PDA

View Full Version : Guns N Roses Tribute...

Jeid
27-Apr-06, 13:22
Guns N Roses tribute band Lose Your Illusion are playing in Skinandi's this Sunday night. Tickets are available in advance from the Central now for £8 or if you fancy paying an extra couple of quid on the night, its £10 at the door.

Over 18's only I'm afraid.

Most people are off on Monday, so dust off the leather and rock out!

Also, before people moan about the price, Brian never set it, its all down to the band.

Naefearjustbeer
27-Apr-06, 14:21
I have my ticket in front of me and it quotes over 16s only

Jeid
27-Apr-06, 14:45
My bad, I never looked at the tickets at work the other day.

As the man says then... over 16's only :D

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Apr-06, 16:16
Lose Your Illusion are charging that price because they can. When they played the Three Tuns, in Edinburgh, recently, they were charging £4, and the venue itself was about the size of the Sports bar in the Viewfirth. Now they're playing Skinandis? At what - £8/ £10? That tells you (me anyway) that most bands who travel to Caithness to play figure the locals there don't get much in the way of live music from towns and cities outwith the highlands(the "flying-in-all-the-way-from..." effect) hence they feel people will turn up in droves, happy to pay out top dollar for a band, that, given their creedance, certainly isn't worth that amount of money to see. Then again, a drag artist, dressed in tigerskin clothing, managed to sell the place out for a Shania Twain tribute show. Go figure.

Lose Your Illusion by the way are a very average band. Boss Hogg, I'll admit, would wipe the floor with them. THEY'D be better off putting on a G'N'R tribute show.

Naefearjustbeer
27-Apr-06, 16:29
would the extra £4 a head cover the extra cost of fuel to get to the north LOL

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Apr-06, 17:25
From Edinburgh to Thurso (both ways) it's roughly £60 in petrol. But do we know if the band are recouping the entire door money? I'd like to think so, but I doubt it. For this kind of gig I'd expect them to have been paid a fee. Just because a band comes all the way from south of Inverness doesn't neccessarily mean they should charge more money to be seen. Who knows. Anyway, if you're going along, enjoy the show.

Jeid
27-Apr-06, 19:15
Speculating gets nowhere, could just ask ;) The band are actually recouping all of the money from the door. They're doing it, Skins is just gonna be making the money over the bar. Brian actually tried to get AB\CD back up(they were awesome!) but they weren't available. The guy said we could get this lot instead cos they were on a holiday that week or something and fancied travelling up. They would take the door taking as Brian apparently couldn't afford them.

I would of preferred AB\CD... but can't really complain.