PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to everyone/ merged threads

kimmie
21-Dec-09, 11:41
Merry christmas everyone!! and a Happy new year...i may not be around as i will have a house full from tomorrow am!
How you all have a really good one this year :D

clyde
21-Dec-09, 11:48
A very merry Christmas to all on the Org from Orkney.
Have a good one.

ciderally
21-Dec-09, 14:19
yea...merry christmas everyone xx

Hoida
21-Dec-09, 14:26
Happy Christmas one and all and all the best for 2010 :D

riggerboy
21-Dec-09, 14:28
all the best to everybody from the riggerboy,

have a party and enjoy

Ricco
21-Dec-09, 14:34
. and a Merry Christmas to you, Kimmie

american gal
21-Dec-09, 14:34
Merry christmas and a very happy new year to all!!:d

Invisible
21-Dec-09, 15:58
all the best to everybody from the riggerboy,

have a party and enjoy

hehe that rhymes

Yes have a very Merry (drunk) Christmas and a happier new year. Still can't believe its this time of year already!

redeyedtreefrog
21-Dec-09, 22:30
Merry Christmas :)

kimmie
22-Dec-09, 13:05
. and a Merry Christmas to you, Kimmie

Thank you :D and to you too! Love this time of year .... most people are happy and friendly to each other and a lot of new friends are made :D

upolian
22-Dec-09, 14:31
have a fantastic xmas and new year everybody

Ricco
22-Dec-09, 17:24
Just like to wish some of the 'oldies' a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You know... Canuck, Dr Szin, Gleeber, Errogie, etc Hopefully they will be takin' a look now and then.

Have a great one, guys!

sassylass
22-Dec-09, 19:16
Merry Christmas to you too Ricco :D

canuck
22-Dec-09, 20:23
Oh Ricco, great to hear from you.

We are having Canadian snow here in Auld Reekie tonight. You know what I mean: soft, gentle, peaceful snow - not the golf ball size dollops that we normally get here. Keep safe where you are.

joxville
22-Dec-09, 20:26
They may be unseen but they aren't always unheard. ;)

Bazeye
22-Dec-09, 20:28
My dream start to the new year would be if Barrow AFC beat Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on January the 2nd in the FA cup. Lets face it, its not gonna happen though. Still, its not going to spoil the day for the 8000 of us going.

golach
22-Dec-09, 20:33

We are having Canadian snow here in Auld Reekie tonight. You know what I mean: soft, gentle, peaceful snow - not the golf ball size dollops that we normally get here. Keep safe where you are.
Hmmph Canuck, you missed out COLD and Wet, now turned freezing, Merry Crimbo Ricco

scotsannie
22-Dec-09, 22:07
I am getting quite annoyed now, if I see one more "HAPPY XMAS" the words are HAPPY CHRISTMAS, have people forgotten the meaning of Christmas?

BINBOB
22-Dec-09, 22:12
I am getting quite annoyed now, if I see one more "HAPPY XMAS" the words are HAPPY CHRISTMAS, have people forgotten the meaning of Christmas?

Totally agree with u....:(

unicorn
22-Dec-09, 22:13
Well mine is neither, it is Merry Christmas :D

bcsman
22-Dec-09, 22:16
the true meaning of christmas is celebrating the birth of santa

upolian
22-Dec-09, 22:18
happy xmas to you to [lol]

Rheghead
22-Dec-09, 22:21

It has nothing to do with Christ. X is appropriate because it represents the unknown but most likely xmas celebrates the winter solstice.

Happy Saturnalia. xxx

Ash
22-Dec-09, 22:22
XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS!

:lol::lol:

BINBOB
22-Dec-09, 22:22
Hmmph Canuck, you missed out COLD and Wet, now turned freezing, Merry Crimbo Ricco

Crimbo................noooooooooooooo...bad word.;)

unicorn
22-Dec-09, 22:24
Merry Christmas to them all.

BINBOB
22-Dec-09, 22:36
the true meaning of christmas is celebrating the birth of santa

Enough said in today's world ,with that comment.:eek:

BINBOB
22-Dec-09, 22:37
XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS!

:lol::lol:

Naughty,naughty,naughty!![lol]

Ash
22-Dec-09, 22:51
Naughty,naughty,naughty!![lol]

couldnt help it

Mr P Cannop
22-Dec-09, 22:57
merry xmas

badger
22-Dec-09, 23:11

Very brave of you - I quite agree and the answer is - yes they have.
Not sure what Rheggy is talking about - how can the word Christmas have nothing to do with Christ? The time was once a pagan festival but there are lots of winter festivals, presumably to cheer us up.

Just for interest I looked it up in Wiki and came up with:

The word Christmas originated as a compound meaning "Christ (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Christ)'s Mass (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Mass_(liturgy))". It is derived from the Middle English (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Middle_English) Christemasse and Old English (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Old_English_language) Cristes męsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038.[6] (http://forum.caithness.org/#cite_note-CathChrit-5) "Cristes" is from Greek Christos and "męsse" is from Latin missa (the holy mass). In Greek (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek), the letter Χ (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Chi_(letter)) (chi), is the first letter of Christ, and it, or the similar Roman (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Latin_alphabet) letter X (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/X), has been used as an abbreviation for Christ since the mid-16th century.[13] (http://forum.caithness.org/#cite_note-12) Hence, Xmas (http://forum.caithness.org/wiki/Xmas) is often used as an abbreviation for Christmas.

So it seems we're both wrong but I still don't like Xmas.
Merry Christmas.

brandy
22-Dec-09, 23:12
well if its any consolation.. we still celebrate the birth of christ in our house. it dosent matter if we got the exact date right.. at least we are doing it.
Santa is all well and fun, but as i have told my 6 and 5 year old.. christmas isnt about santa. we have to remember that while yes, its nice to get presents and to have a lot of new toys and gifts, the real reason we celebrate christmas is because a long time ago, we were given the greatest gift of all... in the form of a new born babe, born of a virgin, in a humble manger. That tiny babe went on to change the world and 2000 years later his message is still ringing clear across the globe. No matter how many scream in anger and hatred against his teachings. no matter how many cry out that he was false and the we love a dead god. no matter how many belittle christians thier faith. Our voices still rise strong and call out in joy... and once a year we are lucky enough to be able to celebrate his birth, to say i bring you good tidings, For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
I do not mind that others belive dif. than I do. that is your choice and I respect that.
however, I would really really like for others to respect my beliefs and that of other christians who really do celebrate christmas for the birth of Christ.
sayin that.. Merry Christmas To All and To All A Good Night.

Phill
22-Dec-09, 23:12
Bah humbug!

golach
22-Dec-09, 23:34
Crimbo................noooooooooooooo...bad word.;)
Whats wrong with Crimbo?? See the book Jackspeak by Rick Jolly, a guide to Royal Naval Slanguage, :- Crimbo is Christmas. The Crimbo Routine at sea can be can be very interesting. One tradition is that the most junior rate borrows the CO's Uniform and does formal "Rounds" (Inspection) of the ship. but there are many others.

Whitewater
23-Dec-09, 00:22
Merry Christmas or Xmas (or whichever you prefer) to all orgers, believers or non believers.

teenybash
23-Dec-09, 00:31
Merry Christmas to all and may the coming year of 2010 bring goodness and light to us all.:D

kimmie
23-Dec-09, 01:17
this is all well and good that people are correcting each other on "merry Christmas, Happy Christmas and happy Xmas" etc... but none of you are even calling Father Christmas by the british name....since when has the brits called him Santa....thats an american term!
I will always say Merry Christmas, and may all the festive spirit be in you all, whatever you believe :D

Issy13
23-Dec-09, 01:43
There is nothing wrong in using Xmas instead of Christmas. The X represents the cross that used to be used in sacrifices.

shazzap
23-Dec-09, 01:57
I hope you all get the Xmas you wish for yourselves.

Iffy
23-Dec-09, 11:01
I completely agree with Brandy - how lovely to be reminded about the true meaning of Christmas !

A Very Happy Christmas to Everyone ! :)

riggerboy
23-Dec-09, 11:46
merry ..................what ever you want to call it, i personally call it a drain on my resourses,

why would anyone want to take a tree in to their nice clean home and cover it in paper and stuff and then watch it die over the next few weeks if you did it in july they would have you away with a i love me jacket on ye, """take him to the nutty house for having a tree in the house in july"""", and whats all the presents about,

we now saturate our kids in the best of stuff, why??? because we dont want them to be out done by wee willie winky down the road whos mam and dad completely off the rocker and have bought every game and gadget on the market for the next up and coming spoilt brat,

parents today put themselves into mass debt for a five minute wonder,

i dont like christmas as you can guess, however i do hope one and all have a very merry 1 and dont have to be paying it off for the rest of 2010,

badger
23-Dec-09, 12:01
They were saying on the radio just now that children don't remember not getting the best toys so long as they had lots of love. Love doesn't cost anything and is the best gift ever.

Well done Brandy - a very happy Christmas to you and your family and to all orgers. Stay safe, keep warm, have lots of hugs :) .

cuddlepop
23-Dec-09, 16:04
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you all.

Hope next year is kinder to us too.:D

sam09
23-Dec-09, 22:45
Well mine is neither, it is Merry Christmas :D
Merry Christma and a Happy New Year to all

Ricco
24-Dec-09, 09:29

I know - we had it too... nice and squeeky. Was out for about 1 1/2 hours shoving cars that were stuck. Went for a walk around the local nature reserve the following day - beautiful.

Ricco
24-Dec-09, 09:31

... and you, Golach. Have a wee dram on me.

mackenzieremovals
24-Dec-09, 11:02
Colin, Elaine, Graham & Staff at Colin Mackenzie Removals wish all our customers a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. Thank you for your support throughout 2009 and we look forward to doing business again in 2010.

Tugmistress
24-Dec-09, 11:05
Merry christmas to all on the org, especially the friends that know me. Hope it's a good one for all xx

Angela
24-Dec-09, 11:39
Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy and healthy 2010. :)

Angela x

trix
24-Dec-09, 11:51
brite blessin's til all ma fellow orgers.

hope ye's hev a fab day an i hope 2010 is a magical year...for those who deserve :Razz

'iss time o' year can be sad for some, especially those that are on their own. alot o' ma auld fowlkies are on their own wi nothin but memories o' better days an a denner til be heited up in 'e microwave.
il be sparin a thot for them when i tuk intil ma home cooked meal an il be thankin ma blessin's that am here, alive an spendin it wi' 'e people that care aboot me 'e most...ma family.

love an laughter all 'e way....for its only a short time we are here ;)

Bobbyian
24-Dec-09, 11:51
A Merry Christmas and A Healthy, Happy New year 2010 to you all.

honey
24-Dec-09, 12:18
merry christmas everyone, and althoug 2009 was great for us as it brought us our gorgeous son, i know its been hard on a lot of folk, so i hope things get back on track for you all in 2010!

xxxx

igglepiggle
24-Dec-09, 12:21
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010 xx

Dadie
24-Dec-09, 12:48
Merry Christmas!

To everyone!

Ps Brandy my nativity scene this year is not working.... Lauren thinks baby Jesus is the baby in Mummys tummy and it is coming out for christmas:lol:
It doesnt matter how many times she is told the reason for christmas she is a bit mixed up this year!

Iona keeps running off with the lambs and the ox and hiding baby Jesus too!

Awww well at least I tried... think they are too little yet to understand and it must be confusing with everyone else on about Mummys baby:lol:

Think she thinks Im having the baby in a shed too not the hospital as a cow and a sheep have to be there!

miranda
24-Dec-09, 14:21
A very Merry Christmas to one and all , good wishes for 2010.

Liz
24-Dec-09, 14:44
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. xx:D

For those of you who Christmas will not be a happy time I hope it will be at least be peaceful and that 2010 brings happiness.

Each
24-Dec-09, 15:04
Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur dhuibh uile
(no-lag cree-ul agus bleeyana va oor yeev oola)

Merry christmas and happy new year to everyone -
in case the kids keep me off the computer over the hols :D

margaret
24-Dec-09, 22:18
I want to wish everyone a very happy christmas and happy new year but be careful on the ice. xxx;)

weedonald
24-Dec-09, 22:24
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

mumof2
24-Dec-09, 23:09
merry christmas everyone not long to wait now! kids are upstairs and in their rooms but sadly not asleep, think it's gonna be a late night. hope you all have a fab day and not too early a morning.

poppett
24-Dec-09, 23:55
Merry Christmas wishes. Hope 2010 will bring good things for all.

Liz
24-Dec-09, 23:55
Merry Christmas everyone! xxx

ShelleyCowie
25-Dec-09, 00:10
Hope that everyone is excited for santa coming! Cos i know i am :lol: Im sitting here enjoying a glass of smirnoff ice, my lobby is packed with presents and they are not all downstairs yet!! :eek:

A very merry christmas to all and their families!!! Hope you all enjoy yer day. :Razz

peedie man
25-Dec-09, 00:21
Happy Christmas everyone ....not long now

Venture
25-Dec-09, 00:27
A Very Merry Christmas to all fellow orgers. May 2010 bring you everything you wish for and more.;)

brandy
25-Dec-09, 00:51
om.. i think everything is ready now.. kids are in bed visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.. all though mum and dad are still awake and dogs as well.. *G* so lots of stirring in this house! *G* but almost ready for bed.. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! and all the best for a (fingers crossed) brilliant 2010!! noughties are almost at an end!

joxville
25-Dec-09, 01:00
it's chriiiiiistmaaaas. :)

Liz
25-Dec-09, 01:02
it's chriiiiiistmaaaas. :)

Are you now playing air guitar Jox?:lol:

joxville
25-Dec-09, 01:09
I may as well, my freeview box has just stopped working. I don't watch much tv but when I want too.........:(

brandy
25-Dec-09, 02:01
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Venture
25-Dec-09, 03:00
I may as well, my freeview box has just stopped working. I don't watch much tv but when I want too.........:(

Ah never mind Jox, Santa has just left and he's promised to have a look in his sack to see if he has a spare one to drop off to you. If not, at least your order is in in plenty of time for next year. Merry Christmas.;)

Margaret M.
25-Dec-09, 04:07
It sounds like 2009 was a pretty crummy year for some so I hope 2010 more than makes up for it. Merry Christmas to everyone in Orgland including Riggerboy!! :D

horseman
25-Dec-09, 06:23
Lovely reading from you all.An a super duper merry christmas to you all:)

Nibbler
25-Dec-09, 06:51
A Merry Christmas to everyone

I hope "Santa" brings you what you wanted :lol:

Rheghead
25-Dec-09, 10:06
'Merry Christmas' to my friends and a 'Merry Kiss ma arse' to my not-so-friends! :)

gleeber
25-Dec-09, 10:55
'Merry Christmas' to my friends and a 'Merry Kiss ma arse' to my not-so-friends! :)
I hope I'm one of your org friends Rheghead because I would rather be shot than poisoned. :eek:
Merry Christmas to all orgers old and new.

canuck
25-Dec-09, 11:07
Merry Christmas to you too Margaret. Enjoy your day! :)

Kenn
25-Dec-09, 11:12
Merry Christmas to one and all.

golach
25-Dec-09, 11:17
Merry Christmas/Crimbo/Xmas to all Orgers

poppett
25-Dec-09, 11:20
As always, Golach, very pc.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

trinkie
25-Dec-09, 11:20
Merry Christmas everyone,
may your New Year be Peaceful and Healthy.

Trinkie

butterfly
25-Dec-09, 13:55
merry christmas everyone!!:):):)

madmissus
25-Dec-09, 14:38
Merry Christmas to everybody on the org, hope Santa brought everybody what they wanted!!!

Sporran
25-Dec-09, 19:18
Merry Christmas, and All the Best for 2010! :D

Tom Cornwall
27-Dec-09, 12:00
I hope you all had a nice day and that Santa was good to you....all the best for the New Year when it arrives and hope that 2010 is all you want it to be..all being well, we may come up and see some of you folks in the summer...love from Tom and Liz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Dec-09, 19:43
Merry Chrimbo and a Happy New Year to yin an aw.:):)