PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet nightmare

badger
22-Dec-09, 12:04
Like thousands of others, my Christmas has been ruined by the weather but at least I’m home and dry, as is my daughter but in her home not mine where she should be. I’m posting this for anyone else who has booked flights on Easyjet which have been cancelled. It seems impossible to get a refund and I am so upset with them that I have contacted the Beeb and asked them to get someone from Easyjet onto a news programme to explain.

It all looks fine on the website – list of cancelled flights with links to either transfer or get a refund. (Incidentally all flights to Inverness for tomorrow and Wed. are fully booked so no use looking.) Both these links take you to a contact page where you have to log in and that’s where the trouble starts. You can log in to your Account but not on these pages – says it doesn’t recognise the email address, asks you to create new account, complete all that and it says email address is already registered. Having tried every option I could think of (and btw the phone no. just cuts you off) I clicked on a box at the top of the page with a red cross in it just to see what happened and got through to http://www.getsatisfaction.com/easyjet (http://www.getsatisfaction.com/easyjet) where there were two threads on this with furious people posting for months with the same problem, including some wanting to start a class action. I’m sure there would be many more complaints on here if the link from Easyjet was not disguised.

You can’t email Easyjet as you come up against the same problem – it requires you to log in and doesn’t recognise you. Even logging in to your account first doesn’t help as it still wants you to log in again. So if anyone else is having this problem – you’re not alone!

We can’t afford to buy a train ticket (over £200) without a refund so that’s that. The only consolation is that trains may also be having problems and who wants to be stuck on a train.

Anyone want a spare pud and brandy butter?

igglepiggle
22-Dec-09, 12:37
Sorry to hear that you wont be together at christmas, there is so much chaos going on just now a lot off people are stuck places they dont want to be with the weather. I hope you get some sort off refund, since it is the companies fault. You said the flights are full but what about turning up at the airport and getting a cancelation seat if no one shows up. There's always a chance in this weather.

riggerboy
22-Dec-09, 12:40
makes you wonder why the good lord puts so many things in our way, is it really just to test our faith,

sorry for your troubles,

badger
22-Dec-09, 14:03
Well it looks as if all may not be lost as she has booked on the train. That was fun - websites showing trains different from when she phoned so fingers crossed she's gets through tomorrow and my pud won't be wasted.

I posted in case anyone else had booked on Easyjet - still don't know about the refund but I'm sure they have to.

Travel safely everyone :)

tonkatojo
22-Dec-09, 14:09
Well it looks as if all may not be lost as she has booked on the train. That was fun - websites showing trains different from when she phoned so fingers crossed she's gets through tomorrow and my pud won't be wasted.

I posted in case anyone else had booked on Easyjet - still don't know about the refund but I'm sure they have to.

Travel safely everyone :)

You might have to Badger them a bit afore you get your refund.;) good luck, watchdog or that new consumer prog should/might be worth a call.

cazmanian_minx
22-Dec-09, 14:49
If you can stand the journey, I think Megabus have also got seats on the London to Inverness coaches still and that's a LOT cheaper than the train.

riggerboy
22-Dec-09, 14:55
If you can stand the journey, I think Megabus have also got seats on the London to Inverness coaches still and that's a LOT cheaper than the train.

take a bus from london to inverness! can that be done, i mean i know we can put man on the moon, take oil from the deepest depths of the seas,fly to the highest heights, but but a bus a bus a beeg bus from london englandshire to inverness scotland never i dont believe it,

bekisman
22-Dec-09, 15:23
Yep, Inverness to London (about £27 return - or less/more) mind you takes 12 - 14 hours, which is a fair old time sat on a coach! but if you're young, or fit or take a big book; why not...

http://www.megabus.com/uk/

M R
22-Dec-09, 15:31
My girl and i made that journey a while back, had to much luggage to fly, we were moving back here.

Can tell you it's hard going. So fair play if she does..

Would i do it again. No

Hope she makes it up....

badger
22-Dec-09, 15:32
I've done the bus trip between London and Inverness a few times - once for £1 with National Express! It's a long, long way :( . Unfortunately my daughter can't travel far by bus, makes her very sick. We tried once just coming up here from Inverness and she gave up at Golspie. So no, not an option. Anyway train is booked now.

There's been another posting on the Get Satisfaction thread from someone who tried registering with a completely new email address and it still said it was already registered so he's wanting legal action.

Next problem - how to meet her at Thurso station late tomorrow night. That's if the train gets that far of course. You wouldn't believe the confusing messages we're getting between phone bookings and online - all different times.

How on earth does anyone manage without a computer these days when practically everyone you phone refers you to their website?

tonkatojo
22-Dec-09, 15:37
I've done the bus trip between London and Inverness a few times - once for £1 with National Express! It's a long, long way :( . Unfortunately my daughter can't travel far by bus, makes her very sick. We tried once just coming up here from Inverness and she gave up at Golspie. So no, not an option. Anyway train is booked now.

There's been another posting on the Get Satisfaction thread from someone who tried registering with a completely new email address and it still said it was already registered so he's wanting legal action.

Next problem - how to meet her at Thurso station late tomorrow night. That's if the train gets that far of course. You wouldn't believe the confusing messages we're getting between phone bookings and online - all different times.

How on earth does anyone manage without a computer these days when practically everyone you phone refers you to their website?

How long is the over all journey for her, from London-Thurso ?? on the train.

Margaret M.
22-Dec-09, 15:48
Ach what a bummer, Badger. I hope the train journey goes well although that will be one tiring trip. Your daughter is very sweet for being willing to make it.

I agree with you on the challenges when dealing with companies if one does not have Internet access. It is becoming impossible to have a conversation with someone when there is a problem. This emailing customer service when there is a problem is for the birds.

riggerboy
22-Dec-09, 15:53
I agree with you on the challenges when dealing with companies if one does not have Internet access. It is becoming impossible to have a conversation with someone when there is a problem. This emailing customer service when there is a problem is for the birds.[/QUOTE]

here here,

badger
22-Dec-09, 16:18
How long is the over all journey for her, from London-Thurso ?? on the train.

More than 12 hours - you could get half round the world in that time [disgust] . What's worse I've just found that booking by phone she's been given completely duff information and is on a train with only 5 mins. to change at Edinburgh. The earlier one I found, which was much better, they said didn't exist! Don't fancy having to fork out for an Edinburgh hotel if they miss the connection.

Also they told her wrong train from Inverness to Thurso - good thing I'd checked. Don't know why she didn't book online but when did they ever listen to Mum? I couldn't book for her as you need the card to collect the ticket.

Thanks Margaret - we're so looking forward to it.

tonkatojo
22-Dec-09, 16:30
More than 12 hours - you could get half round the world in that time [disgust] . What's worse I've just found that booking by phone she's been given completely duff information and is on a train with only 5 mins. to change at Edinburgh. The earlier one I found, which was much better, they said didn't exist! Don't fancy having to fork out for an Edinburgh hotel if they miss the connection.

Also they told her wrong train from Inverness to Thurso - good thing I'd checked. Don't know why she didn't book online but when did they ever listen to Mum? I couldn't book for her as you need the card to collect the ticket.

Thanks Margaret - we're so looking forward to it.

Badger check National express coaches and see if they have spare capacity from Edinburgh just in case.

Caithness Girl
22-Dec-09, 16:35
I could be wrong but I think that if the train is late getting into Edinburgh and doesn't connect with the train that it's supposed to then they put you in a taxi free of charge. I usually ask the conductor which platform the connecting train leaves from and make sure I'm first at the door then run if the train's running to time!

I hope your daughter makes it up the road, it must be a horrible thought to be spending all those hours on a train when she was expecting to fly! Just shows how much she wants to see you though!

Angela
22-Dec-09, 16:50
I do hope your daughter - bless her! - gets to you safely for Christmas after such a marathon journey, badger.

The platform at Waverley she'll arrive at is normally quite close to the one the Inverness train leaves from and they will usually hold a departing train for people needing to make a connection if the incoming London train is running late.

Perhaps she could have a word with the guard on the London-Edinburgh journey? The more folk he's aware of that need to make connections from Edinburgh, the better, in case the train does run late.

Fingers firmly crossed! :)

badger
22-Dec-09, 17:21
Getting a bit better. Given wrong info. earlier so now find there's one hour at Edinburgh. One v. kind orger has offered lift back from Inv. if she got stranded there. Everyone is so kind.

Hopefully all that brandy butter won't be wasted :)

bingo1
22-Dec-09, 18:37
I could be wrong but I think that if the train is late getting into Edinburgh and doesn't connect with the train that it's supposed to then they put you in a taxi free of charge. I usually ask the conductor which platform the connecting train leaves from and make sure I'm first at the door then run if the train's running to time!

I hope your daughter makes it up the road, it must be a horrible thought to be spending all those hours on a train when she was expecting to fly! Just shows how much she wants to see you though!
This is correct we were coming home from aberdeen and betime the train got into inverness the wick train has already left therefore scotsrail organised a taxi and it took us right to our door free of charge. My grandmother is ment to be home for xmas but cannot come due to the weather it is a bummer at this time of year. i hope that your daughter gets home okay. Happy christmas.

viking
22-Dec-09, 18:47
Can't believe this thread. Disappointing as it must be not to have family for Christmas some of the posts here beggar belief. Easyjet are not to blame for the bad weather. Why do people moan about a long bus journey or getting travel sick? If you live in Caithness it goes with the territory. Nobody has had an accident or worse.... For goodness sake give yourselves a reality check.
We have become a nation with unrealistic expectations. Take a long look at what you have got...... before complaining.
I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a great 2010!

ragdollyanna
22-Dec-09, 19:30
Can't believe this thread. Disappointing as it must be not to have family for Christmas some of the posts here beggar belief. Easyjet are not to blame for the bad weather. Why do people moan about a long bus journey or getting travel sick? If you live in Caithness it goes with the territory. Nobody has had an accident or worse.... For goodness sake give yourselves a reality check.
We have become a nation with unrealistic expectations. Take a long look at what you have got...... before complaining.

I found this thread really quite uplifting, with all the offers of advice and suggestions to help this family re-unite for Christmas! The most negative and moany thread came from yourself!!! ;) Merry Christmas!

joxville
22-Dec-09, 19:32
Like thousands of others, my Christmas has been ruined by the weather but at least I’m home and dry, as is my daughter but in her home not mine where she should be. I’m posting this for anyone else who has booked flights on Easyjet which have been cancelled. It seems impossible to get a refund and I am so upset with them that I have contacted the Beeb and asked them to get someone from Easyjet onto a news programme to explain.

It all looks fine on the website – list of cancelled flights with links to either transfer or get a refund. (Incidentally all flights to Inverness for tomorrow and Wed. are fully booked so no use looking.) Both these links take you to a contact page where you have to log in and that’s where the trouble starts. You can log in to your Account but not on these pages – says it doesn’t recognise the email address, asks you to create new account, complete all that and it says email address is already registered. Having tried every option I could think of (and btw the phone no. just cuts you off) I clicked on a box at the top of the page with a red cross in it just to see what happened and got through to http://www.getsatisfaction.com/easyjet (http://www.getsatisfaction.com/easyjet) where there were two threads on this with furious people posting for months with the same problem, including some wanting to start a class action. I’m sure there would be many more complaints on here if the link from Easyjet was not disguised.

You can’t email Easyjet as you come up against the same problem – it requires you to log in and doesn’t recognise you. Even logging in to your account first doesn’t help as it still wants you to log in again. So if anyone else is having this problem – you’re not alone!

We can’t afford to buy a train ticket (over £200) without a refund so that’s that. The only consolation is that trains may also be having problems and who wants to be stuck on a train.

Anyone want a spare pud and brandy butter?

I got a refund on a cancelled Easyjet flight three years ago without any problem. Have they changed their refund policy? My flight was due to the country being blanketed in fog.

badger
22-Dec-09, 19:40

As I explained at the beginning (!!) I started this thread in case others on here had been unable to travel with Easyjet due to their flights being cancelled, which seemed fairly likely, and had encountered the same problems as me in trying to get a refund. I thought it was just me until I discovered the forum that showed how many others had similar problems. Of course Easyjet is not responsible for the weather but they are responsible for their website and it doesn't work. In fact this part apparently hasn't for months. There is no excuse for that, especially as the booking section works so well. You may be able to afford to lose hundreds of pounds but many can't. Sorry for trying to be helpful.

As to the bus, one or two kind people suggested bus as an alternative and I felt I should explain why in my case it wasn't an option. I wasn't "moaning about the bus journey". Thousands of people not living in Caithness have had a far worse time with this weather - you only have to look at the tv news pics. from the south.

The concern shown for my small problem just shows how kind most orgers are. Happy Christmas.

badger
22-Dec-09, 23:23
Having said I don't know what we'd do without computers, beware of booking trains online. Fortunately my daughter booked over the phone and was given a direct train from London to Edinburgh and then on up to Thurso. I did a search on several sites for London to Inverness and/or Thurso and all of them gave trains between London and Edinburgh that involved changes (one included underground between Kings X and Euston :eek: ). So don't believe all you see.

Joxville -it's not their policy that's changed, it's their website that doesn't work. They offer refunds on every cancelled flight but you can't get past the next page. Still haven't figured out how to get round that.

Fran
23-Dec-09, 02:04
I am driving wick to Inverness on 4th january if anyone needs a lift.

american gal
23-Dec-09, 22:25
Hi there badger did your daughter get home okay???Hope so, have a nice christmas,