PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Berkshire

Fluff
21-Dec-09, 18:59
Hehe it's great right now! Its been non stop snow for 3 hours, no sign of stopping!
People doing their usual and panicking, buses have been stopped, gridlock on the roads, police out on the streets.

Lol my mobile won't work either, network is too busy! love it!
It feels wonderfully christmassy, pity the weather report says it will turn to rain then ice. It would be so fabulous if it stayed :D

joxville
21-Dec-09, 21:42
A few of my colleagues left early because of the snow, one came back to the depot after sitting on the roundabout outside our depot for 45 mins. My 7 mile journey from Theale to Tadley took 2hr 15 mins. It doesn't help that the roads haven't been gritted here, even though we got a heavy snowfall on Friday.

NickInTheNorth
21-Dec-09, 22:35
A few of my colleagues left early because of the snow, one came back to the depot after sitting on the roundabout outside our depot for 45 mins. My 7 mile journey from Theale to Tadley took 2hr 15 mins. It doesn't help that the roads haven't been gritted here, even though we got a heavy snowfall on Friday.

That's not good for the drive along hat road Joxville, driven it many times in rush hour traffic and 30 minutes was a bad day - mind that was about 15 years since, I guess it may take longer these days even without the snow!

joxville
22-Dec-09, 11:51
Normally takes me about 12-15 mins, though when it's dark I go slower because of the deer that occassionally jump out from the fields.

I walked round to the shops earlier and the roads still haven't been gritted.

Ricco
22-Dec-09, 17:20
I was out pushing cars last night that had got stuck. My wife took 6 hours to travel 7 miles from Bracknell to Winnersh. Next door neighbour took 12 hours to get out of Reading. Too many people were thinking that the best way to get through was to give the loud pedal loads of wellie.

I love it though - been out in it again today, walk around Dinton Pastures. The chickens didn't like it though, stayed in their run. :D

joxville
22-Dec-09, 19:40
My brother, who lives a few streets away from me, arrived home at 1am after a 7hr journey to see about a dozen people in their 20's having a naked snowball flight. :eek: Girls too, completely starkers. :Razz

The things you miss out on. :(

Fluff
22-Dec-09, 19:55
Ha that is brilliant!

I went back in last night to meet my OH, it took on average about 3 hours for people to get out of The Oracle car park. So many abandoned cars this morning, very 28 days later!Its still lovely and crispy outside. Getting very cold though, meant to be -5 tonight, glad I am not out early tomorrow morning!

Fluff
06-Jan-10, 19:25
More lovely snow, 15 inches last night, ore today. Shopping centre closed early, got home 3 hrs early. JUst a pity I will probs be called in tomorrow on my day off

Kevin Milkins
06-Jan-10, 19:49
I was just watching the news reports from around the country and they did a report from Crickhowell, (a large village between Brecon and Abergavenny) and it was looking bad their.:eek:

I was explaining to Mrs M that one of my largest accounts when I was a sales rep, were a DIY, shop in Crickhowell called "Webbs" and no sooner did I mention it, Mike Webb, the co- owner did an interview on the impact the weather is having on them. Small world.

I blame global warming.:roll: