PDA

View Full Version : weather for rest of week.....

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
21-Dec-09, 22:38
so whats the latest on the weather for the rest of the week....

have heard conflicting - much as such for the rest of week til Xmas....and that by Wednesday its all turning to rain ???

Anyone got the definitive answer?

sjr014
21-Dec-09, 23:27
Well rain on Wed is fine by me as i have to drive to Inverness to collect family that are flying home for xmas! But snow on Thurs and Friday are fine with me!

Tugmistress
22-Dec-09, 07:49
cold and damp , cold enough for snow overnight and ice but should be rain or sleet during the day. Thursday should be fairly dry and a bit of sun.
xmas day itself? a reasonable day. definately cloudy, maybe some showers (sleet? snow?rain?)
not a lot of wind from now.

Venture
22-Dec-09, 09:12
Well the fluffy white stuff seems to be back. It's falling quite heavily again outside Wick.:)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-Dec-09, 10:17
cold and damp , cold enough for snow overnight and ice but should be rain or sleet during the day. Thursday should be fairly dry and a bit of sun.
xmas day itself? a reasonable day. definately cloudy, maybe some showers (sleet? snow?rain?)
not a lot of wind from now.

thats fine so on your advice Tugg tomorrow a 37 week pregnant wifey can go out with her wee van and do deliveries.... haha??

Tugmistress
22-Dec-09, 10:37
thats fine so on your advice Tugg tomorrow a 37 week pregnant wifey can go out with her wee van and do deliveries.... haha??

errr, NO!
if it does the same tonight and drops well below freezing and doesn't warm up (like today) then it's going to be 'severley interesting' underfoot! personally at 37 wks preggie i would be sat in the house feet up digging feet out from under the ribs and having a hot toddy - that's my advice lol

and it's lovely white fluffy stuff here too :D

as an aside - there's 3 weather stations on my website now, scrabster, keiss and dunbeath, take a look at the data and find the dew point. if it's 0.2c or below whatever falls out of the sky is liable to be white fluffy stuff, around that figure is more liable to be sleet any higher and it's liable to be rain - hope that helps anyone out for their own particualr location.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-Dec-09, 15:55
errr, NO!
if it does the same tonight and drops well below freezing and doesn't warm up (like today) then it's going to be 'severley interesting' underfoot! personally at 37 wks preggie i would be sat in the house feet up digging feet out from under the ribs and having a hot toddy - that's my advice lol

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW tug............you are spoiling my fun.....might have to wait until boxing day then ??? or is it likely to be the same? or Christmas Eve........

Well the van is loaded to the gunnell so i'll park her up and the audi might get into to town to tesco instead - won't that be a happy occasion for everyone :-(

crikey sitting down with feet up ...... I never knew I would be allowed to do such a thing....but since Mr Keep on Trucking is away talking salt to Beauly from Caithness because they have run out (silly transerv) I might get the chance tonight to have feet up and even better GET THE REMOTE!!!!!!!

Tugmistress
22-Dec-09, 17:26
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW tug............you are spoiling my fun.....might have to wait until boxing day then ??? or is it likely to be the same? or Christmas Eve........

Well the van is loaded to the gunnell so i'll park her up and the audi might get into to town to tesco instead - won't that be a happy occasion for everyone :-(

crikey sitting down with feet up ...... I never knew I would be allowed to do such a thing....but since Mr Keep on Trucking is away talking salt to Beauly from Caithness because they have run out (silly transerv) I might get the chance tonight to have feet up and even better GET THE REMOTE!!!!!!!

haha, definately get the remote while you can! and don't forget the hot toddy ;)