PDA

View Full Version : Seeing as it's Christmas ....

mrs_inkstack
21-Dec-09, 23:24
who leaves a pressie out for the binmen and the postie ? I do ;)
Appreciate their efforts especially in weather like this !

Liz
21-Dec-09, 23:38
We give a big tin of sweeties to the postie, van drivers etc as wee thankyou for good service during the year.:D

Mother Bear
21-Dec-09, 23:52
I do too...but the binmen couldn't get up my road today cos of the snow still, so they will will have to wait until after Christmas now! Postlady gets a pressie too, as she gets up the road in all weathers.

Lavenderblue2
22-Dec-09, 09:09
I always give my post lady a very decent Christmas tip, she is amazing and gives us great service throughout the year.
I also give to my Home Deliveries guy, he is lovely, so polite, a great replacement for Euan.

I don't use a roadside bin, we take everything to recyling centre.

NLP
22-Dec-09, 12:58
Lets not forget the lollipop lady/man, they are so nice and out in all weather

mums angels
22-Dec-09, 13:11
We put out for the bin men today and do every year , would do the postie but its a different one almost every week so don't bother but i do appreciate the hard work .

GruesomeTwosome
22-Dec-09, 14:02
I always give to my bin men, they are brilliant and I really appreciate them and like to show it.

I used to give my postie but I moved to a new house and my new postie was rude to me when dropping off a parcel last week so he will be getting sweet nothing again!

badger
22-Dec-09, 14:06
I always did this in England but wasn't sure what people did up here so I leave a tip for the postie and just hope it's the regular one who gets it. In my last house I knew his name but don't here. Have never been near enough to where bins are left to catch them and don't like to leave anything tied to the bin. How do others manage this?

im behind you
22-Dec-09, 19:15
my postie in watten is such a doll. a bit lazy sometimes but i know what i could do to wake him up though.

mrs_inkstack
22-Dec-09, 19:58
I always did this in England but wasn't sure what people did up here so I leave a tip for the postie and just hope it's the regular one who gets it. In my last house I knew his name but don't here. Have never been near enough to where bins are left to catch them and don't like to leave anything tied to the bin. How do others manage this?

I usually leave a present in a carrier bag on top of the bins on bin day - maybe not the most pleasant but they don't come the same time every week, especially this time of year with the weather ;)

GGS
22-Dec-09, 20:04
I always give to my bin men, they are brilliant and I really appreciate them and like to show it.

I used to give my postie but I moved to a new house and my new postie was rude to me when dropping off a parcel last week so he will be getting sweet nothing again!

Where do you stay?

Julia
22-Dec-09, 21:52
I give to my home delivery chappie, he's very polite and helpful, haven't managed to catch him as yet so he won't be getting his gift until after Christmas :confused

mrs_inkstack
23-Dec-09, 10:16
Where do you stay?

Top o' e hill :D

rockyrider
23-Dec-09, 20:25
always give a small gift to postman,coalman and binmen.they always get here no matter what the weather.

Whitewater
23-Dec-09, 21:11
Always give a gift to binmen and posties but it is generally between the Christmas and NY uplifts, it seems to be the only time I can actually be at home when they arrive.