PDA

View Full Version : whats the roads like

travelling man
20-Dec-09, 11:10
Planning to travel from Thurso to Wick today are the roads ok

webmannie
20-Dec-09, 11:29
Was thinking about doing the same, anybody know?

lynne duncan
20-Dec-09, 11:40
faither says main road between reiss and wick is fine if you have four wheel drive

jm.mack
20-Dec-09, 11:45
Does anybody know what the roads between Thurso & John O'Groats are like? We are supposed to be heading out there at lunch-time today, dependant on weather.

upolian
20-Dec-09, 11:53
the road going through watten is quite slushy it is driveable if care taken,but outside of watten im not sure sorry

linkside
20-Dec-09, 11:58
the road going through watten is quite slushy it is driveable if care taken,but outside of watten im not sure sorry
thanks Upolian thats a start

rockyrider
20-Dec-09, 13:37
after what happened to us yesterday on warth hill i would stay at home.if your trip is vital then please take care

webmannie
20-Dec-09, 18:44
Just back from Wick, never seen a single gritter down or back. On the way down it was just slush tracks, which you had to keep clear of, on the way back the road is starting to ice up with the rain that fell earlier.

Bobinovich
20-Dec-09, 19:56
Well today I've been Thurso to Keiss (including the Kilimster road) then on to Ulbster, then back with a wee detour at Bower - am not long home. I had no problems driving on any of the main roads, and only moderately so on the untreated Kilimster and Bower roads. As per Northerner's post here (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=634967&postcount=23), steady does it!