PDA

View Full Version : Gritters / Thanks Gritters

supernova
26-Dec-09, 12:54
Would just like to say a big thank you to all the gritter drivers who were out overnight on Christmas eve. I was so relieved getting home from Inverness on Christmas morning after my night shifts and I think we all owe them our gratitude for the hard work they do at all hours of day and night. THANK YOU BOYS!

achingale
26-Dec-09, 14:43
Me too. They do a great job. Thanks guys for keeping us safe in this wintry weather.

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 21:44
A big thank you for the gritters! Without them no one would be able to go anywhere.

bingo1
27-Dec-09, 00:10
Yea thankyou for not gritting our street at all this season and thankyou i slipped and dislocated ma knee an lay on e ice 40 mins waiting for e ambulance, Merry Christmas.

Serenity
27-Dec-09, 01:28
As much as I feel sorry for your fall and hope it is better soon, it is unrealistic for gritters to get EVERYWHERE. And yes I have fallen as well (not badly luckily).

debs
27-Dec-09, 14:42
wish the gritter would come up my street as ive had to park at the bottom of the hill, 3 times in the last week not good

robbie_roost
27-Dec-09, 16:35
Does anybody know if the gritters are in operation on monday the 28th and to what time?????

thanks

Venture
27-Dec-09, 16:43
This link should be able to help.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourenvironment/roadsandtransport/wintermaintenance/gritting/

weeksider
27-Dec-09, 19:27
The young looking chap in the gritter in town this morning was very helpful [lol]

Fran
28-Dec-09, 01:11
I would like to thank the gritters who came to my street very quickly today and gritted it and the pavement when I needed to get out and away quickly.

DIH
28-Dec-09, 12:17
The council gritters were out at 7am today and are probably going to be out for most of the day.