PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Passwords

SAMITCHELL7
27-Dec-09, 17:57
Would anyone be able to recommend a solution for Windows Vista password recovery as i have forgotten my admin password .......any help would be a help Thanks

Bobinovich
27-Dec-09, 18:43
I have a boot CD which allows the resetting of XP / Vista passwords (should be useable on Win 7 as well but not required to do so yet), however it's not something I'd recommend a for an inexperienced user to use.

If you feel competent enough to try it, or you've no other option / no-one else to turn to then you can get it here (http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/)

SAMITCHELL7
27-Dec-09, 19:14
Thank you bob but i cant get it as i am the Administrator on the account and its that password i have forgotten.........silly me i have come on to the org on the kids accounts, and it needs permission from guess who......the administrator.......thanks anyway for your help.

Bobinovich
27-Dec-09, 21:58
You'll need to download it onto another PC then if it's not letting you while in the kids account, and then burn a boot CD with the files on it. Once you've done that you can boot to the CD and follow the instructions on the site to remove any administrator password.

dx100uk
28-Dec-09, 01:06
or you could try hitting F8 at boot up and go into safemode.
that should bring up the administrator [hidden] account.
that password is typically blank, and then change your password under control panel/users

dx

EDDIE
28-Dec-09, 09:13
Have you read this link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/What-to-do-if-you-forget-your-Windows-password

My password for windows on the start up is password so its easy to remember and im not really bothered who knows it .

It looks as if you are just going to have to put in your recovery disk and reinstall to fix it have you got any important files you dont want to lose
The reason im saying this windows password only works in the boot up process if you had valuble files you want you just remove the hardrive and hook it up to an external ide usb cable and then u can access to the hardrive of another computer to transfer files.

SAMITCHELL7
28-Dec-09, 23:59
Bobinivich thank you very much for all your help with getting my password sorted, every thing is now running a ok. I am now making a password reset disk as i should have done in the first place.......................Thanks again BOB

Bobinovich
29-Dec-09, 00:21
Excellent, well done and am glad to have helped.