PDA

View Full Version : Vienna...

trix
19-Dec-09, 15:51
anyone been til Vienna?

its where am goin for ma winter holidays :D

all i ken aboot'ed is, 'ats far Hitler wis borne....an there are poker tournaments in febuary ;)

floyed
19-Dec-09, 16:01
You lucky thing, wish i was going with you:) Maybe you could squeeze me in your bag:lol:

trix
19-Dec-09, 16:15
You lucky thing, wish i was going with you. Maybe you could squeeze me in your bag:lol:

if i could, i wid babe ;)
unfortunately i da leave iss country withoot a book an as its choost a short break am only takin a little bag...:Razz

someone says til take a chumper wi me, am thinkin it mite be cowld...

floyed
19-Dec-09, 16:31
Weather info for you and a little history of Viennax

Climate and weather in Vienna

Vienna has moderate Central European climate. Every season has its typical climate. December, January and February are characterised by harsh winter while June, July and August are the hottest months in the year. Autumn and spring are changeable. In the east there are hot summers and cold winters but long winters and short summer are typical of the Alps.

Mean annual temperature: 8 - 10 Celsius

Temperature in winter: -2 - 4 Celsius

Temperature in summer: 20 - 35 Celsius

History of Vienna

The history of Vienna goes back to the first century AD. The Romans called this settlement Vindobona: the remains of the Roman era are still recognisable in the present day city centre. In the Middle Ages, Vienna became a remarkable trading metropolis founded on the trading routes for amber and salt.
During the Habsburg Dynasty Vienna developed into one of the largest cultural and economical centres of Europe. The reign of Maria Theresa was an important period in the history of the city: Vienna became famous and glamorous. The marks of the baroque and rococo are still recognizable in the city.
Vienna's heyday was in the second half of the 19th century, during the reign of Franz Joseph and his wife Elisabeth. This period is remarkable for both Budapest and Vienna as they became modern cities at that time. The Ring road was built in 1857 in the place of the old city wall. Today Vienna is famous for its museums, events, caf� houses, concert halls and historical monuments.

riggerboy
19-Dec-09, 16:34
it wid appear yer levin week til go til week

trix
19-Dec-09, 16:34
Weather info for you and a little history of Viennax

blimey...thanks doll.

p.s ye wis lookin fabulous last nite - well tidy ;)

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-09, 17:17
Oh iv read some bad things about at place.

But hey dont let the bad reviews i have read stop ya! ;)

bekisman
19-Dec-09, 17:45
Ah Vienna.. cake shops.. the Danube.. and if you go up in the Ferris wheel there (200ft) it's a bit rickety, but can put your mind at rest as it creaks and groans, it was built by a British Engineer!

webmannie
19-Dec-09, 17:48
Yes been there two years ago on business, be prepared to travel everywhere by tram. So i'd school up on them. They are unbelievably efficient and ALWAYS on time!! I was at a VIP function where we had a violin, cello, piano and opera singer welcoming us in, pretty cool. If you can go listen to an orchestra. Bars are small and very welcoming, went to one twice in a row and the barman welcomed me back like a long lost brother! One had old photos of naked ladies all round the walls, never noticed until we had finished our meal. The shops are top end, Jaeger etc

I enjoyed the visit, I would go back no problem

Loafer
19-Dec-09, 17:56
I was in Vienna a few years back and without doubt one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Easy to walk about, very friendly folk and spotlessly clean.

The Loafer

P.S. Whatever you do, DO NOT miss the cake shops!!

Margaret M.
19-Dec-09, 18:01
What a lovely winter getaway, Trix. Have a super time! I would love to see Vienna at Christmas time.

trix
20-Dec-09, 16:28
am deid excited aboot'ed an it sounds lovely, a wee break wi some guid company.

iv been telt til take ma passport but leave ma purse at home ;)

whats 'e crack aboot 'e cakes tho.....are they lek "special" cakes? :D

tonkatojo
20-Dec-09, 17:03
inside a Viennese cake shop Trix.

Loafer
20-Dec-09, 19:42
What a lovely winter getaway, Trix. Have a super time! I would love to see Vienna at Christmas time.

It was Christmas 2003 we were there, absolutely wonderful it was...

The Loafer

trix
20-Dec-09, 21:13
inside a Viennese cake shop Trix.

waw :eek: cool eh? think i maybe will take ma purse efter all!!

if i go on a strict diet now then i can really knock masel oot in one o' them shops :D

trix
20-Feb-10, 19:08
"oooohhhhh vienna" tra la la la la - singin til ye's ifanow from weinerner neustadt :cool:

a pituresque little toon (industrial estate) 25 miles ootside vienna. hev a lovely view o' 'e alps fie wur hotel.

one o' ma pals got knockt oot 'e tournament but 'e ither dude is still in wi' a fightin chance o' winnin :cool:

iv bin sittin at 'e bar wi' ma book, sippin champagne an chattin up all 'e chermins. am choost managin til combat 'e language barrier til do 'e flirtin.

lookin hot an mentionin scotland hes them lek putty [lol]

beeg party enite for 'e players, made lots o' new pals so its gona be a ball.

tomorrow am gona play ma first poker tournament.

dad, when i get home can i come for ma tea? will ye make me a beeg plate o' mince an tatties wi dough boys? im missin ma guid auld fashioned scottish meit.

"auf weidersein" people x x