PDA

View Full Version : Mock Hunt @ Reay

windynook
27-Dec-09, 18:02
Did the Mock hunt still go ahead today from Reay ?

If so was there a lot turned out for it ?

Loraine
27-Dec-09, 18:23
I was wondering about this too. Must still be a fair bit of snow - not the best conditions for cantering and jumping.

windynook
27-Dec-09, 18:44
That was my thoughts, that the ground would be to hard and the roads are still icy in areas.

wickchick
27-Dec-09, 19:08
I heard it was cancelled, dont know if it is true though.

veekay
27-Dec-09, 20:21
Shame it couldn't be a real one and rid us of some of the foxes!

BINBOB
27-Dec-09, 22:17
Shame it couldn't be a real one and rid us of some of the foxes!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.;)

topotheuk
27-Dec-09, 22:38
Was cancelled due to weather, (ground at Sandside was fine, but some folks couldlna get their boxes out their own drives) although the fields were open to anyone who might have turned up if they wanted to have a ride round. We went over a look (without the horses) but no-one else there. On way back from beach we passed two riders dressed for the hunt, but assume they just hacked down the beach as the hosts had left for home (although they spoke to the riders before they left). We then went up to Tam's shop and got some bargains :)

windynook
27-Dec-09, 22:45
Is it going to be re scheduled ?

Razz
27-Dec-09, 23:20
Apparently it has been rescheduled for the 31st January

windynook
28-Dec-09, 10:58
I hope it has been, as I am sure there was a lot of people looking forward to it.

divanp75
28-Dec-09, 11:05
Apparently it has been rescheduled for the 31st January

Hope not the 31st as I am working that day :(

Diane

Loraine
28-Dec-09, 11:24
Hopefully the snow and ice will be gone by then.... :roll:

topotheuk
28-Dec-09, 16:27
Tamara said yesterday that they were going for 31st Jan as this is the next BHS date. An email should be going out soon to confirm.

divanp75
28-Dec-09, 16:51
Tamara said yesterday that they were going for 31st Jan as this is the next BHS date. An email should be going out soon to confirm.

Actually just checked 31st Jan is great for me. :):)

Lorna H
30-Dec-09, 19:03
I was one of the two riders who turned up for the hunt. I keep my horse in reay so it wasnt to much bother getting there. it was slightly icey, had defrosted well though. We had a lovely hack down the beach instead :)

Hunt is on for the 31st of Jan.
More than 60 horse and riders have been estimated to attend :)