PDA

View Full Version : Aol

Rourkee
19-Dec-09, 18:45
Does anyone up here, especially in the Wick area get the broadband speed promised by AOL?

Kirdon
19-Dec-09, 18:47
Does anyone up here, especially in the Wick area get the broadband speed promised by AOL?

You are joking?.

Kathy@watten
19-Dec-09, 18:49
I use AOL and have found the internet connection quite quick, and despite what folk say have never had pants service when things go wrong at all! and no I don't work for AOL!

Kevin Milkins
19-Dec-09, 19:15

No.:confused AOL are like Marmite.

cemmts
19-Dec-09, 19:54
I get on avarage 7.2 with aol in wick

Rourkee
19-Dec-09, 21:46
You are joking?.

No I am not. I pay for up to 8 meg, my line will do 6.5 meg and I get less than 1 meg during the day and 2 meg when everyone goes to bed!
I have been promised an engineer will call me on Tuesday evening, can't wait it should be an interesting conversation!!

Kirdon
20-Dec-09, 18:02
No I am not. I pay for up to 8 meg, my line will do 6.5 meg and I get less than 1 meg during the day and 2 meg when everyone goes to bed!
I have been promised an engineer will call me on Tuesday evening, can't wait it should be an interesting conversation!!

Good luck.

Rheghead
20-Dec-09, 18:12

I was paying the platinum package which is 8mb, fact is that my line doesn't support it so why pay for it? I just went for the gold package instead which was quite reasonable.

cesare
21-Dec-09, 09:00
ive had aol since 1996 and never had a problem with them always get over 800kb far better than the con that is bt broadband or talktalk...
i used to have the 2 mb package i phoned em up told aol i could get bt 8mb for 2 quid dearer so what aol did was offer me 8mb and phone calls for same price i was payin i declined the phne calls part n just got my speed upgraded never had a problem since