PDA

View Full Version : Norseman

denise
21-Dec-09, 20:36
I was up visiting my Dad in hospital over the weekend & I took him out to the Norseman for lunch. It was fantastic my Dad had the Roast Beef he must have had about a good 8oz of meat on his plate & it melted in the mouth, home made yorkie plus all the usual trimmings. I had a 3 cheese tart which was ok. As we were in on Saturday they were unfortunately only doing the X-mas set lunch as it was so busy, not much good to my 7 year old daughter. However the very helpful barman said she could propably get sausage & chips or macaroni, Sausage & chips it was. Whilst waiting for our meal we were debating whether it would be frozen chips as they were only serving pots with the X-mas meals. Lo & behold what a hill o lovely home made floury, nicely cooked chips she got. Impressed.
Can't wait till Iam home again & can go in & sample there normal menu.
P.S. My Dad was in a wheelchair & we had no problems getting in & around the building.

Maximo
22-Dec-09, 15:33
I had a Christmas meal in the Norseman on Sat nite and I must say it was fantastic. I had the game terrine, turkey and cheesecake and it was all beautiful! The place was packed but the service was excellent and all meals were hot and delicious!

Fran
24-Dec-09, 03:39
The Norsemans carvery is excellent. A great choice and plenty of it, all freshly cooked, lovely soup and sweets to follow, hot or cold and a great price.The dining room is lovely and staff are very pleasant and cheery. It is a joy to go to. thier other establishment is the Castletown hotel, also excellent. I highly recommend both for excellent food, comfort, pleasant suroundings and really nice staff. If you havent tried it, you must. My mother is a very fussy eater and has dined nearly all over the world. she says the norseman and their other place, the Castletown hotel, are the best eateries she has been to.

Venture
31-Dec-09, 02:15
I recently attended a function in the Norseman with a hot and cold buffet. The food was excellent. Lots of choice and the sweets were to die for. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend.;)

Fran
01-Jan-10, 02:19
This is the place to be in wick, nice to see the bar busy too, just like the old days.

sweep
01-Jan-10, 12:18
not been yet but soon hopefully.. yes fran its great to see norseman back in business so to speak after so long being in the doldrums. that bar was a humdinger, i know as i worked there as a student. welcome back norseman

cat
01-Jan-10, 13:22
been twice now,which speaks for itself as we dont eat out often! the staff are brilliant,such a nice change to go somewhere with a two year old and be so well catered for,they came over with toys for her and the food is good,plenty she can have,and they didnt bat an eyelid at her running about(bit excited about xmas!):Razz