PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for Carrot and Orange Soup?

Lilly
27-Dec-09, 22:23
Does anyone have a recipe to share for Carrot and Orange Soup??
Thanks in advance

topotheuk
27-Dec-09, 22:42
I just put a wee bit butter in a pot, add a chopped onion, sweat for a couple o mins. Add roughly chopped carrots and cook on low for 5 mins. Add stock of your choice, and simmer for about 20 mins or until carrots are cooked. Blitz the carrots to smooth and add wine glass of orange juice. I sometimes also add some taragon.

Lilly
27-Dec-09, 23:11
Thanks you, sounds lovely!

woodend
28-Dec-09, 22:41
Sewat an onion and orange zest in olive oil or butter. Add good quantity of carrots and vegetable stock (I am afraid I do not do exact measurements). Whenn cooked liquidise or blend and add the juise of two oranges. When serving swirl some cream on each plate of the dished soup. Yummy!!

Truewoman
01-Jan-10, 17:37
Have just made some today, used following and tastes nice:

large onion diced, 600g carrots diced and clove of garlic crushed - all softened in pan with tablespoon of olive oil, added litre of veg stock (from knorr stock pots) and juice and zest of two/three clementines. simmered for 15mins then blitzed in blender. Can season with salt/pepper but had plenty flavour without.

Creme_Egg
18-Jan-10, 12:55
I always use the same base for every soup:

Onions
Leeks
Garlic

Then add ur carrots after being sweated, the best way to put a very orangy flavour in is to use Tropicana orange juice.

Add the stock first then the juice, simmer blitz and sieve season up and garnish with some carrot crisps and watercress.

Perfect come dine with me starter!!!!