PDA

View Full Version : accident

rockyrider
19-Dec-09, 14:30
had an accident this morning 19/12/09 at warth hill j.o.groats on icy road,car turned over trapping me my wife, brother and sister in law.we all survived without a scratch,just shocked.just like to thank police, fire,ambulance crews,they got us out and looked after us,a special thank you to a passing motorist and his passenger who stayed with us while help arrived.

Liz
19-Dec-09, 14:37
So glad to hear you are all okay!

BINBOB
19-Dec-09, 14:39
had an accident this morning 19/12/09 at wharf hill j.o.groats on icy road,car turned over trapping me my wife, brother and sister in law.we all survived without a scratch,just shocked.just like to thank police, fire,ambulance crews,they got us out and looked after us,a special thank you to a passing motorist and his passenger who stayed w
ith us while help arrived.

How awful for u all,but very glad that all is well,,,take care.

riggerboy
19-Dec-09, 14:40
glad your all okay

Kevin Milkins
19-Dec-09, 14:43
Glad to hear that you are all okay, that must have been a bit scary.:eek:

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-09, 14:45
Wow glad yer ok! Must o been quite a scary thing.

Leanne
19-Dec-09, 14:55
Glad your all OK - not what you need before Christmas but at least you got away without a scratch. *hugs*

Rheghead
19-Dec-09, 15:03
I'm glad you are all OK, what lesson will you take from your bad experience?

Loraine
19-Dec-09, 15:09
Scary stuff isn't it! I saw two cars being taken away after an accident in Wick this morning. The police car was just leaving the scene as I drove past and one car had lost it's entire front bumper - it was left lying on the pavement!! Just shows you how easily accidents happen in weather like this. Take care on the roads out there - it's treacherous! :(

Lucy
19-Dec-09, 16:06
So glad you are all ok. the emergency services go right past my house and i am always thinking of what is happening (and often thinking the worst) many thanks for letting us know you are all safe.

caithnesslad
19-Dec-09, 16:12
Was it a Silver zafira? I seen it at about 2am last night was going to stop but was pretty sure the car was empty, I crashed today aswell that roads been a joke for lack of gritting.

Tugmistress
19-Dec-09, 16:38
glad you're all ok, a car can be replaced, people can't.

conditions like todays will catch a lot of people out :(

Sage
19-Dec-09, 17:09
just want to add a me too...glad you're all ok after the accident

Scary but as long as you're all fine. :)

teenybash
19-Dec-09, 17:10
Whew.......glad all is well......Someone up there is watching over you.....a big thanks to them.:)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Dec-09, 17:15
Was it a Silver zafira? I seen it at about 2am last night was going to stop but was pretty sure the car was empty, I crashed today aswell that roads been a joke for lack of gritting.

No it wasn't a Zafira. Glad the driver and family ok.

As an aside... I always thought it was the Warth Hill ??? and i've lived here all my life - shows you how little I know.

groater
19-Dec-09, 17:45
your good samaratins who stopped were Mr&Mrs shearergirl (orgers) and K O T it is Warth Hill

Margaret M.
19-Dec-09, 18:05
Wow, how scary. So glad you all got out without injuries.

caithnesslad
19-Dec-09, 18:55
My car actually looked really bad, One wooden post made a fair meal of the car but mind you it's french, Will be fixed in a month or so and back on the go.

sids
19-Dec-09, 18:57
"Wharf Hill!"

Sniggers.....

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Dec-09, 19:27
your good samaratins who stopped were Mr&Mrs shearergirl (orgers) and K O T it is Warth Hill

you are so knowledgeable..... I must get over with your christmas card and thank you card!!!

groater
19-Dec-09, 19:35
thanks K O T even got your company recovery unit some work!! :lol:

rockyrider
19-Dec-09, 19:43
"Wharf Hill!"

Sniggers.....
sorry about spelling told you i was in shock.hehe

rockyrider
19-Dec-09, 19:54
ps hope everyone has a wonderful xmas,we will.pps a big thankyou to mr & mrs shearergirl

northener
19-Dec-09, 22:23
Glad you're all OK, it's even worse up there just now.

unicorn
19-Dec-09, 22:25
Good to see someone publicly thanking those that have helped them when in need.
Glad you are all ok.

missmillie
19-Dec-09, 22:35
haha Wharf Hill class, Glad you are all alright pops good job or I wouldn't get my Christmas presents :roll:

Scary the amount of accidents today drive careful guys! I'm watching people flying past the window waiting for the next one!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Dec-09, 23:16
thanks K O T even got your company recovery unit some work!! :lol:

yeah I did wonder when he said the fire brigade called....

hope you enjoyed yer curry the night :-)

Boozeburglar
20-Dec-09, 00:26
I crashed today aswell that roads been a joke for lack of gritting.

Ironic.

Nuff said.

Just adding that I am glad you are okay as well. In case that was not clear.

shearergirl
20-Dec-09, 01:03
We were just very relieved to find everyone was ok and talking to us when we got to the car. Must have been a very scary time!

Glad to hear all is well after the initial shock, take care and merry christmas to you all! :)

caithnesslad
20-Dec-09, 01:21
Ironic.

Nuff said.

What else could it have been sitting at 30 on a straight and not a gritter in sight for about 2 hours i was stuck in a ditch, Heard there's been a fair few complaints about the roads like.

upolian
20-Dec-09, 01:31
Ironic.

Nuff said.

the lad has smashed his car and your making a stupid comment like that,why?

no grit = slidey roads,not hard to understand

Boozeburglar
20-Dec-09, 01:38
I don't know..

Maybe I am stupid?

Just adding for those unclear about what irony is.. He passed by the scene of the afore mentioned accident earlier, and subsequently had one himself.. I thought that was ironic.

DeHaviLand
20-Dec-09, 01:48
What else could it have been sitting at 30 on a straight and not a gritter in sight for about 2 hours i was stuck in a ditch, Heard there's been a fair few complaints about the roads like.

Hate to say it, but if you crashed on a straight road, then you were driving at an inappropriate speed. And if you dont think 30mph was an inappropriate speed, ask yourself if you would still have crashed at 10mph.:roll:

horseman
20-Dec-09, 11:01
Whoops,there is allways a know it all...
Post not without merit,but why say it!
There is ever a downside to a mishap..an sure as hell there will be a charlie to point it out. :(

upolian
20-Dec-09, 11:56
Whoops,there is allways a know it all...
Post not without merit,but why say it!
There is ever a downside to a mishap..an sure as hell there will be a charlie to point it out. :(

my thoughts exactly,if your speeding they pounce on you,if you crash at half the speed limit your pounced on,give the guy a break nobody wants it happening at this time of year! glad your ok and the car isnt to bad

Boozeburglar
25-Dec-09, 00:52
Again I would like to stress I am very happy he is ok.

You are right, it is Christmas, and with the roads the way they are accidents happen. Let us all be thankful when we survive them.

:)

Stavro
25-Dec-09, 01:46
had an accident this morning 19/12/09 at warth hill j.o.groats on icy road,car turned over trapping me my wife, brother and sister in law.we all survived without a scratch,just shocked.just like to thank police, fire,ambulance crews,they got us out and looked after us,a special thank you to a passing motorist and his passenger who stayed with us while help arrived.

Dreadful shock for you all, but the main thing is that you are all ok!
The Police, Ambulance and Fire services do a great job coming out at all hours, in all weathers and so often at this time of year they have to cope with very hazardous conditions too.