obama's personal attention and it looks he's shut down Scorpio's internet.

Poor Scorpio... :~(

He's been dragged off to Portgower......

Phill
14-Jan-10, 23:40
So wot u sayin then?

Portgower is gonna close down t'interweb not Obama.

Over my dead body...............oops :eek:

Invisible
15-Jan-10, 00:05
whaaaaaaaaaaat, where has Scorpio gone? aw min another org fatality.

and to some up this thread, nonsense. Obama would never shut down the internet, the world would just disintegrate if that happened.

And think of how many would become jobless

Metalattakk
15-Jan-10, 02:04
whaaaaaaaaaaat, where has Scorpio gone? aw min another org fatality.
He's gone nowhere. Just become an 'Ex-Orger' that's all. He can still log-in and read, but not post or send PMs.

Last Activity: 13-Jan-10 23:49
and to some up this thread, nonsense. Obama would never shut down the internet, the world would just disintegrate if that happened.

And think of how many would become jobless

The simple fact is that Obama (or anyone) cannot shut down the internet. It's impossible, there are far too many redundant paths. The network that hosts the internet is too big for one man to switch it off.

Or maybe people think that Obama has a big red 'On-Off' switch on the wall marked 'Internet'. :roll:

northener
15-Jan-10, 10:13
......Or maybe people think that Obama has a big red 'On-Off' switch on the wall marked 'Internet'. :roll:

You mean he hasn't?:eek:

I'm really disappointed now.:~(

Phill
15-Jan-10, 12:23
Or maybe people think that Obama has a big red 'On-Off' switch on the wall marked 'Internet'.

No, BT have that. Only the label has fallen off and newbie engineers keep pressing it while saying "what does this button do" and we all get plunged back into the dark ages of dialup.

Metalattakk
15-Jan-10, 13:16
No, BT have that. Only the label has fallen off and newbie engineers keep pressing it while saying "what does this button do" and we all get plunged back into the dark ages of dialup.

LOL! They probably only managed to finish the first half of the 'Switch it off then switch it back on again' module in the training course. ;)

crayola
16-Jan-10, 01:19
Or maybe people think that Obama has a big red 'On-Off' switch on the wall marked 'Internet'. :roll:
There is a button but it's pink and only Michelle is allowed to touch it. ;)

Moira
16-Jan-10, 01:41

Are you planning nurturing the plant? If so,what would we expect to see?

crayola
16-Jan-10, 13:29
Are you planning nurturing the plant? If so,what would we expect to see?
He's an ex-plant now, did he wilt in the snow? :confused

Moira
17-Jan-10, 00:05
There is a button but it's pink and only Michelle is allowed to touch it.

You've been in Bill Fernie's kitchen!!?? Wow I am impressed. Btw who's Michelle and does Bill's wife know about her?

He's an ex-plant now, did he wilt in the snow? :confused

Snow? What snow? :)

.D.
17-Mar-10, 14:27
get a grip of your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While searching through these threads I came across this...

If President Obama wants the internet closed, he will. It may not happen today, tomorrow, or the day after, but the Americans have been planning to take over the world since The American Revolution. & they're very much winning the race for world domination. The Americans have many advantages over us, patience being one of them.

So maybe you need to get a grip of yourself. A narrow minded head is a unopened head.

Blast!
17-Mar-10, 14:32
This thread is pure gold.

ducati
17-Mar-10, 14:49
While searching through these threads I came across this...

If President Obama wants the internet closed, he will. It may not happen today, tomorrow, or the day after, but the Americans have been planning to take over the world since The American Revolution. & they're very much winning the race for world domination. The Americans have many advantages over us, patience being one of them.

So maybe you need to get a grip of yourself. A narrow minded head is a unopened head.

Well I for one don't want my head opened. When is the Internet being switched off? I need to get me Tescos ordered ;)

northener
17-Mar-10, 14:56
Nooooooooo!!!!

Make it stop!!!!

Phill
17-Mar-10, 17:19
The 'tinterweb is mind control!

They started slowly, in small areas and using old technology. But slowly they turned it up and widened the net of the 'net.
All of a sudden it's like part of the family, bigger even. It's on our moby fones fer crissake. It is our lives, we are the Matrix.

And then Obama and the illuminate will switch it off on day and we will all become automatons blindly believing whatever they want us to believe, doing the evils for them.

But I can see through their game, I have unearthed a loophole in their systems, just watch what happens when I press this bu

ducati
17-Mar-10, 17:48
The 'tinterweb is mind control!

They started slowly, in small areas and using old technology. But slowly they turned it up and widened the net of the 'net.
All of a sudden it's like part of the family, bigger even. It's on our moby fones fer crissake. It is our lives, we are the Matrix.

And then Obama and the illuminate will switch it off on day and we will all become automatons blindly believing whatever they want us to believe, doing the evils for them.

But I can see through their game, I have unearthed a loophole in their systems, just watch what happens when I press this bu

Sorry Phill, you can't break the interwebnet, Terry Wogan says so :mad:

sandyr1
17-Mar-10, 17:52
It hath been said that the Internet is actually quite vulnerable to a 'bad guys' attack!
Perhaps not close it down totally, but throw the World into Confusion. There are numerous vulnerable areas across the World, & one with some knowledge could surely close much down!
Remember that one need only have a small amount of expertise to wreak havoc.
And Obama is a 'good guy'.

ducati
17-Mar-10, 17:54
It hath been said that the Internet is actually quite vulnerable to a 'bad guys' attack!
Perhaps not close it down totally, but throw the World into Confusion. There are numerous vulnerable areas across the World, & one with some knowledge could surely close much down!
Remember that one need only have a small amount of expertise to wreak havoc.
And Obama is a 'good guy'.

I found a way to shut it down completely. Don't pay BT:~(

upolian
17-Mar-10, 18:10
Your business advertising model would be well down the tubes [lol]

lol nice 1..........

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Mar-10, 18:39
I'm sure electrical companies would have the power to shut the Internet down. :)

Phill
17-Mar-10, 18:53
Sorry Phill, you can't break the interwebnet, Terry Wogan says so :mad:

Bloody Wogan, I thought we'd got rid of him for that ginger

c I pressed that button again and it stopped, just watch......

George Brims
17-Mar-10, 21:33
It may not happen today, tomorrow, or the day after, but the Americans have been planning to take over the world since The American Revolution. & they're very much winning the race for world domination. The Americans have many advantages over us, patience being one of them.
Ah that takes me back. When I was a lad people would lecture us that:
It may not happen today, tomorrow, or the day after, but the Russians have been planning to take over the world since The Bolshevik Revolution & they're very much winning the race for world domination. The Russians have many advantages over us, patience being one of them.

peedie
17-Mar-10, 22:21
right,
after venturing onto t'org for a bit of light reading and chit chat,
i have had to go away, make a tin foil hat and set mouse traps round my phone socket (try and cut me off now :roll:)

why does he want rid of the internet? i doubt its the whole internet? maybe he has like the master parental controls instead?

i highly doubt it i just wanted to join in [lol]

.D.
18-Mar-10, 11:21
When world leaders have got the power to start world wars & kill billions of people, they certainly have the power to do anything they want.

They watch over us like we're ants. Watching us as we work away for thier needs. Whilst some of you think this is normal, it most certainly isn't.

This is certainly a very interesting thread, interesting in the respect that people "refuse" to believe that this is likely to happen! Remember that the internet is a fairly new device, it hasn't been around for that long, & with the information available to us, millions of people have changed thier believes/views on the world/society we live in today.

& as I said, if somebody has the power to invade countries with thier nuclear weapons, killing billions of people in the inhumane fashion they do so, I know that they are perfectly capable of limiting our resources, the internet being one.

Don't you think it's about time that you look at the fact that we are robots, that we have been programmed for peoples individual needs, because whether it's America or Russia, or even China, somebody wants to control this planet. Rather frightening when you some to think of it :eek:

northener
18-Mar-10, 17:14
Here we go again.....I'm off to the bog.

peedie
18-Mar-10, 17:54
tin foil hats!!!! get your tin foil hats!!!

Yoda the flump
18-Mar-10, 21:36
When world leaders have got the power to start world wars & kill billions of people, they certainly have the power to do anything they want.

They watch over us like we're ants. Watching us as we work away for thier needs. Whilst some of you think this is normal, it most certainly isn't.

This is certainly a very interesting thread, interesting in the respect that people "refuse" to believe that this is likely to happen! Remember that the internet is a fairly new device, it hasn't been around for that long, & with the information available to us, millions of people have changed thier believes/views on the world/society we live in today.

& as I said, if somebody has the power to invade countries with thier nuclear weapons, killing billions of people in the inhumane fashion they do so, I know that they are perfectly capable of limiting our resources, the internet being one.

Don't you think it's about time that you look at the fact that we are robots, that we have been programmed for peoples individual needs, because whether it's America or Russia, or even China, somebody wants to control this planet. Rather frightening when you some to think of it :eek:

Quality....

Phill
18-Mar-10, 21:57

Yeah but, there is another way. Just join the illuminate and hey presto your on the controlling side.

Seemples

Yoda the flump
18-Mar-10, 21:58
Yeah but, there is another way. Just join the illuminate and hey presto your on the controlling side.

Seemples

Or a Zionist :)

ducati
18-Mar-10, 22:02

Seemples

It's worth keeping this thread going just to see northener blow a gasket [lol]

Phill
18-Mar-10, 22:07
It's worth keeping this thread going just to see northener blow a gasket [lol]

Ooooh we need a rant, good call. step it up a notch lads.

Tubthumper
18-Mar-10, 22:08
Seriously, though, they have this device on the internet now that senses when you're posting or downloading or googling about terrorist or bomb or anarchist and all that stuff. Anything with 9/11 or World Trade Centre in the title bar gets flagged up and they have all these guys that scrutinise it all. It works in all different languages too. They get your IP address and your ISP has to tell them where you live.
That's how they caught these blokes who were trying to blow up jets and stuff. Glasgow wasn't on their list of words, that's why they missed the blokes that tried to 'do' there.
If you've been googling any of the words on the list, they'll have your name. And they'll get round to pulling you in sometime.

Yoda the flump
18-Mar-10, 22:09
Ooooh we need a rant, good call. step it up a notch lads.

I don't think anything will beat #93, that has to be one of the best 'points of view' that I have read in a looooooooooooooong time!

Phill
18-Mar-10, 22:11
Or a Zionist :)

Are those them alien dudes, I didn't think they were good on 'tinterweb 'cos of their webbed fingers hitting too many buttons!

Yoda the flump
18-Mar-10, 22:13
Are those them alien dudes, I didn't think they were good on 'tinterweb 'cos of their webbed fingers hitting too many buttons!

Dunno, but 'THEY' seem to be after world domination (if you believe some:eek:)

Phill
18-Mar-10, 22:14
Seriously, though, they have this device on the internet now that senses when you're posting or downloading or googling about terrorist or bomb or anarchist and all that stuff. Anything with 9/11 or World Trade Centre in the title bar gets flagged up and they have all these guys that scrutinise it all. It works in all different languages too. They get your IP address and your ISP has to tell them where you live.
That's how they caught these blokes who were trying to blow up jets and stuff. Glasgow wasn't on their list of words, that's why they missed the blokes that tried to 'do' there.
If you've been googling any of the words on the list, they'll have your name. And they'll get round to pulling you in sometime.

Echelon Project, you've just got the bullseye there, expect a knock at the door any minute. Yes it'll be that quick, you wont hear the Black Helicopter that is about to land on yer roof!!!
:eek:

Yoda the flump
18-Mar-10, 22:16
Echelon Project, you've just got the bullseye there, expect a knock at the door any minute. Yes it'll be that quick, you wont hear the Black Helicopter that is about to land on yer roof!!!
:eek:

THEY are coming to get you.........:eek:

Tubthumper
18-Mar-10, 22:19
Mrs T. Thumper has left the county and will not be posting for a while She sends her regards and says she now feels much better. Please relax. Thank you. That is all.

Phill
18-Mar-10, 22:23
Mrs T. Thumper has left the county and will not be posting for a while She sends her regards and says she now feels much better. Please relax. Thank you. That is all.

Dinnae worry, Guantanamo is wired up fer 'tinterweb so it'll be fine.

Oops, sorry, my mistake, It just wired up :eek::eek::eek:

Yoda the flump
18-Mar-10, 22:30
Dinnae worry, Guantanamo is wired up fer 'tinterweb so it'll be fine.

Oops, sorry, my mistake, It just wired up :eek::eek::eek:

And you have just mentioned the G word.......

Phill
18-Mar-10, 22:42
And you have just mentioned the G word.......

Bügger!

Yep, there's the door.

I'll send a postcard......

sweetpea
19-Mar-10, 01:36
It's typical just when I was getting used to it they will take it way lol

.D.
19-Mar-10, 12:35

We are all under surveillance... we're all being watched... bet none of you know of the "microchip" that George Bush was pushing forward? Where new born babies get inserted with a micro chip. The result is we are forever monitored! Scary...

ducati
19-Mar-10, 12:44
We are all under surveillance... we're all being watched... bet none of you know of the "microchip" that George Bush was pushing forward? Where new born babies get inserted with a micro chip. The result is we are forever monitored! Scary...

Tin foil hat no use then? :eek:

.D.
19-Mar-10, 12:55
Tin foil hat no use then? :eek:

haha you think i'm joking friend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo

honestly, it's frightening :eek:

Tubthumper
19-Mar-10, 13:12
My God, it's on the Internet! It must be true!!
Next the BBC will be reporting it!

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 13:37
haha you think i'm joking friend...

I think it's fairly obvious that you're joking. ;)

What's really frightening is that there are people out there who actually believe all this claptrap.

.D.
19-Mar-10, 13:53
& do you think that the government are your friends? do you think that they are here to better our lifes?

Do you truly believe that we're destined to be controlled? :eek:

you're correct though, it's claptrap indeed... that people will settle for this & believe the government... use your head's rather than letting them use your head...

northener
19-Mar-10, 13:59
... use your head's rather than letting them use your head...

Last time I used my head in a discussion I got done for ABH.:(

Tubthumper
19-Mar-10, 14:15
& do you think that the government are your friends? do you think that they are here to better our lifes?
you're correct though, it's claptrap indeed... that people will settle for this & believe the government... use your head's rather than letting them use your head...
Well as you've posted here, they know you're on to them, and they've got your IP address. It can only be a matter of time...
I understand the 'Team' work out of an office in Dingwall, and they 'visit' Caithness on Tuesdays, according to demand.

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 14:48

If you're serious, then your off your head...

.D.
19-Mar-10, 14:52
If you're serious, then your off your head...

Explain your reasoning. Should we believe the Government? Are we destined to be controlled? Do you not believe, that if World Leaders have the power to start a War, that they have the power to do anything they want?

northener
19-Mar-10, 14:54
Explain your reasoning. Should we believe the Government? Are we destined to be controlled? Do you not believe, that if World Leaders have the power to start a War, that they have the power to do anything they want?

Like order the destruction of the WTC, maybe?

ducati
19-Mar-10, 14:56

Ahh! Phill, are work here is done :mad:

.D.
19-Mar-10, 14:59

Yes. Did you know that the Bin Laden Family were having breakfast with the Bush Family on the morning of 9/11? :eek:

Tubthumper
19-Mar-10, 15:03
The eyes roll up
The head tilts back
The hands are raised to gods
And once again
The org has found
Another for the cause

It's time again for palm to face
Despair at fate of human race
Who see behind each word
Conspiracy by bold lizard
We're robots sure, such sad disgrace
With microchip installed
In head, switch on when we are called

The head now shakes
A tear in eye
The palms raise to the face
As yet again these ghosts they chase

It's time again for face to palm
Enough to make one take to dram
They saw on the TV
But not upon the BBC
Cos that's a Bushite tool
And he who watches is a fool
News 24 said so
It's one of few we trust! Oh no...

And so on...

ducati
19-Mar-10, 15:06
The eyes roll up
The head tilts back
The hands are raised to gods
And once again
The org has found
Another for the cause

Despair at fate of human race
Who see behind each word
Conspiracy by bold lizard
We're robots sure, such sad disgrace
With microchip installed
In head, switch on when we are called

The head now shakes
A tear in eye
The palms raise to the face
As yet again these ghosts they chase

It's time again for face to palm
Enough to make one take to dram
They saw on the TV
But not upon the BBC
Cos that's a Bushite tool
And he who watches is a fool
News 24 said so
It's one of few we trust! Oh no...

And so on...

Lost the will to live at the end there Tubs? Bravo :cool:

Bobinovich
19-Mar-10, 15:20
Yes. Did you know that the Bin Laden Family were having breakfast with the Bush Family on the morning of 9/11? :eek:

You've not perchance been having breakfast with Stavro or Fred recently have you :confused

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 15:22

Everyone has the power to do anything they want, even the most paranoid attention-seekers on the internet.

fred
19-Mar-10, 15:55
You've not perchance been having breakfast with Stavro or Fred recently have you :confused

Look I haven't contributed to this thread at all, it's nothing to do with me.

Do I have to read every thread on this forum just to see who is making abusive comments about me?

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:04
Everyone has the power to do anything they want, even the most paranoid attention-seekers on the internet.

So why, in the opinions of world leaders, is war relevant? & why do they have the power to start a war? But yet, in most of the Org's opinion, they can't stop the net?

They can & will kill innocent people, but it's obscene that they can't control the net :confused

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:05

Do I have to read every thread on this forum just to see who is making abusive comments about me?

*hands fred a tissue*

Aw diddums, does um need a cuddle too? :roll:

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:07
So why, in the opinions of world leaders, is war relevant? & why do they have the power to start a war? But yet, in most of the Org's opinion, they can't stop the net?

They can & will kill innocent people, but it's obscene that they can't control the net :confused

Is it impossible for you to understand the difference?

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:13
Is it impossible for you to understand the difference?

Is it impossible for you to understand that our Matrix looks black & white, but yet it's totally jumbled up? That there are approx. 7 people that run this planet down to every last detail? That if the Government were a user friendly programme there wouldn't be third world countries such as Burma?

Since I was a child, I often wondered why some folk are filthy rich, yet some folk can't even afford water! Have you ever thought like this?

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:22
Is it impossible for you to understand that our Matrix looks black & white, but yet it's totally jumbled up?

I have no idea what you're talking about here. You've been watching too many films, I suspect.

That there are approx. 7 people that run this planet down to every last detail?

Nonsense. Next it'll be the Bilderberg group and the Illuminati running the world from their base at the Earth's core. Seek help, for crying out loud.

That if the Government were a user friendly programme there wouldn't be third world countries such as Burma?

Any government looks after it's own first. Why don't you understand that?

Since I was a child, I often wondered why some folk are filthy rich, yet some folk can't even afford water! Have you ever thought like this?

Nope, because I can easily understand why, by a process of reasoned and intelligent thought.

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:28
Any government looks after it's own first. Why don't you understand that?

hhhmmm... only last week Jack Straw called James Bulger's mother Denise Ferguson in the House Of Commons, where actually her name is Denise Fergus. Is he looking after his own? hhhmmm... Give me a break, haven't you asked yourself why I've come to bare the opinions I hold? Is it by "watching too many films" or is it to do with the fact some of us have experienced the corrupt goings on of this world?

I work on the know, not the think...

scotsboy
19-Mar-10, 16:31
Is it impossible for you to understand that our Matrix looks black & white, but yet it's totally jumbled up? That there are approx. 7 people that run this planet down to every last detail? That if the Government were a user friendly programme there wouldn't be third world countries such as Burma?

There isn't, it's the Union of Myanmar

scotsboy
19-Mar-10, 16:33
hhhmmm... only last week Jack Straw called James Bulger's mother Denise Ferguson in the House Of Commons, where actually her name is Denise Fergus. Is he looking after his own? hhhmmm... Give me a break, haven't you asked yourself why I've come to bare the opinions I hold? Is it by "watching too many films" or is it to do with the fact some of us have experienced the corrupt goings on of this world?

I work on the know, not the think...

Thanks for coming on here and enlightening us............I'm sure someone so well in the know has much more important things to do as well.........we should be greatful.

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:34
haven't you asked yourself why I've come to bare the opinions I hold?

I have, and you wouldn't like my answer. It wouldn't fit in with your delusional paranoid little world.

You know, the trouble with the internet is that it affords a voice to idiots as well as the intelligent. The truth easily gets lost amongst the psychobabble rantings of the outraged and the deluded.

golach
19-Mar-10, 16:34
Thanks for coming on here and enlightening us............I'm sure someone so well in the know has much more important things to do as well.........we should be greatful.

And would know its world geography also [lol]

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:36

haha... & who are you? Maggie Thatcher?

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:41
So why are perfectly harmless drugs, eg, cannibus, illegal?

Yet mephadrone is legal to buy, on the net, & they'll even deliver it to school :eek:

Oops I forgot, our Government does look after us, by making plant food legal to snort up ones hooter!

scotsboy
19-Mar-10, 16:45
haha... & who are you? Maggie Thatcher?

No my balls aren't big enough,

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:46
So why are perfectly harmless drugs, eg, cannibus, illegal?

Yet mephadrone is legal to buy, on the net, & they'll even deliver it to school :eek:

Oops I forgot, our Government does look after us, by making plant food legal to snort up ones hooter!

face/palm

Jebus H., just because they haven't outlawed it yet, doesn't mean they condone it and promote its use. :roll:

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:49
face/palm

Jebus H., just because they haven't outlawed it yet, doesn't mean they condone it and promote its use. :roll:

Alcohol is the worst drug of the lot, yet that has been legal for centuries. Why Metalattakk? Why?

ducati
19-Mar-10, 16:51
Alcohol is the worst drug of the lot, yet that has been legal for centuries. Why Metalattakk? Why?

This is like distilled, all the nutso theads at once :Razz

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:53

Because I arranged it to be so. Now go and finish your homework, there's a good lad.

.D.
19-Mar-10, 16:53
Because I arranged it to be so. Now go and finish your homework, there's a good lad.

Haha... Only if yer mither's has got eh whip in her hand cull...

Metalattakk
19-Mar-10, 16:57
Haha... Only if yer mither's has got eh whip in her hand cull...

I was ready to apologise for insinuating that you were a child. No need now, I suppose, now that you have all but confirmed my initial thoughts.

I guess that explains most of your input to this thread too.

northener
19-Mar-10, 17:30

Look on the bright side, it would keep you amused on an otherwise dreary day, Fred.:Razz

northener
19-Mar-10, 17:34

Two eggs and toast, some cranberry juice and a strong black coffee.......;)

Phill
19-Mar-10, 20:43

No fred, just use the search function, it'll save you some time.

You know, the trouble with the internet is that it affords a voice to idiots as well as the intelligent. The truth easily gets lost amongst the psychobabble rantings of the outraged and the deluded.

I generally sit in the deluded camp, however just to break the monotony I jump into the outrage camp just for the craic.

Because we're addicted and they tax it. The 'tinterweb & alcohol is the mind control option of choice. Works fer me.

Ahh! Phill, are work here is done :mad:

Job done! OK what's next.......

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 21:36

Quality......

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 21:37

This just gets better!

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 21:41

Cos people used to drink it because the water was so rank?

.D.
19-Mar-10, 22:09
JFK's speech... he was assasinated shortly after this speech... his own Government took him out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj6bk66SuMc&feature=PlayList&p=AC995D7A7CFE21E3&index=3

Also this site proves interesting reading, scroll down & read about JFK

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/wrhindex.html?q=wrhindex.html

Phill
19-Mar-10, 22:25
.....Here's some interesting info':

Tim Berners-Lee has been a senior member of the Bilderberg group for some time now, apparently leading a steering group on forumi numptius believanythingus.

Additionally he's been a senior advisor to the illuminate, he has taken a step into cybernetics and holographs. Apparently Obama is just an optical illusion who is controlled by telekinesis via super high frequency signals transmitted from wind turbines.

.D.
19-Mar-10, 22:51
.....Here's some interesting info':

Tim Berners-Lee has been a senior member of the Bilderberg group for some time now, apparently leading a steering group on forumi numptius believanythingus.

Additionally he's been a senior advisor to the illuminate, he has taken a step into cybernetics and holographs. Apparently Obama is just an optical illusion who is controlled by telekinesis via super high frequency signals transmitted from wind turbines.

aye pal... iss chiely works for eh government... hence, he writes what he wants you to believe... ie... fillin yer heid wi sharn...

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 23:10
JFK's speech... he was assasinated shortly after this speech... his own Government took him out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj6bk66SuMc&feature=PlayList&p=AC995D7A7CFE21E3&index=3

Also this site proves interesting reading, scroll down & read about JFK

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/wrhindex.html?q=wrhindex.html

OMG, THEY really did all that? :eek:

OMG, OMG...!!!!

BUT THEY control the interwebby thingy! OMG! THEY are everywhere

.D.
19-Mar-10, 23:26
OMG, THEY really did all that? :eek:

OMG, OMG...!!!!

BUT THEY control the interwebby thingy! OMG! THEY are everywhere

Do you think JFK done that speech "just for eh craic"? :confused
Was it a coincedence that he was assasinated shortly after?

Ofcourse they control "the interwebby thingy" If there were no Government, there'd be no Banks, therefore there'd be no jobs, & man would be what he was born to be, free & independent.

hails4
19-Mar-10, 23:39
.D. , can see where your coming from on a majority of your posts but the same time people are close minded and chose to live a fear free and simple life without thinking of the complexity of how corrupt our country actually is. Is there a little guilt in everyone that Africa gets pushed around the political playground whilst bigger boys take there toys? The JFK thing IIRC will come to light in a few years time with the freedom on information act clauses allowing access to files. Although i suspect it will be heavily blackened out so we cant get key details. Ive watched numberous conspiracy documentries and a few years back i notcied more and more that the freemasons and other secret socities where getting mentioned in rap songs where artist of these labels are given quite alot of freedom to choose what they sing about so they as well are tryin to tell us that we are pawns in a very dangerous game of chess between extremely powerful nations whos only goals are world domination. (please pardon poor spelling using a rubbish internet tv service thing in my hotel room!)

Phill
19-Mar-10, 23:53
.D. , can see where your coming from on a majority of your posts but the same time people are close minded and chose to live a fear free and simple life without thinking of the complexity of how corrupt our country actually is. Is there a little guilt in everyone that Africa gets pushed around the political playground whilst bigger boys take there toys? The JFK thing IIRC will come to light in a few years time with the freedom on information act clauses allowing access to files. Although i suspect it will be heavily blackened out so we cant get key details. Ive watched numberous conspiracy documentries and a few years back i notcied more and more that the freemasons and other secret socities where getting mentioned in rap songs where artist of these labels are given quite alot of freedom to choose what they sing about so they as well are tryin to tell us that we are pawns in a very dangerous game of chess between extremely powerful nations whos only goals are world domination. (please pardon poor spelling using a rubbish internet tv service thing in my hotel room!)

Oooh, Freemason's, good call we haven't had them yet.
And to raise you I'm putting Elvis in as a co conspirator, dunno how yet but I'm sure I'll find somefink on the web.....

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 23:53
Do you think JFK done that speech "just for eh craic"? :confused
Was it a coincedence that he was assasinated shortly after?

Ofcourse they control "the interwebby thingy" If there were no Government, there'd be no Banks, therefore there'd be no jobs, & man would be what he was born to be, free & independent.

He said it because it was part of the plan that THEY had set in motion.

THEY control everything, THEY control what you read on the interwebby! The sites you read are there because THEY allow it, if THEY did not want you to know things then THEY would get rid of the site. THEY tell you that there is a conspiracy and you believe it. THEY make you delusional, THEY really control you as much as THEY control me.....

THEY are beyond the government, banks and jobs......THEY control everything.

Seriously though, are you advocating the same policies as Pol Pot and a return to the dark ages brother No 1?

.D.
19-Mar-10, 23:56

Hail hails4 :)

at last, someone who can use their own head! rather than the other brainwashed kiddies on here...

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 23:57
Oooh, Freemason's, good call we haven't had them yet.
And to raise you I'm putting Elvis in as a co conspirator, dunno how yet but I'm sure I'll find somefink on the web.....

Will this do?

http://www.jokewallpaper.com/elvisshotjfk/index.html

Yoda the flump
19-Mar-10, 23:58
Hail hails4 :)

at last, someone who can use their own head! rather than the other brainwashed kiddies on here...

Could he be one of THEM? Maybe he is trying to control you?

Phill
20-Mar-10, 00:02
Will this do?

http://www.jokewallpaper.com/elvisshotjfk/index.html

Bingo!

So it's true then.

Yoda the flump
20-Mar-10, 00:08
Spooky aint it!

JFK was 'The President' and Elvis was 'The King' :eek:

Phill
20-Mar-10, 00:11
Is this THEY, them that is, well THEM. Them being THEY, not they obviously, or them but them, no sorry THEM...THEY that is.

http://www.them.com (http://www.them.com/)

ducati
20-Mar-10, 00:26
Is this THEY, them that is, well THEM. Them being THEY, not they obviously, or them but them, no sorry THEM...THEY that is.

http://www.them.com

Remind me not to get THEM to embed my Linux design, THEM's web site sucks :roll:

Phill
20-Mar-10, 00:31
Remind me not to get THEM to embed my Linux design, THEM's web site sucks :roll:

Oh, it must be they then, oops, THEY:

http://www.they.com (http://www.they.com/)

Boozeburglar
20-Mar-10, 00:33
Look on the bright side, it would keep you amused on an otherwise dreary day, Fred.:Razz

That would be most every day I suspect.

;)

Metalattakk
20-Mar-10, 03:12
That would be most every day I suspect.

;)

Stop it, you bully!!

[lol]

northener
20-Mar-10, 15:34
Rap artists mentioning Freemasonry?

Good on the Rap artists, they're aways my first reference point for an intelligent insight into world power wielding and politics.........suprised they have time after a hard days mysogyny....

The rappers that is - not the Freemasons.

scotsboy
20-Mar-10, 16:07
Rap artists mentioning Freemasonry?

Good on the Rap artists, they're aways my first reference point for an intelligent insight into world power wielding and politics.........suprised they have time after a hard days mysoginy....

Its total nonsense Northerner..........everyone knows the Freemasons are a dance band from Brighton I believe.

Anyway, I understand the other Freemasons are not a secret society................but a society with secrets;)

ducati
20-Mar-10, 19:25
Its total nonsense Northerner..........everyone knows the Freemasons are a dance band from Brighton I believe.

Anyway, I understand the other Freemasons are not a secret society................but a society with secrets;)

If they were that secret the wouldn't have a bloomin' great lodge in every town on the planet ;)

northener
20-Mar-10, 20:21
If they were that secret the wouldn't have a bloomin' great lodge in every town on the planet ;)

Secret beavers?:eek:

ducati
20-Mar-10, 22:38
That's a whole different thread and not one for this forum [evil]

Phill
20-Mar-10, 22:49

Aye, but the secret is they don't have 'em anymore......ooops, did I just spill the beans.

Matthew
21-Mar-10, 14:26

Thoughts/Views?

Scorp

Did you even read the article you are referring to? It says he might be getting the authority to do it, but it doesn't say anything about him actually planning to close down the internet. The first paragraph of the article sums it up...

"The proposed bill would grant President Obama the authority to shut down public and private networks -- including the restriction of internet traffic -- as part of a cybersecurity emergency plan."

So if any case he will close the internet in emergencies... which can only be good, right? Even so, that would probably be temporary until the "emergency" is over. It's also more than likely he would only close down certain networks instead of the whole internet as I'm sure he is aware of the affect it would cause for businesses and people that are not trying to cause harm over the internet.

ducati
21-Mar-10, 14:32
Did you even read the article you are referring to? It says he might be getting the authority to do it, but it doesn't say anything about him actually planning to close down the internet. The first paragraph of the article sums it up...

"The proposed bill would grant President Obama the authority to shut down public and private networks -- including the restriction of internet traffic -- as part of a cybersecurity emergency plan."

So if any case he will close the internet in emergencies... which can only be good, right? Even so, that would probably be temporary until the "emergency" is over. It's also more than likely he would only close down certain networks instead of the whole internet as I'm sure he is aware of the affect it would cause for businesses and people that are not trying to cause harm over the internet.

No, Its much more fun to "jump to insane conclusions" :cool:

Yoda the flump
21-Mar-10, 14:37
No, Its much more fun to "jump to insane conclusions" :cool:

That's what THEY want you to think! :)

northener
21-Mar-10, 15:16
In Britain, Gordon Brown is to be given sweeping new powers to close down businesses across the country.

Uh, hang on...he's already doing that[lol]