PDA

View Full Version : Grave Look Up

cathy.wilson35
27-Dec-09, 17:42
Would it be possible for anyone in the Orlig area to look up two graves in the cemetery and take a photo for me please.

Its John George Campbell (1890-1963), apparently he is buried right next to his wife Isabella Bain Campbell nee. Downie (1897-1960).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loafer
31-Dec-09, 15:07
Would it be possible for anyone in the Orlig area to look up two graves in the cemetery and take a photo for me please.

Its John George Campbell (1890-1963), apparently he is buried right next to his wife Isabella Bain Campbell nee. Downie (1897-1960).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi cathy

I am not often out there, but I do have reason to go. When (or should that be if??!) the weather let's up, I will do my best to get the pictures for you.

The Loafer

doyle
03-Jan-10, 00:33
I went up today, with your information and camera in hand, but unfortunately I couldn't find the 2 graves you mentioned. I don't know if you know there are 3 parts to Olrig cemetery, I searched the whole of the old cemetery and the first part of the new cemetery. I will go back up and try again for you. Some of the stones were difficult to read so I will take a closer look at them, and also take a look in the oldest part for you.

cathy.wilson35
03-Jan-10, 01:32
Thank you both for your help - i didn't know there were three parts to the cemetery - i was only told that my great grandparents were buried in Orlig cemetery - in theory the headstones should be in relatively good condition seeming they were erected in the 60's - well i hope so - Thanks again for your help.

Cathy

doyle
03-Jan-10, 20:08
I thought that they would have been in reasonable condition and readable as well. I thought I would have been able to find them for you. I went back up today and checked even in the oldest part (which I didn't think they would be anyway), and also went through the older part again but i'm afraid to no avail. I will go up again for you and take my hubby with me this time, just in case I am missing it. If they are there, I would really like to be able to find them for you.

cathy.wilson35
03-Jan-10, 20:56
Thank you for trying for me. i know how difficult it is to find graves - been trying to find some in the grave yard where i live where i know certain people are buried and can't find them for the life of me. i am really greatful for all your help.

cathy.wilson35
03-Jan-10, 21:08
ooh just been asked if it was Orlig, Castletown cemetery i am referring too, and yes it is - sorry i didn't mention it before did realise there was more than one orlig's