PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear..

celtic1888
27-Dec-09, 14:41
Just as i posted the other day that i was being careful on the roads..
slipped off the road yesterday at the harbour, went up over a kerb and damaged my wheel .. gutted.. new wheel needed.. it had to happen sometime.. good job there wasnt any lamp posts or walls about...

bish667
27-Dec-09, 17:43
Your lucky yours was only a wheel you damaged ;)

Vistravi
27-Dec-09, 21:49
One of my workmates husband while driving lost control on black ice and stopped about a inch from a bus stop! He'd only been driving at 10 mph but he applied the breaks and abs kicked in now all four wheels are buckled and hanging off :eek: Luckily their insurance will cover it and will only cost them an additonal £100. Hopefully not too much more but the alloys are beyond help and insurance company won't replace them. Hopefully they get it sorted out without too much more expense.

Glad you're ok and it was just one tyre. Could've been a write off and a prolonged hospital trip for you.

brandy
27-Dec-09, 21:53
good thing you didnt go in the harbour!!! so glad that you are safe and sound! and dont worry thats what insurance is for!!! cars can always be replaced or repaired you cant! *G* and hugs!! be safe!!

celtic1888
27-Dec-09, 22:12
yeh thanks im all goood..
gotta take the car to the garage tomorrow..again..theres somethin rattlin under tha car now..
silly black ice and high kerb..

is it even worth getting in touch with my insurance company for it?!

brandy
27-Dec-09, 23:17
depends on how much its gonna cost to fix i think!

shazzap
27-Dec-09, 23:21
I parked up at the harbour today waiting for OH, i also skid slightly it is treacherous down there.

Vistravi
27-Dec-09, 23:28
I wouldn't. My partner said that if it is just the wheel you'll only end up paying through the nose and is not worthit. Also don't go to a dealership as they will charge you more than its worth.

For alloy replacements you can go to www.breakeryard.com (http://www.breakeryard.com) the expensive but quick way to get a replacement fast. If it is a steeley Evanton can provide you with one. It may also be cheaper to get a new set through ebay or scot ads. The last set of wheels my partner bought for his car came from ebay. Four alloys plus tyres cost him £160. Dealership will charge you £150 to 200 for one wheel and alloy depending on car model.