PDA

View Full Version : A9 road

Vistravi
25-Dec-09, 22:28
Travelled up the A9 last night to spent christmas with our family. We took extra clothes, duvet and sleeping bags just in case we ended up stranded. Got there in 3 hours and then got stuck in a icy parking space outside my friend's house in spring park! The A9 was very clear and only had a slight dodgy bit at helmsdale and my partner took berridale very carefully.

A lovely time was spent with our family all together under the same roof, my stepdad laughing at the amount of roast potatoes on my plate. I love roast potatoes! We left around 7 and got home safe as roads were clear and not icy.

Got back to ness and there had been another shower of snow which i suppose is good as couldn't walk up north due to how icy it was. Only a matter of time though untill ness gets it and then i'm not walking to work and risking damaging myself and harming our baby who today has decided that poking and prodding is much more fun than kicking! what a funny bairn lol.

I'm so happy we got up to see everyone and hope that everyone had a good christmas too.

unicorn
25-Dec-09, 22:32
The ice in some areas of springpark is awful, I was at mums and just kept sliding back down their cul de sac trying to get home. Thank god for fences [lol]

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 12:15
The ice in some areas of springpark is awful, I was at mums and just kept sliding back down their cul de sac trying to get home. Thank god for fences [lol]

Otherwise youd have to get rid of the stuff yourself eh.

riggerboy
26-Dec-09, 12:21
Otherwise youd have to get rid of the stuff yourself eh.

you just got a vote on the who makes you laugh on the org for that 1

flash
26-Dec-09, 12:30
I just got that lol

poppett
26-Dec-09, 12:41
Springpark road and path gritting has been just awful. At the sheltered houses the car park between Angus Court and Oldfield court is like an ice rink, and the paths and steps yesterday were under 6" of ice. A kind gentleman with a spade helped to break up enough ice to get dad rescued to go for his christmas lunch and we had taken over rock salt ourselves as I had fallen three times over there last week.

Council say old folk are not a priority, but in an emergency an ambulance would have struggled to get access last week.

I have repeatedly asked for a sand box both at the sheltered housing and for where we live on a steep hill with a sharp corner that untreated (as the road is for the plough doesn`t come into the scheme) is lethal with cars slipping back out of control, but the council say there is no need for it.

Bazeye
26-Dec-09, 12:53
Springpark road and path gritting has been just awful. At the sheltered houses the car park between Angus Court and Oldfield court is like an ice rink, and the paths and steps yesterday were under 6" of ice. A kind gentleman with a spade helped to break up enough ice to get dad rescued to go for his christmas lunch and we had taken over rock salt ourselves as I had fallen three times over there last week.

Council say old folk are not a priority, but in an emergency an ambulance would have struggled to get access last week.

I have repeatedly asked for a sand box both at the sheltered housing and for where we live on a steep hill with a sharp corner that untreated (as the road is for the plough doesn`t come into the scheme) is lethal with cars slipping back out of control, but the council say there is no need for it.

Old folk arent a priority??? Thats typical. Weve got a similar council here.

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 14:27
Old folk arent a priority??? Thats typical. Weve got a similar council here.

It's a disgrace to leave the roads as dangerous as they are!

My friend lives with her parents atm and her mum is disabled and hasn't been able to get out and about much due to the ice but the council won't do anything about the ice [evil] It makes the blood boil!

badger
26-Dec-09, 17:56
Travelled up the A9 last night to spent christmas with our family. We took extra clothes, duvet and sleeping bags just in case we ended up stranded. Got there in 3 hours and then got stuck in a icy parking space outside my friend's house in spring park! The A9 was very clear and only had a slight dodgy bit at helmsdale and my partner took berridale very carefully............

So glad you got up and back safely. Very brave of you! Glad baby enjoyed it too, sounds like a lively one :) .

octane
26-Dec-09, 18:37
whats the A9 like at the moment from Wick down to Perth. I fancy a run on the Bike so I can try out my new thermals

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 21:05
So glad you got up and back safely. Very brave of you! Glad baby enjoyed it too, sounds like a lively one :) .

Oh that it is! I think its more awake then asleep most of the time hence why i can't sleep i think. The baby spent the whole journey each way poking me and moving about. It either hates travelling or loves it. Shall see when we travel up north with him/her when they are old enough. It is a odd child :lol: Very much like his/her dad then!

We checked out the weather reports looked at the travel scotland site and decided to try. We went prepared if we got stuck just in case. Thankfully we didn't need it. :)

Venture
26-Dec-09, 21:19
Glad you got up and back safe and sound Vistravi. Is there any snow in Inverness and any idea what the roads round about are like? I have family travelling to Huntly tomorrow.

Boozeburglar
26-Dec-09, 21:26
Inverness off the beaten track is still bad, main roads clear but subject to icy slush.

Dadie
26-Dec-09, 21:26
Its because you are sitting doing nothing much that you notice all the movements and little jabs that you wouldnt notice when you are busy!

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 21:28
The main roads in ness and just outside are clear but i'd be wary of ice as it was very cold today. It is bad around the estates of inverness as the estate roads aren't very well gritted. Our road is going to turn into a ice rink soon once it stops snowing.
The snow hasn't started to melt where the gritters haven't been.

As long as your family take it steady and easy they should be ok Venture

Vistravi
26-Dec-09, 21:30
Its because you are sitting doing nothing much that you notice all the movements and little jabs that you wouldnt notice when you are busy!

The wee monkey is the same when i'm busy. It likes to make its presence known at all times!

Dadie
26-Dec-09, 21:40
I seem to have a foot constantly under my ribs at the moment... it only stops to change leg and to poke me in the bladder with an elbow:eek:
Lauren didnt get her prediction right thank goodness but she gave me a sleepless christmas eve!
Mummy having baby tommorrow, in shed, with cows and lambys (sheep) yes!
Was the odd conversation I had with her as she trashed the nativity scene:lol:

Im not looking forward to the journey down to Inverness if it goes as "planned" by the docs on the 3rd to be induced on the 4th as I would have had my other 2 by now it could be a rush to Inverness anytime ...which would be worse!

Venture
26-Dec-09, 21:41
Inverness off the beaten track is still bad, main roads clear but subject to icy slush.

The main roads in ness and just outside are clear but i'd be wary of ice as it was very cold today. It is bad around the estates of inverness as the estate roads are very well gritted. Our road is going to turn into a ice rink soon once it stops snowing.
The snow hasn't started to melt where the gritters haven't been.

As long as your family take it steady and easy they should be ok Venture

Thanks both.;)