PDA

View Full Version : Shopping locally

H
19-Dec-09, 18:00
I've just come home from a a great afternoon shopping in Thurso. I was really impressed with the selection offered and the shopkeepers were so helpful everywhere I went.

J A Mackays has a great choice of locally produced food & drink - we were offered strawberry vodka and smoked salmon to try - fantastic.

Sinclairs ladies shop has a lovely selection of clothing even in my size! What joy!

The ladies in Gunns shoe shop knew who I was buying for and even knew the right size and colour that I would need.

Where else would you get such good service!

Kathy@watten
19-Dec-09, 18:53
Have to agree, local Christmas shopping not only removes the worry about internet parcels going awol, but you meet up with other folk shopping and catch up on the local craic, have found a good selection of gifts locally and have not had the hassles of trying to get round the over busy shops in Inverness and never mind the cost of travelling...it has to be the way to go! Wick too has good local shoppies and great gift shops for those last minute pressies....have avoided the tesco madness and shopped in small shops.

Ash
19-Dec-09, 20:05
this year i have bought alot of presents locally, tempations and picture box being my favs! :D

catherine nicol
20-Dec-09, 11:52
this year i have bought alot of presents locally, tempations and picture box being my favs! :D

Where is Temptations? I haven't heard of that shop since I've come home.

Ash
20-Dec-09, 13:32
Its where J Allans used to be in thurso, it has lots of toys upstairs and candles, ornaments, bags ect down stairs

Hoida
20-Dec-09, 13:35
Have done all my christmas shopping locally and it is definitely less stressful than Inverness The local shopkeepers are all very friendly and very helpful :)