PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-09, 10:42
Last night i was getting so angry. Someone just down the street from me set off alot of fireworks at about midnight. [evil]

Athrun woke up screaming so i assume he got a fright from them.

By the time i had decided to get u to go see who it was they had stopped. Ragin!! [evil]

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 11:03
maybe it was santas sleigh back firing,, then again maybe not, fireworks have a time and a place, november the 5th at about 9pm,

Amy-Winehouse
26-Dec-09, 11:04
They`ll be goin off next Thursday night as well, around 11-59pm , shame they woke yer bairn up though- some folk have no consideration

DRM
26-Dec-09, 11:19
Where was the Fireworks??

dragonfly
26-Dec-09, 11:20
woke me too Shelly and I'm by the high school, I thought it was one of my neighbours as I could hear the crackling sounds of the rockets but if you could hear it by Frasers they must have been really loud. I was too tired to get out of bed to see who/where

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-09, 11:29
I understand there will be fireworks next week for the new year but i didna expect it last night after midnight! Went on til about 12.30. [evil]

It was definetely someone on my street because when i looked out my bedroom window i could see them just around the corner.

If the street was asked if it was ok then that would be fine, because i would have said NO! :lol:

Its all fine and well but we have a few kids on this street anyway. Not nice at all.

glenniepup
26-Dec-09, 11:34
yep woke my wee boy as well, had to hold his paw all night cos he got a gluff to [evil] not much room in my bed for me and dog and besides his breath stinks!!!!

jings00
26-Dec-09, 13:19
i'm in east church street and it sounded pretty near to me. luckily my dog isn't bothered, but my sister lives up by naver, and hers were under the couch.
ban them, ban them all i say.
wait, that should be
hang em, hang em all
:-)

Liz
26-Dec-09, 14:16
Why on earth does someone need to set off fireworks at Christmas for and at such a stupid hour?![evil]

I hate the flipping things as they are sooooo loud and it would be especially bad on a quet, frosty night as the sound would richochet off the buildings.

Poor Athrun and poor Glenniepup's wee dog.:(

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 14:21
Last night i was getting so angry. Someone just down the street from me set off alot of fireworks at about midnight. [evil]

Athrun woke up screaming so i assume he got a fright from them.

By the time i had decided to get u to go see who it was they had stopped. Ragin!! [evil]

Poor wee man. Thankfully a cuddle from mum and dad always seems to make things better.

I hate it when people are so inconsiderate like that! Do these people care about anyone else but themselves?! [evil]

upolian
26-Dec-09, 14:45
maybe it was santas sleigh back firing,, then again maybe not, fireworks have a time and a place, november the 5th at about 9pm,

aye a heard it was overfuelling may need a fine tune up [lol]

buggyracer
26-Dec-09, 14:47
i heard them also at ten past twelve :roll:

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 15:56
Is it true that no one is allowed to set off fireworks after 11.30 and before 7am unless it is new year or the 5th of november? :confused

cullpacket
26-Dec-09, 16:07
It was the cull next door!! Ma Morte was at pissed she heard nada it was quite handy I didna have to put the light on when i went for a pish!!

rumpelstiltskin
26-Dec-09, 16:42
It was Douglas Fraser at the top of duncan street.He does it nearly every year.

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 16:51
yep woke my wee boy as well, had to hold his paw all night cos he got a gluff to [evil] not much room in my bed for me and dog and besides his breath stinks!!!!

atleast he sleeps facing you could be worse, everything could have went bottoms up and the smell may have worse,

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 16:52
aye a heard it was overfuelling may need a fine tune up [lol]

and a valet may be some work in it for you

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 16:54

ahhhh dougie fraser should have known it wiz him, always the same, getting folks out the bed afore they need to be, o well atleast nobody slept in,

sorry for askin but who is dougie fraser ????

dragonfly
26-Dec-09, 16:56

yes, I just found that out too

there you go Shelley, nip round to his shop and set the alarms off tonight, that will get him out of his bed :lol:

rumpelstiltskin
26-Dec-09, 16:56
The guy that own's Fraser's shop on castlegreen road.

Loraine
26-Dec-09, 17:15
Thankfully I was sound asleep so the fireworks didnt disturb me. But they did wake my OH. It's not New Year's Eve for another 5 days yet!! :roll:

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 17:16
The guy that own's Fraser's shop on castlegreen road.

o am fae week so a widna ken him, but on all accounts he`s no very popular today then

go get him shelley and gie him a piece o yer mind,

kas
26-Dec-09, 17:19
Not only fireworks causing trouble last night. the lifeboat was called out for orange lights in the bay which were almost certainly the chinese lanterns we saw at various times throughout the evening.

Billy Boy
26-Dec-09, 17:20

A old saying spring's to mind! More money than sense :eek:

dragonfly
26-Dec-09, 18:28
Not only fireworks causing trouble last night. the lifeboat was called out for orange lights in the bay which were almost certainly the chinese lanterns we saw at various times throughout the evening.

cheers Kas, that clears up my UFO suggestions when we saw them from our living room window, knew it wasn't flares but couldn't work out what they would be - less noisy than fireworks but poor lifeboat guys being called out for them

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 08:36
i'm in east church street and it sounded pretty near to me. luckily my dog isn't bothered, but my sister lives up by naver, and hers were under the couch.
ban them, ban them all i say.
wait, that should be
hang em, hang em all
:-)

hey hey stop thief, dont let him get away, trip him up, hold him down,

thats my saying how very very dare you steal me line,

abeit your right of course

Iffy
27-Dec-09, 11:35

Well Riggerboy, you've nicked my line (check signature)..........!!!:lol::lol:

coppertop 1958
27-Dec-09, 11:37
"NAMED" and "SHAMED" oh you have done that ......

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 11:43

Well Riggerboy, you've nicked my line (check signature)..........!!!:lol::lol:

no no no iffy your signature is a very old saying and can be picked up and used by all however you ask folks on here who owns the hang em hang em hang em saying i think you`ll find i made it up so it belongs to me, how ever if you grovel and say sorry a hundred times i may find it in my heart to reprieve you from the noose and let you live a while longer,

Iffy
27-Dec-09, 11:55
"Sorry" x 100 !! ;)
OK Riggerboy, take the noose away NOW.........OOOWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEE..............

riggerboy
27-Dec-09, 11:57
"Sorry" x 100 !! ;)
OK Riggerboy, take the noose away NOW.........OOOWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEE..............

you have been forgive go forth and enjoy your new found freedom

Bazeye
28-Dec-09, 13:50
They cant have been that loud,surely. I didnt hear a thing.

northener
28-Dec-09, 14:19
They cant have been that loud,surely. I didnt hear a thing.

You must have had the window shut, then.:Razz