PDA

View Full Version : School closures

newpark
20-Dec-09, 22:38
http://www.schoolclosures.highlandschools.org.uk/index.asp?areaid=1

Thought this might come in handy tomorrow if we get more snow over night.
See there is already a school closure in Invergordon.

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-09, 22:40
thanks very much indeed! :Razz

thebigman
20-Dec-09, 23:19
Nice to see that the Caithness and Sutherland page was last updated at half past nine tomorrow nite :-)

Kiwi
21-Dec-09, 09:11
Pennyland is closed today but hasn't made it onto the list (as yet)

mums angels
21-Dec-09, 09:16
Miller Academy is closed but hasnt made the list yet

riggerboy
21-Dec-09, 09:25
Nice to see that the Caithness and Sutherland page was last updated at half past nine tomorrow nite :-)

well spotted wonder if they have the lottery numbers ?????

Ash
21-Dec-09, 09:29
any ideas on mount pleasant

cannot get an answer at the school

unicorn
21-Dec-09, 09:29
Here is the MFR page http://www.mfr.co.uk/article.asp?id=180535

mums angels
21-Dec-09, 09:45
Here is the MFR page http://www.mfr.co.uk/article.asp?id=180535

miller is saying open on that one too but its closed so must be slow on updates which seems daft considering if mine were going they would have had to have left 15 mins ago at latest , i am just glad i still have the emergecy phone numbers for the school

Ash
21-Dec-09, 09:48
mount pleasant is open but it up to you if you put them or not

NickInTheNorth
21-Dec-09, 09:50
Thurso High School - is open because (so the message says) there are no severe weather conditions!!

unicorn
21-Dec-09, 09:51
Mfr are normally spot on so thats unusual for them. I wonder how many will close today and send them home cos the sky looks full of snow.

unicorn
21-Dec-09, 09:53
Miller on it as an after 8.30 notification.

elastic band
21-Dec-09, 15:32
Thank you so much for posting that link -very useful.

veekay
21-Dec-09, 20:01
Can anyone let me have the bad weather line number for Thurso High school, blowed if I can find mine - put it somewhere safe!
Thanks

wickscorrie
21-Dec-09, 21:36
http://www.thurso.highland.sch.uk/publications/ParentHandbook0910final.pdf
page 22 for adverse weather and the phone number

veekay
22-Dec-09, 07:39
Thank you for that.

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-09, 09:06
Pennyland Open today. :eek: Dreadin takin e kids oot when its so icy. Will just have to leave a bit earlier and take my time i think

Katy
22-Dec-09, 09:15
Miller is open too but only if you feel it is safe to send your kiddos and try to leave it as late as possible when putting them in as it will take a while to spread salt on the whole playground.

Another snow day at home for my wee one as our road at Hill of Forss is frozen solid! No chance of me risking driving in it!!!

Hope its all back to normal tomorrow for the church concert xxx

highlander
22-Dec-09, 09:27
Temp driving to town this morning -8, country roads are lethal!

Ash
22-Dec-09, 09:46
I've been trying to ring Mount Pleasant all morning, no reply, I am not putting my daughter to school today, its soo slippy, she has started with the cold, and with the temperature outside no way im putting her

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-09, 09:48
This might make me sound bad but the kids are staying home today. I walked outside, nearly fell and so did the kids. There is no way i feel safe walking in that. Phoned the school and told them my reason and they said its ok.

Phew.......

Ash
22-Dec-09, 09:50
god shelley not at all bad
its awful out there

my wee one is staying home for the same reason

mums angels
22-Dec-09, 10:17
Mine gone to school as Miller said it was open but to bring them as late as possible as to give them time to grit the playground etc , however they usually walk down but gave them a lift this morning.

It was the bin men in our street i felt sorry for today as we are on a hill the lorry wouldnt come down so they were having to drag all the bins up whilst trying to keep thier balance , left them thier xmas present this morn and glad i did as they well deserve it .