PDA

View Full Version : Ice

flowertot
26-Dec-09, 11:35
Be careful out there today, the roads are like skating rinks.

I live in Thurso and every car/van that has passed down the street as been skidding all over the place.

Take care and be safe ;)

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 12:37
Nice and sunny here at the moment. Makes a change from all the rain weve had.

bettedaviseyes
26-Dec-09, 12:38
my sister lives in thurso last night she slipped on the ice dislocated her knee lay on the ice for about 40mins trying to put it back in but in the end her boyfriend called for an ambulance she said she has not seen a gritter up high ormile and its like a bottle outside with ice i feel for the old folk who will be scared to go outside.

bekisman
26-Dec-09, 14:11
Coming back from Thurso last night at about 11pm nearly lost it at Drum Holliston between Reay and Melvich, temp (according to car) was 3 above, we had passed that way two hours before and it was thawing. But took a bend and hit what must have been black ice, put the willies up me I can say, very nearly had the car in the ditch.. a very thin sheen of ice had formed on one side of the road where the camber had taken it.. phew.. (and nope, was not driving fast, and nope I'm tee total)

dragonfly
26-Dec-09, 15:17
its terrible, we took 2 hours and about a tonne of sand from the pile at naver to get our car out of the garages!

good job we were wearing THESE (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.432206) as able to break up ice in front of car without falling all over the place

well worth the money in these conditions

brandy
26-Dec-09, 15:40
hmmm what like is the lyth road, heading out that way in the morning. fingers crossed it wont be to bad

dragonfly
26-Dec-09, 16:29
the roads are fine Brandy its the paths that are terrible, here in Thurso anyway

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 16:34
its terrible, we took 2 hours and about a tonne of sand from the pile at naver to get our car out of the garages!

good job we were wearing THESE (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.432206) as able to break up ice in front of car without falling all over the place

well worth the money in these conditions

May just get a set of those for my boots for when the snow in ness goes to ice as when it does i wasn't going to walk to work as don't want to fall and risk harm to my unborn baby. Was up in thurso for christmas day and it was so scary. Sliding everywhere in my most grippy and reliable boots.

Ash
26-Dec-09, 17:21
the pavement outside our house in wilson street is gritted but the road is awful, husband slipped today and badly bruised is shoulder and elbow!

bettedaviseyes
26-Dec-09, 17:43
hmmm what like is the lyth road, heading out that way in the morning. fingers crossed it wont be to bad

hope so too have safe journey:)

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-09, 18:50
Mega icy!! was walkin round til ma mums earlier and stopped for a second til sort athruns hat, fell on ma arse! :eek: Well nobody was there til see it but e bairn had a good laugh at me!! :lol:

poppett
26-Dec-09, 22:29
The glebe is pure ice tonight, roads and pavements.

bingo1
26-Dec-09, 23:36
my sister lives in thurso last night she slipped on the ice dislocated her knee lay on the ice for about 40mins trying to put it back in but in the end her boyfriend called for an ambulance she said she has not seen a gritter up high ormile and its like a bottle outside with ice i feel for the old folk who will be scared to go outside.
Thanks for sharing that with everyone lol, in saying that it is a disgrace the gritter has not been in my street the whole season and low and behold im limping lol. A cople of guys who live in the area got grit and gritted the street theirselves today sick o waitng for the gritter and a few skeeds in e car and a few injuries later lol.

Mr P Cannop
27-Dec-09, 11:09
thurso is like an ice rink

golach
27-Dec-09, 12:25
Just heard on the radio, the A9 between Dunblane and Perth has been closed, the M90 is closed between junctions 8 & 9, and all trains to Inverness have been halted, all because of heavy snow in and around the Perth area, now who was it that was shouting for snow? :(

Check the road conditions here
http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

brandy
27-Dec-09, 15:08
owww like a bottle outside today.. went to lyth and the lyth road is just ice covered snow. all you can see is white.
slick and slidy outside my house.. and all the pavements are really slidy in wick. the temp seems to be rising and dropping like mad.. what do you think of all this tugs?

Gronnuck
27-Dec-09, 15:38
:eek: Please folks unless your journey is absolutely essential stay at home. If you really must go out take special care and be safe. :eek:
. . .and a guid new year tae yin an' aww.