PDA

View Full Version : new years eve live

Tom Cornwall
27-Dec-09, 12:19
are there going to be any live pictures beamed from the market square this year on new years eve...I would like to have a look to see if any-one we know has ventured out...

bettedaviseyes
27-Dec-09, 13:51
they had it last year i was looking forward to watching it but to be honest was left disappointed its very very very slow and hard to make out anyone i hope its better this year if they have it will have a look.

Camra
28-Dec-09, 14:12
I understand there will be a web cam again this year. Dont know about quality yet.

Mr P Cannop
30-Dec-09, 16:52
does anyone know if there will be a live webcam for new year in wick ??

octane
30-Dec-09, 17:11
same cam as last year.....it aint no tv broadcasting station so whinging about it makes no difference so just be grateful that there doing all they can with the limited resources the committee has.....helpers/fundraisers/finance etc etc.

Its in a fixed point and will refresh a snapshot every "x-seconds". As far as Im aware someone is gonna be recording it with a camcorder for viewing at a later date.

Also the existing commitee whom have been active for 10 years are considering standing down after this years party so make the most of it as it could be the last one unless fresh faces volunteer to continue the good work that they've done for the community over the decade.

Mr P Cannop
30-Dec-09, 17:28
i might do this next year to help you all out for the thurso or wick one ??