PDA

View Full Version : weather ?

travelling man
28-Dec-09, 12:10
Just checked BBC weather forcast for Thurso (via Caithness Org) giving sunny intervals - looking out the window and its been snowing last few hours something not quite right

Loraine
28-Dec-09, 12:16
I didn't expect snow either but this website seems right http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/he_forecast_weather.html (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/he_forecast_weather.html)
and this one
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

tonkatojo
28-Dec-09, 12:16
Just checked BBC weather forcast for Thurso (via Caithness Org) giving sunny intervals - looking out the window and its been snowing last few hours something not quite right

What's new there then, they are only accurate south of Manchester and that's hit n miss. :(
Still its only licence fee money, easy come easy go !!.

Phill
28-Dec-09, 12:39
The met office were offering 30% chance of rain or snow.

But they can tun with that forecast for most of the year and be spot on.

I'll give you my forecast for the next 24hrs: it'll either rain or go dark in the next 24hrs.

Loraine
28-Dec-09, 12:41
I'll give you my forecast for the next 24hrs: it'll either rain or go dark in the next 24hrs.

LOL. You should be a weather forecaster!! :Razz

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 12:48
What a surprise i got when i woke up til snow! :eek: Didna expect it at all...and its been snowing for ages

Stack Rock
28-Dec-09, 13:05
What a surprise i got when i woke up til snow! :eek: Didna expect it at all...and its been snowing for ages

Come to tropical Week!!! :) The Met Office gave sunshine all day
BUT we've had light rain. :(

Jeid
28-Dec-09, 13:15
I've not long woken up... expecting more of the ice to have melted. Pretty sure I even dreamt it was all gone. Got a bit of a shocker when I looked out my window. :)

BINBOB
28-Dec-09, 15:01

Please make it go away................please ,Shelley!;)

Venture
28-Dec-09, 15:04

It's starting to snow very, very lightly in Wick now too.

Slightly off topic Shelley but what a little cutie you have there for your avatar. ;)

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 15:06
Please make it go away................please ,Shelley!;)

I wish Binbob ma friend!! I have been needin to go to the shop all day and there is no way i can get the pram through this! :eek:

Will just have to wait until the OH is oota bed from night shift and go on my own

Pouleriscaig
28-Dec-09, 15:12
Take it that will be us all stuck in our houses again, as despite the gritter drivers best efforts, there isn't enough of them.
Given most of the ice was not cleared after a week, thiswill just lie on top of it.
Probably Sandy Park will be suggesting we plough the roads and pavements ourselves next! Was it Edwina Currie who suggested we should knit ourselves woolen clothes? Was she an apologist for Highland Council too?[disgust]

BINBOB
28-Dec-09, 15:15
I wish Binbob ma friend!! I have been needin to go to the shop all day and there is no way i can get the pram through this! :eek:

Will just have to wait until the OH is oota bed from night shift and go on my own

I have been in the house since the start of this...had to take my basset to vet on boxing day[my wonderful neighbour drove us ther/back,skidding on the hill up to vet!!SCARY...]
Be very careful if u get out later....:D

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 15:18
It's starting to snow very, very lightly in Wick now too.

Slightly off topic Shelley but what a little cutie you have there for your avatar. ;)

Lol thank you. :) He is my pride and joy! :Razz

poppett
28-Dec-09, 16:23
Be careful if you venture to Frasers shop Shelley. Pavements are still icy and the snow on top has left dangerous traps to slide into. Front of shop although treated is slippy too. I am not long home from there and the pavements are so trecherous the pedestrians are walking down the road which although it has been treated is still very slippery. Even the 4x4`s are struggling in the side roads and the glebe is still like a bottle. Safer driving than walking tho`

Looking at the sky there is more snow to come.

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-09, 16:36
Be careful if you venture to Frasers shop Shelley. Pavements are still icy and the snow on top has left dangerous traps to slide into. Front of shop although treated is slippy too. I am not long home from there and the pavements are so trecherous the pedestrians are walking down the road which although it has been treated is still very slippery. Even the 4x4`s are struggling in the side roads and the glebe is still like a bottle. Safer driving than walking tho`

Looking at the sky there is more snow to come.

Thanks poppett i will take my time and be careful, if i fall then i fall. It wont be the first time :eek:

Do you know what time the shop closes anyway?

poppett
28-Dec-09, 16:52
Sorry Shelley, didn`t read the notice, but I would have thought normal trading hours today. You could always give them a call to enquire. Take care out there.

Tom Cornwall
30-Dec-09, 11:47

they've not got the weather right since I left the Office....:)

Venture
30-Dec-09, 11:54
Can we believe this one?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=2;type=free;ct=5022 ~Caithness%20County;sess=#forecast

Kodiak
30-Dec-09, 12:27

You see this is a forcast and you will see if you wait long enough they will be correct. Might not be until June or July but their forcast will be correct sometime, I think. :D

Tugmistress
30-Dec-09, 14:02
Well we are not saying goodbye to the snow in the next few days that's for sure.
cold, white and sometimes breezy with a bit of sunshine thrown in to fool us all :)

Dadie
31-Dec-09, 14:50
Whats the weather and roads to Inverness going to be like over the next few days?
Its planned for me to go to Raigmore on the 3rd but im having heebie jeebies about having to go down earlier (in labour) or getting stuck somewhere on the road or having to turn back!

BINBOB
31-Dec-09, 14:53
Whats the weather and roads to Inverness going to be like over the next few days?
Its planned for me to go to Raigmore on the 3rd but im having heebie jeebies about having to go down earlier (in labour) or getting stuck somewhere on the road or having to turn back!

Ohhhh,Dadie,poor u...really hope all goes well.Totally understand ur worries,will u not be able to give birth ,in Wick???Look forward to more news soon.Happy New Year!!!;)

catherine nicol
31-Dec-09, 15:03
I have checked 2 websites and they vary anyone able to tellme how roads and ice are up the Loch Calder end of the county? I was planning a bit of birdwatching there in the morning.

Thanks.

Stack Rock
01-Jan-10, 10:15
According to the weather stats this morning Wick and Kirkwall are in the top 3 warmest places in Britain this morning. Also the windiest.
Still feels b****y cold.
All the best for 2010.

Hoida
01-Jan-10, 14:50
Just spoke to two different sets of friends in Inverness one at Tore and one at Dorres and they had about 4inches of snow yesterday that was at Tore ,Dorres wasn't much better. Roads are not very good.