PDA

View Full Version : Flight over Caithness/Flying lesson

cjb
23-Dec-09, 18:25
Does anyone know if there is anyone who does this from Wick Airport?
My mum (in her 80's) has decided she'd like to give my dad (70's) this for Christmas. I seem to remember something about this in the Groat ages ago.
Can any orger help please?:roll:

Fstevens
23-Dec-09, 19:11
Sorry to say but my husband was told the Gentleman who used to do it, no longer does it. Less things have changed since the summer when he had his last flying lesson.

Kirdon
23-Dec-09, 19:18
Does anyone know if there is anyone who does this from Wick Airport?
My mum (in her 80's) has decided she'd like to give my dad (70's) this for Christmas. I seem to remember something about this in the Groat ages ago.
Can any orger help please?:roll:

Farr north used to do it. don't know if they still do. think their number was 01955602001.

bekisman
23-Dec-09, 19:21
This might be what you want?: http://www.gojagair.co.uk/helicopter-tours/tour-detail.asp?tourID=87

20 mins for £60

Bruce_H
23-Dec-09, 20:25
Fantastic link, thanks for sending it on. I am looking to do some aerial photography over southern Caithness next summer, and these guys could be just the ticket.

Bruce

Phill
23-Dec-09, 22:04
Check the T&C's with this outfit. This is not a good a deal as you may think.

A better idea would be to club together with a couple of friends and get a wee plane for a an hour or two and go where you want.

cjb
24-Dec-09, 18:49
Thanks to all who have tried to help.
Sadly Far North aviation have stopped doing flights for gifts and I've been advised by Andrew, the guy who runs it, that due to regulations you cannot hire a plane unless you are part of a company or business with a licence to do so. it all sounds a bit complicated so I may not have got this exactly right! But I don't think clubbing together is the answer, but I'd be interested if anyone has managed to do this.
Also got this link to helicopter flights on my items wanted post, so I'll give them a go, let me know Bruce if it is good if you go ahead
All the best to you all and thanks again:D