PDA

View Full Version : Home for Christmas.

cuddlepop
23-Dec-09, 16:12
With the weather being as bad as it is I'm sure alot of people will not make it home this year.

My eldest daughter decided to go south this year to stay at her aunts just out Leeds and has been pretty much housebound.
I miss her terribly but know she's going to have a great Christmas.

One of my other daughters friends now cant get home and will be spending it alone.No amount of pleading will get her to spent it with us as she's feels miserable and doesnt want company.
Have threatend her with a doggy bag for later,thats if the dogs share their portion.;)

Hope this weather clears soon or we'll be having a "lonely" New Year as its just not safe to travel any distance.,:(

Hope your all "home for christmas " with those you hold dear.:D

Angela
23-Dec-09, 19:12
The main thing is to all stay safe, Cuddlepop.

The plan was for six of my family to come to me for Christmas Day, but I'm not sure if they're all going make it. I certainly don't want them doing anything at all risky, so everyone is hanging on until tomorrow trying to decide what it and isn't possible. :confused

Wishing you a happy and peaceful time -stay safe and warm. :)

Angela x

badger
23-Dec-09, 20:05
You're right Angela - better safe than sorry. Hope your family make it after all this. Almost wondered if my daughter would be landing on you but don't worry - she's still travelling.

Cuddlepop - I know how your daughter's friend feels as I've had Christmases on my own and it is quite hard to accept other's hospitality at the last minute. Maybe she'll change her mind. I don't mind (but I am old!) and have friends who feel the same - we can put our feet up, eat what we like, drink what we like, do what we like, watch what we like and raise a glass to each other :) . It's not that bad.

I'm sure many will not be where they planned but at least we have phones and maybe even webcams. Technology has its uses.