PDA

View Full Version : Torridon

MusicWicker
28-Dec-09, 13:48
Torridon will be playing in the Blackstairs Lounge on Wed 30th December.

£2 on the door, sure to be a grand night, a must for all Tartan Army fans.
Get the colours on!

'In the few years since their inception, TORRIDON have built up a reputation for rocking venues throughout Scotland, including BARRAFEST, Runrig's BEAT THE DRUM & LOOPALLU Festivals and most recently huge performances at the IRONWORKS Inverness, ROCKNESS and Glagsow's O2 ACADEMY. Not only has their success seen their entertaining Folk/Rock sintilating perfomances stir up the nation in Scotland, Torridon have also had European succes with events in Ukraine, Italy and most notably PARIS, France. '

Aaldtimer
29-Dec-09, 03:43
I saw this duo in the Grove a couple of years ago...widna open the curtains tae watch them!
£2....way over-priced!:eek:

Jude
29-Dec-09, 15:07
Is there no lek 5 or 6 of them?

Aaldtimer
29-Dec-09, 16:17
Only two young lads when I saw them...around 25ish(agewise).

Douglas Cowie
30-Dec-09, 15:18
Jude is correct there are 6 in the band, see the link below. The drummer is Kenny Lyall (Junior) son of Kenny Lyall formerly of Wick Pipe Band and well known on the Caithness music scene.

Don't know who you saw Aaldtimer but this band get rave reviews and are a bargain at £2.00, once again poor Musicwicker gets in the neck for providing top entertainment at great prices.

http://www.torridonlive.com/About%20The%20Band.htm

Aaldtimer
30-Dec-09, 17:38
Having investigated their site it seems like the original duo has grown.
Had a listen to some of the samples here:- http://www.scotloads.co.uk/artist.php/Torridon/

it hasn't changed my original opinion.
I'm allowed to have one I suppose?:roll:

day old blues
30-Dec-09, 17:40
I saw this duo in the Grove a couple of years ago...widna open the curtains tae watch them!
£2....way over-priced!:eek:

twopound way over priced? thts a bit harsh £2 is nothing these days couldnt even get a pint for that so how can that be way over priced?

doyle
30-Dec-09, 20:12
Seen this band twice - brilliant!