PDA

View Full Version : Why us????

krackenkid
25-Dec-09, 12:00
As we are all aware it's VERY slippy out just now with the snow, so i contacted the council as to why they had not gritted my COUNCIL MAINTAINED road, nothing was done, we are rarely receiving post or getting our bins emptied due to the condition of the road,
so i awoke the other morning to find several piles of grit along the road, yes this is good, but do they expect me to grit it???? or my parents who are both disabled??????!!!!!!!!! i'm totally and utterly disgusted with the council, they can go into the cemetary and grit the roads, why can't they come down my road?? i'm extremely mad about this and will be having a few words as soon as they are open!!

Rant over merry christmas all!:lol:

bettedaviseyes
25-Dec-09, 12:35
The cheek of it i dont blame you for being mad i would too makes you wonder why we pay council tax grrrrrr.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

upolian
25-Dec-09, 13:17
thats insane,bit cheeky that? suprised they didnt leave a shovel to spread,fools.

merry xmas;)

mrjolly
25-Dec-09, 13:38
As we are all aware it's VERY slippy out just now with the snow, so i contacted the council as to why they had not gritted my COUNCIL MAINTAINED road, nothing was done, we are rarely receiving post or getting our bins emptied due to the condition of the road,
so i awoke the other morning to find several piles of grit along the road, yes this is good, but do they expect me to grit it???? or my parents who are both disabled??????!!!!!!!!! i'm totally and utterly disgusted with the council, they can go into the cemetary and grit the roads, why can't they come down my road?? i'm extremely mad about this and will be having a few words as soon as they are open!!

Rant over merry christmas all!:lol:the only way for the council to take notice is to contact the chief ex in inverness. phone email and write i can say from experience they will act.

Mik.M.
25-Dec-09, 13:54
thats insane,bit cheeky that? suprised they didnt leave a shovel to spread,fools.

merry xmas;)
You have to provide your own shovel due to council cutbacks.:lol:

Bazeye
25-Dec-09, 14:04

Then theyd bill you for the grit.

upolian
25-Dec-09, 14:46

the postman probably delivered it!!

Fran
26-Dec-09, 01:30
Well i went inot the cemetry today and it certainly hadnt been gritted at all, i couldnt even get out of the car which upset me, so will go on skis tomorrow.!!

Ricco
26-Dec-09, 10:22
Our road has never been cleared or gritted and it bacame extremely slippery... so did the pavements. In the end a number of us went out armed with shovels and cleared the pavements ourselves. What on earth are council taxes for?? Oh yes, to help pay for tax-dodging, expense claiming MPs! [evil]

krackenkid
26-Dec-09, 11:41
thanks everyone for your support and advice, will be contacting the big wig in inverness asap, i'm so angry i have gritted some of the road but i couldn't do it all, it's insane!!

AfternoonDelight
26-Dec-09, 17:25
Our road has never been cleared or gritted and it bacame extremely slippery... so did the pavements. In the end a number of us went out armed with shovels and cleared the pavements ourselves. What on earth are council taxes for?? Oh yes, to help pay for tax-dodging, expense claiming MPs! [evil]

The council tax has nothing to do with MP's - thats the tax on EVERYTHING else! Councillor's expenses maybe...

upolian
26-Dec-09, 18:50
seriously bad times having to grit a road yourself,kick up fuss when you get hold of them

bingo1
27-Dec-09, 00:18
Guys in my street had to grit the road an paths today as the gritters have not been here i am so so angry. I slipped lastnight on the ice and dislocated my knee i was freezing i lay there for ages then spent christmas night in hospital. The whole of ormlie is like a flaming bottle.

unicorn
27-Dec-09, 01:05
My bro took a wheelbarrow today and picked up grit at top of road in a box and gritted my mums area himself after the gritter stopped, looked and drove on.
Wish he had done it yesterday when I had to walk along it [lol]
I cleared our pavement yesterday morning but slippy as heck again tonight.

Kevin Milkins
27-Dec-09, 07:28
It's interesting and unusual to have two threads, one ripping the council and gritters to bits, and one giving them praise for there hard work and dedication.:confused

The weather at the moment is rare (even Lidl and Tesco run out of salt before Christmas) and it has been a long time since we have had such a long sustained period of frost and black ice that seems to change by the hour. :eek:

I am not that steady on my feet when it comes to ice, but have just about managed to stay upright, so my advice to anyone that is considering a trip out is,.......... DONT.....:eek: