PDA

View Full Version : tattoo's & body pearcings

sam
26-Apr-06, 18:42
I was talking with a mate recently about tattoo's & body pearcings, i'm no to keen on the body pearcings but love tattoo's wondered what everyone else thought of them.
i would also like to know if anyone knows of a good tattoo artist and i wouldnt mind adding a few to my collection.:o)

connieb19
26-Apr-06, 18:50
Men with pierced nipples...YEUKK!!!:eek:

footie chick
26-Apr-06, 18:51
Had my belly button done ages ago. The only thing putting me off a tattoo is when your older what will it look like and will you still like it?

obiron
26-Apr-06, 18:56
Dont mind tattoos, have a rangers one myself and have an image i would like done sometime with another couple in mind. A cracking tv prog to watch is miami ink on sky channel 250 on sun nite at 10.00pm its a cracking watch all about a tattoo shop in miami.

sam
26-Apr-06, 19:00
Dont mind tattoos, have a rangers one myself and have an image i would like done sometime with another couple in mind. A cracking tv prog to watch is miami ink on sky channel 250 on sun nite at 10.00pm its a cracking watch all about a tattoo shop in miami.

i watch miami ink every week wish their was someone here that did tattoo's that good

obiron
26-Apr-06, 19:07
would be great wouldnt it sam. I like chris garver and really like the portraits that kat does. have you had a look at the website??

sam
26-Apr-06, 19:10
would be great wouldnt it sam. I like chris garver and really like the portraits that kat does. have you had a look at the website??

yep, they have some pretty neat tattoo designs on their web site to.

emszxr
26-Apr-06, 19:10
i have 5 tattoos and my ears nose and tongue pierced. wanting more tattoos.
have used the guy in nairn, and might give the guy in alness a go next time. inverness is just too long a wait for me

obiron
26-Apr-06, 19:14
yep, they have some pretty neat tattoo designs on their web site to.

aye there is some cracking ones. be nice to go there for a holiday and get one done. i can but dream thou.

Tugmistress
26-Apr-06, 19:41
i have 14 tattoos and 3 body piercings, am looking at using the young italian guy in kirkwall for my next tat, apparently he was trained by some well practiced and well thought of tattooist in shetland but i can't remember either name lol

as for how tattoos look when you are older, then so far i am happy :) i had my first done at 16 (naughty i know) and even though the ink has a little spread, it stilll looks good and i still like it.

be careful of what you choose to have done, it is with you for life!

obiron
26-Apr-06, 19:45
naughty tugmistress 16 it took me till i was 30 before i got it done. was even thinking of getting cedric to design one for me he has drawn a few for folk.

golach
26-Apr-06, 19:47
as for how tattoos look when you are older, then so far i am happy :) i had my first done at 16 (naughty i know) and even though the ink has a little spread, it stilll looks good and i still like it.
be careful of what you choose to have done, it is with you for life!
My Tats are now about 48 years old and are the worse for wear now, as Tuggs says a Tattoo is for life

scrapydoo
26-Apr-06, 19:49
Has anyone got any piercings in strange places lol;)

emszxr
26-Apr-06, 20:54
just the tongue, not that strange. did try to do the nipple when younger but couldnt get neeedle through. wouldnt get anymore piercings

_Ju_
26-Apr-06, 21:08
I was talking with a mate recently about tattoo's & body pearcings, i'm no to keen on the body pearcings but love tattoo's wondered what everyone else thought of them.
i would also like to know if anyone knows of a good tattoo artist and i wouldnt mind adding a few to my collection.:o)

You can get rid of the pearcing when you are sick of it easily, unlike tatoos.

krieve
27-Apr-06, 00:45
I have a tatoo sometimes i think what have i done i am goning to be stuck with this forever lmao ,no i like it really would like another one but don't know what of.:Razz

ice box
27-Apr-06, 00:46
I have my lugg pearced thats enough

Fran
27-Apr-06, 00:50
There is a Wick man whose brother is a tatooist and comes up to wick sometimes. he does tatoos when he comes up. I have seen some of them and they are very good.

Chillie
27-Apr-06, 00:52
I have my lugg pearced thats enough

Yell need a big earing to cover that lugg's:lol:

ice box
27-Apr-06, 00:55
Yell need a big earing to cover that lugg's:lol:
Better than havin a big heed lol

Jeid
27-Apr-06, 01:43
I have both ears pierced and stretched to 16mm. Got the top of my left ear pierced as well.

paris
27-Apr-06, 06:46
Had my first tat when i was 14 and it cost a £1. it was of hubbys name with roses around it BUT although were still together ( married 27yrs last week) I had it covered 2 weeks ago with a big black designe as the colour had disapeared and it looked tackie. had another one done yesterday.
Have tonuge, ears and nose peirced.

newpark
27-Apr-06, 08:29
Hear there is a guy in Castletown that does really good tattoo's. Have no idea of any of his details just heard a few people who have had ones done by him.
Only have ears pierced not in to tattoo's dinna like anyhting thats for life.

moncur
27-Apr-06, 09:00
Hear there is a guy in Castletown that does really good tattoo's. Have no idea of any of his details just heard a few people who have had ones done by him.
Only have ears pierced not in to tattoo's dinna like anyhting thats for life.

You're probably thinking of Mark Breakwell. But I think he is moving down the line soon.

I've got a tattoo on my back, had it done there incase i didnt like it so i wouldnt have to see it every day, but it looks pretty cool. got me tongue done and ma nipple too. They were'nt sore at all but i took the one at the top of ma left ear out because it was agony.

squidge
27-Apr-06, 09:38
My interesting man has several tattoos - mostly designs that he did himself. There is a rampant lion and honda wings, a celtic design, a wolf, werewolf glyphs ( and yes you should have seen my mothers face when he told her thats what they were - she said "oh really" and got a glazed look on her face) and viking runes. The latest one he got was at the beginning of April and he went to the guy in Alness - spotlessly clean, chatty, friendly and the tattoos are fab lots of sharp points on the designs and they are clean and sharp. The tattoos are mainly black although the lion has a red eye and the dragon red fire from its mouth that is burning its own tail - its around his thigh. He was hugely impressed with the guy from Alness and the price was good too

Naefearjustbeer
27-Apr-06, 11:00
I think that the inks used in modern tatoos doesnt spread the same as the older ones. My first tat is about 13 years old now and hasnt shown signs of fading or spreading like some of the tatoos I have seen on older blokes. My advice is not to get them sunburned though as I think that can make them fade away. Mine have been done by Richards tattoos in Aberdeen and Highland tattoos in inverness. Very happy with them all and am planning my next one at the moment. The long waiting list in inverness is understandable when you see the quality designs they do. I think it is worth the wait. I have seen some dodgy looking tats from travelling tatoists and would be very wary of using one unless they came well recomended by good friends and I have actually seen there work before I commited to anything.

I have tattoos on both shoulders and arm design on my left arm I also have my ear pierced twice. I did have both lugs done but didnt like the right ear peirced for some reason so took it out and let it heal up. My first tattoo was a flash design picked off of the wall the others are all custom designed for me.

bky
27-Apr-06, 12:46
been to the tattooist in Inverness a couple of time - impressed with the cleanliness - would go more often if the waiting lists werent so long.
Got most of my art work done in Edinburgh (down past the Playhouse)

Oddquine
27-Apr-06, 12:46
In my latish fifties, I decided "why not" so designed a tattoo, and had it done in Elgin. (right upper arm, where I could hide it). I did think I might have more.....but not without an anaesthetic!

motopitcrew
27-Apr-06, 13:17
I was speaking to a tattoist in elgin about a month ago and he has bought the place in inverness and he isnot useing a appointment system its just going to be walk in
you may know him he did a tat of charles & camilla on his leg it was in the papers

Fluff
27-Apr-06, 18:12
i have a small star on my left forearm. i had it done in london. the place i had it done is was the first registerd tattoo parlour in london.
if you are going to get one, think long and hard about the design, at least 3 months id say before you get it and go somewhere reputible. iw ould never go to someone's house etc to get it done!

Ricco
27-Apr-06, 20:35
I have always been in two minds about getting a tatoo. I have long admired some, especially the Celtic ones. However, whilst I was back in Canada a couple of years ago for my brother's wedding I did get a tatoo on one shoulder - a Canadian flag. Haven't regretted it, know it will be for life and certainly lke it.

Would probably not have another - it is a strange form of pain, isn't it!

Billy Boy
27-Apr-06, 21:00
i would like a tattoo but my mum won't let me boohooooo:~(

Sporran
28-Apr-06, 06:44
I have two piercings in each earlobe. The first two I had done at George McBeath the jewellers in Thurso when I was 18, and I just had the second two done about 8 years ago, after thinking about it for a long time. I wear largish hoop or dangly earrings in the first piercings, and small stud earrings in the second. I don't fancy having piercings anywhere else, though! :eek: Those of you who have your tongue pierced - doesn't the stud get in the way? Doesn't it feel strange when you're eating, and aren't you scared you might swallow the stud?

I don't have any tattoos, and probably won't ever. Though my young colleague at work recently had one put on near her ankle, and that looks nice. It's a pretty butterfly and a pink rose, and it looks very feminine. If I ever give a tattoo serious thought, I'll try one of those temporary ones first, that wash off!

paris
28-Apr-06, 09:06
Hi there Sporran,
Had my tongue done for my 40th b/day 6 yrs ago and yes to start with i got it caught on a fork when eating and boy did i have a lisp ha ha . Everything ok about 6 weeks later, got used to it and dont know its there now. Some people swallow the ball if it comes undone but mine never has and as for the bar if you have it in from bottom to top then you dont have any problems with swallowing it if it does come undone. Not good for the teeth if your one of these who rattel it on them as it chips the enamel so ive been told .

doyle
28-Apr-06, 22:12
I have my ear lobes pierced twice and one higher up on my right ear. I also have my nose and my belly button pierced. I have one small tattoo above my right ankle of a sunflower. I would like to get another tattoo done but don't think I could suffer the pain again! :eek: My belly button piercing and my tattoo were done by the guy in Inverness a few years ago.

blondscot
28-Apr-06, 22:35
I have 3 tattoos one on each arm and a unicorn on my shoulder, have belly button and nose pierced and ears are done 7 times. Would love another two tattoes but not sure where to go as waiting list in Inverness so long!! Last tattoo done in Glasgow have heard about guy in alness but dont have a contact number for him has anyone got it?

Whitewater
28-Apr-06, 23:09
I have no tattoos or piercings, nothing against it, just never got round to it. Wouldn't mind a good tattoo, but I don't think I fancy body piercing at my age.

Whitewater
28-Apr-06, 23:15
Funniest tattoo I ever saw was many years ago in the shower after a rugby match. This guy had a little devil with horns and a tail tattood on each cheek of his bum, they both had shovels in their hands, and a small heap of coal at their feet, they looked very busy shoveling it up (you can guess where!).

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Apr-06, 23:20
Have designed a Tatoo with cartoons of ma 2 kids and their dates o' birth.The problem is I hate needles.Was wanting it put on the bicep part o' ma arm.So how sore is it to get one?

krieve
28-Apr-06, 23:25
I didn't find it sore like a tingling feeling and what a buzz you get.

Billy Boy
28-Apr-06, 23:25
Have designed a Tatoo with cartoons of ma 2 kids and their dates o' birth.The problem is I hate needles.Was wanting it put on the bicep part o' ma arm.So how sore is it to get one?

mrs billy say's it's only sore when the needle goes over the bone, it's no at sore on the fleshy part's so go get one you big girl's blouse:lol: :lol:

Fran
28-Apr-06, 23:28
Years ago, a popular tattoo with sailors was a little cartoon man just above their briefs by their belly button saying naval patrol. thought it was funny.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Apr-06, 23:34
I didn't find it sore like a tingling feeling and what a buzz you get.

Cheers Krieve I think I'll get it done now.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Apr-06, 23:35
mrs billy say's it's only sore when the needle goes over the bone, it's no at sore on the fleshy part's so go get one you big girl's blouse:lol: :lol:

I've changed ma mind!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Apr-06, 23:51
I've changed ma mind!!!

Only jokin' Billy Boy.Cheers for the 'grizzly' details.I'll get it done.:grin: :grin:

angela5
29-Apr-06, 00:03
Only jokin' Billy Boy.Cheers for the 'grizzly' details.I'll get it done.:grin:

It won't hurt cedric, be brave..:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Apr-06, 00:16
It won't hurt cedric, be brave..:D

Cheers Angela.Now I shall tell ye the story of ma needle phobia.

Second year o' High School and finding out that ye get a T.B jag.Now this injection as we all found out will leave a mark on your arm for the rest o' your days,fair enough.Before ye got the T.B jag,ye got a 6 prong jag looking thing in your wrist.If they had vanished before ye went back to the nurse ye got the jag,if they were still there then ye were safe,NO JAG.

So wee Cedric got the 6 prong jag,no problem.Days went by,the 6 prongs were still there,while classmates 6 prongs had already disappeared.

Wee Cedric wakes up on the day of the jag and looks at his wrist......NOTHING THERE.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Voila,my fear of needles began.:lol:

angela5
29-Apr-06, 00:46
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/aal0022l.jpg

cedric, ya big baby! needles are tiny....[lol]

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 03:00
I have a tatoo on my bum of scrapydoo.

golach
29-Apr-06, 10:08
Only jokin' Billy Boy.Cheers for the 'grizzly' details.I'll get it done.:grin:
Dont believe them Cedric, it does HURT, and I have five of them, done many years ago, and I can still remember the pain :cry:

hammer
29-Apr-06, 11:45
i had my first one done when i was 18 in inverness good experience then my second one done a few years later in inver on my chest and it was agony was bruised for weeks took me a while to get over the pain, went to tain the next time and he was ace, fourth time was tain again and he recoloured the first one i had done there for free as he said it had faded, have three piercings yop of left ear, belly(strange for a guy but looks ok) and one lower down...

EDDIE
29-Apr-06, 12:36

When i was younger i wanted a tattoo i thought i was smart but my mum put me off it im glad i didnt because when you get older your views on things change and you might regret it later on in life.
But if you do decided to go for a tattoo it might be wise to put the tattoo somewere were you can easily hide the tattoo with cloths if your ever get fed up with it and not only that it can go against you at interviews if the person sees the tattoo it can send out wrong impressions of you if you no what a mean.
The closest i ever came to a tattoo when i was really young you could buy bubble gum for 2 pence that had a fake tattoo that u licked on and it printed it out on you arm im going back about 25 years now you dont see that now.
You can get a hena if thats the correct word were u get a painted on tattoo that last about 2 weeks and comes off itself when your washing yourself.

golach
29-Apr-06, 12:44
When i was younger i wanted a tattoo i thought i was smart but my mum put me off it im glad i didnt because when you get older your views on things change and you might regret it later on in life.
But if you do decided to go for a tattoo it might be wise to put the tattoo somewere were you can easily hide the tattoo with cloths if your ever get fed up with it and not only that it can go against you at interviews if the person sees the tattoo it can send out wrong impressions of you if you no what a mean.
The closest i ever came to a tattoo when i was really young you could buy bubble gum for 2 pence that had a fake tattoo that u licked on and it printed it out on you arm im going back about 25 years now you dont see that now.
You can get a hena if thats the correct word were u get a painted on tattoo that last about 2 weeks and comes off itself when your washing yourself.
Eddie I agree with you but see this link as a warning about Henna tattoos
http://www.eastonwest.co.uk/bhw.html

sam
29-Apr-06, 14:25

I dont think i would ever use henna tattoo's as i have heard so much about them, but yes i agree that if your are thinking of getting a tat done then you should really think about what you want, where you want it and most importantly are you 110% sure you really do want it, as they are really expensive to remove and dont imagine they could be removed without leaving a scar.
I would also say to people who want one done to think seriously before getting a partners name added.:o)

obiron
29-Apr-06, 18:07
not keen on henna tatts either every summer you read in the papers about some poor kid who comes back from there hols marked for life.

Billy Boy
29-Apr-06, 18:20
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/aal0022l.jpg

cedric, ya big baby! needles are tiny....[lol]

I know how you feel cedric i have a fear of needles aswell, thats why my tattoo is on my back otherwise i dont think i could of got it done. Just need to convince mr billy boy to get one now

obiron
29-Apr-06, 18:29
if cedric gets one i will be very surprised. not that brave. better not say any anything else or i will be in trouble when he reads this later on.

knightofeth
29-Apr-06, 18:30

I agree with this but maybe if it represents a big part of your life and had a lot of meaning it would be nice to have.
A "disappearing ink" is currently being developed: http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/mg19025495.600-tattoos-made-of-disappearing-ink.html

Billy Boy
29-Apr-06, 18:33
if cedric gets one i will be very surprised. not that brave. better not say any anything else or i will be in trouble when he reads this later on.

so are you saying he is just a big girls blouse then lol :lol: :lol:

obiron
29-Apr-06, 18:53
suppose so when it comes to needles. anything else is fine.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Apr-06, 21:48

Nothin' like a vote o' confidence fae your own wife.:lol: :lol:

Billy Boy
30-Apr-06, 21:52
Nothin' like a vote o' confidence fae your own wife.

i'am sure she'll be there to hold your hand lol:eek: